Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Yankees Season thread

Deivi throws another gem, offense goes bonkers. 6 in a row

If things stay as is, our first round opponent will be the Twins, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If things stay as is, our first round opponent will be the Twins, lol
    You mean you will have a bye the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    You mean you will have a bye the first round.
    That’s what I was insinuating, yes

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    That’s what I was insinuating, yes
    I'd be worried if I were you. As messed up as 2020 is...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'd be worried if I were you. As messed up as 2020 is...
    Anything can happen in a 3 game series and there will most definitely be some upsets in the first round based on probability. Yanks could get knocked out sure, but no use worrying about it. I'm just glad they're not playing like dogshit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Anything can happen in a 3 game series and there will most definitely be some upsets in the first round based on probability. Yanks could get knocked out sure, but no use worrying about it. I'm just glad they're not playing like dogshit anymore.
    They have definitely turned things around, and once again look like a playoff team.

Needless to say, I will be pulling against them every step of the way.

#AnyoneButTheYankees

What in the world is all this fuss about Deivi Garcia ? Little Pedro , my butt. He better grow up and get a fastball first .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    What in the world is all this fuss about Deivi Garcia ? Little Pedro , my butt. He better grow up and get a fastball first .
    Looked off today, had bad command and his secondary pitches were flat. That Sox rookie looked pretty good though. Not a super hard thrower but everything he threw had movement and he seemed to have good command. I'm guessing we'll be seeing both of these pitchers quite a bit on the future.

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think that Midget Garcia is a better pitching prospect than Tanner Houck. Houck has amazing upside.

Clearly you know little about baseball

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Looked off today, had bad command and his secondary pitches were flat. That Sox rookie looked pretty good though. Not a super hard thrower but everything he threw had movement and he seemed to have good command. I'm guessing we'll be seeing both of these pitchers quite a bit on the future.
    ^^^ An objective Yankee fan.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    He's a good prospect and off to a nice start, but any comparison to just about any MLB pitcher is probably based on nothing but hope. We've seen Yankee prospects come up with more hype, like when Manny Banuelos was the next Johan Santana and Jesus Motero was the next Miguel Cabrera.

Perhaps those fans were thinking of some other Johan Santana and Miguel Cabrera? Like not the ones who were immensely successful baseball players?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He's a good prospect and off to a nice start, but any comparison to just about any MLB pitcher is probably based on nothing but hope. We've seen Yankee prospects come up with more hype, like when Manny Banuelos was the next Johan Santana and Jesus Motero was the next Miguel Cabrera.

Perhaps those fans were thinking of some other Johan Santana and Miguel Cabrera? Like not the ones who were immensely successful baseball players?
    How often do these comparisons of unproven kids to the greats of the game ever work out ? Very , very seldom . I am old enough to remember when Faye Throneberry and Gene Stephens were " the next Ted Williams ." Uh , I don't think so . There have been a few " next Pedros " , but all have come up short .

Deity
    How often do these comparisons of unproven kids to the greats of the game ever work out ? Very , very seldom . I am old enough to remember when Faye Throneberry and Gene Stephens were " the next Ted Williams ." Uh , I don't think so . There have been a few " next Pedros " , but all have come up short .
    True, in that it's not just Yankee fans with the Evaluations of Future Glory. Remember when Tony Blanco was the the Next Vlad Guerrero? Turns out he wasn't even the Next Mario Guerrero...