Register now to remove this ad

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: 2020 Yankees Season thread

FYI, Garcia was on pace for a 4 WAR season through his 6 starts. That's very, very solid. As long as he stays healthy, he is gonna be a thorn in your side for years to come
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No Dodger WS.

I'm pulling for the Rays to beat the Braves.

If it's Houston-LAD, I could care less.
    I'm pulling for a Rays/Braves World Series also, but I hope the Braves win it all. I don't really want the Rays in the WS, but they are the lesser of two evils against the Astros. I have nothing against the Dodgers, but I like the Braves better. It's too bad it can't be a Braves/Dodgers World Series. LOL

I'm rooting for the Dodgers and I have no shame in it. Mookie is still my favorite player in the league, and probably always will be, and a Dodgers win means that a WS champion would have attended my high school in small town boondocks CT

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm rooting for the Dodgers and I have no shame in it. Mookie is still my favorite player in the league, and probably always will be, and a Dodgers win means that a WS champion would have attended my high school in small town boondocks CT
    How are the Rays "evil?"
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    FYI, Garcia was on pace for a 4 WAR season through his 6 starts. That's very, very solid. As long as he stays healthy, he is gonna be a thorn in your side for years to come
    Maybe.

Somehow, I'm thinking if he was a Sox player, you'd not be saying this.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Point?

Tanner Houck was on the exact same pace after 3 starts. Is the benchmark for representative sample size more than 3 starts but less than 6?

Quote Originally Posted by slasher9 View Post
    almost smiley beni day. #excited
    yay!!!!!
    other names i have posted under: none

I heard a Yankees fan on NY Sports Radio calling for Cashman to be fired. He said that Cashman has failed to add reinforcements over the last 3 trade deadlines.

I didn't realize this extends to 3 trade deadlines in a row. That's pretty pathetic if true. Moreover, if this fan is correct, you do have the justification for firing Cashman and hiring a GM who will act with greater urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    I heard a Yankees fan on NY Sports Radio calling for Cashman to be fired. He said that Cashman has failed to add reinforcements over the last 3 trade deadlines.

I didn't realize this extends to 3 trade deadlines in a row. That's pretty pathetic if true. Moreover, if this fan is correct, you do have the justification for firing Cashman and hiring a GM who will act with greater urgency.
    In 2018 they added Lance Lynn in July and Andrew McCutchen in August.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The Yankees have largely stuck by catcher Gary Sanchez during what has been an up-and-down career, but it’s possible that could change before next season. Asked Wednesday about Sanchez’s status, general manager Brian Cashman was not willing to commit to him as the team’s No. 1 catcher going forward. Cashman said (via Bryan Hoch of MLB.com) that it’s “certainly a fair question” whether Sanchez will remain the Yankees’ main backstop. The Yankees plan to evaluate the position during the offseason.

Sanchez began his career with a flourish in 2016, smacking 20 home runs and slashing .299/.376/.557 in 229 plate appearances, but his offense and defense have been inconsistent since then. Sanchez was a big-hitting catcher as recently as 2019, but the 27-year-old slumped to a .147/.253/.365 line with 10 homers over 178 PA during this past regular season. He also led the AL in passed balls and finished in the majors’ 37th percentile in framing (per Statcast), though he did throw out a respectable 27 percent of would-be base stealers.

While the Yankees may be souring on Sanchez, whom they sat in the playoffs on multiple occasions, alternatives aren’t easy to find. J.T. Realmuto would represent an upgrade and a major splash on the open market, but the only starting-caliber catcher available after him in free agency will be James McCann.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The Yankees have largely stuck by catcher Gary Sanchez during what has been an up-and-down career, but it’s possible that could change before next season. Asked Wednesday about Sanchez’s status, general manager Brian Cashman was not willing to commit to him as the team’s No. 1 catcher going forward. Cashman said (via Bryan Hoch of MLB.com) that it’s “certainly a fair question” whether Sanchez will remain the Yankees’ main backstop. The Yankees plan to evaluate the position during the offseason.

Sanchez began his career with a flourish in 2016, smacking 20 home runs and slashing .299/.376/.557 in 229 plate appearances, but his offense and defense have been inconsistent since then. Sanchez was a big-hitting catcher as recently as 2019, but the 27-year-old slumped to a .147/.253/.365 line with 10 homers over 178 PA during this past regular season. He also led the AL in passed balls and finished in the majors’ 37th percentile in framing (per Statcast), though he did throw out a respectable 27 percent of would-be base stealers.

While the Yankees may be souring on Sanchez, whom they sat in the playoffs on multiple occasions, alternatives aren’t easy to find. J.T. Realmuto would represent an upgrade and a major splash on the open market, but the only starting-caliber catcher available after him in free agency will be James McCann.
    Clearly not a fan of Wilson Ramos...