Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 605 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Our fucking CDC really screwed the pooch here. They didn't test people when the virus first started showing up here. Not sure if it was due to lack of tests, politics, whatever. But they entirely fucked up containment. Every single ED doc has had cases that could have been COVID 19. Every single one of those patients should have been tested. Instead, the CDC help to their guns and only tested cases that were so likely to be COVID 19 that you almost didn't need to test. We only got 70,000 tests nationwide, but up until a week ago we only used 500 with millions more on the way. We entirely fucked up containment.
    Hal sucks

Christ, another cruise ship suspected of carrying the virus. You're fucking taking away resources if all 5000 of you assholes needs to be tested and later quarantine because you felt the need to be pampered in time of crises.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Christ, another cruise ship suspected of carrying the virus. You're fucking taking away resources if all 5000 of you assholes needs to be tested and later quarantine because you felt the need to be pampered in time of crises.
    Nah man, there's no turning your back on unlimited shrimp cocktails

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Testing kits will be used only on people who present symptoms. Resources will not be wasted on all 5,000 people. Taking a cruise is not a crime. And they probably had the cruise booked well in advance of the virus being in the news. Are they supposed to forfeit the fare out of fear? That's ridiculous panic.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1235786467420581888?s=20

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My company just sent out an email stating that salespeople are no longer allowed to travel to Europe or Asia.

Since there have been a few cases in NY, I'm going to lobby that the NY HR Exec should stay in NY next week and not come down here.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1235786467420581888?s=20
    Check out the tweet replies below that tweet.

As with the Chris Sale situation, it's enough to make you just throw your hands up in total confusion.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The CDC has entirely screwed the pooch. You cannot prevent a disease or contain a disease if you do not test for it. Period.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Our fucking CDC really screwed the pooch here. They didn't test people when the virus first started showing up here. Not sure if it was due to lack of tests, politics, whatever. But they entirely fucked up containment. Every single ED doc has had cases that could have been COVID 19. Every single one of those patients should have been tested. Instead, the CDC help to their guns and only tested cases that were so likely to be COVID 19 that you almost didn't need to test. We only got 70,000 tests nationwide, but up until a week ago we only used 500 with millions more on the way. We entirely fucked up containment.
    Jeez doc. You sound a bit hysterical over this?
    I have a cough. Should I go get tested?
    Will they test anyone with a cough?

Did you support the China travel ban in early Feb?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Ok...

My big question!

Going to the April Sox series in Seattle.
    Go?
    Don't go?
    Stay at the Airbnb in Seattle?
    Shake hands with our dear old friend who runs security there?
    Hide in my basement?
    Call in sick for the next few months?
    Demand to be tested for coronavirus?

I get the feeling that if I watch MSNBC & CNN many more hours a day, I may begin building a bunker out back?
    Should i?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Look... I get the concern!

BUT... after the Travel ban from China, the administration was accused of xenophobia and racism. "Peddling hysteria and racial stereotypes."

A month later..... The hysteria didnt just seem directed, it was & still is.

It SEEMS that 'some' are looking to make this out to be Trump's 'Katrina?'

That certainly seems to be the msm narrative.

What have we heard about attacking non-political institutions???

Now, "The CDC has screwed the pooch?
    We're all gonna die?"

Come on now?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

The media is panicking people. Shelves in stores are emptying quickly of non perishables. They are talking about playing professional basketball games without fans in the arena. If they want to induce panic, they are doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Jeez doc. You sound a bit hysterical over this?
    I have a cough. Should I go get tested?
    Will they test anyone with a cough?

Did you support the China travel ban in early Feb?
    Listen, I am "hysterical" more over the lies being told publicly which are absolutely impacting the lives of Americans across the country. We could have done a better job controlling this. If the tests were available to the doctors treating patients, then we would have screened anyone with a chance of having this disease. Instead, epidemiologists (who do not see patients) are making the final determination on whether we can even test people. That is where the problem is. If someone looks well but is from an area where COVID 19 was prevalent and they have a cough, we should have been testing them. But we weren't allowed to
    Hal sucks

Jacko's right on this one. There are things we can all do to prepare, short of hysteria. Eye rolling isn't going to help you in 2-3 weeks when this gets really bad.

Stay safe everyone.

Italy is entirely shut down. Medical staff are all expected to have it but are continuing to work. They are sleeping in the hospitals. They’ve got so many people on ventilators that they cannot move them. All elective everything has been cancelled. Surgeons and other doctors are mostly practicing as COVID 19 docs as their largest hospital is just overflowing. This is a deadly disease that is culling the elderly and chronically ill. It’s going to cripple our medical system