Register now to remove this ad

Page 76 of 605 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    the president says its no big deal. we have this under control. churches will be full for easter. so the orange man worshippers eat that shit up. they are a joke just like him.
    This is useful information.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This is useful information.
    i tried giving useful information weeks ago.
    i was at the supermarket yesterday to stock up on supplies. it was not very crowded but there were mostly elderly people in there. me and a couple other x-geners were the only ones wearing masks/gloves. the boomers were acting like it's a party. some of them will end up dead.
    older fellas please stay home. if you HAVE to go out...please keep distance and wear a mask or bandana or something over your mouth/nose.
    stay alive.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

also - do not plan on church / brunch for Easter. no matter what you may hear.
    other names i have posted under: none

The Easter Bunny better be wearing gloves and a mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

i was at the supermarket yesterday to stock up on supplies. it was not very crowded but there were mostly elderly people in there. me and a couple other x-geners were the only ones wearing masks/gloves. the boomers were acting like it's a party. some of them will end up dead.
    older fellas please stay home. if you HAVE to go out...please keep distance and wear a mask or bandana or something over your mouth/nose.
    stay alive.

This guy isn't a Boomer. You need to get a message to dopes like this.

https://twitter.com/realPolitiDiva/status/1242829196444958723?s=20

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This guy isn't a Boomer. You need to get a message to dopes like this.

https://twitter.com/realPolitiDiva/status/1242829196444958723?s=20
    Yeah, seems like my generation and the elderly are still taking this lightly. The elderly I can understand, but not my age group
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, seems like my generation and the elderly are still taking this lightly. The elderly I can understand, but not my age group
    The problem is that the media really sold this as "only old people are going to die from this" so younger people thought they could be invincible and freak others out. They don't realize that young people are actually dying from this.

stay alive.

Very inspiring...

I'm a tail end "boomer," and I don't know a single person who is treating this like a party.

I do angee that Trump's rhetoric errs too much on the side of optimism.... agreed.... BUT, it's not too far off.

Nobody can or should predict whether Easter Services should be open or attended! Agreed.

Still... I want optimism from my president! We both agree he can be an enormous douche with far too many of his comments! Definitely agree.

Still... Knocking him for being optimistic about existing medications, i.e. hydrocloroquine with antibiotic, POSSIBLY showing real hope and potential, simply smacks of pure politics. Citing some POOR FOOL who ingests aquarium cleaner in some insane bid to gain immunity from the virus, is pure demagoguery.

Anyway.... Aside from painting "boomers" as a bunch of dipshit drooling fools, partying it up during this crisis, I agree with your recommendations.

Again... I WANT optimism & hope from any POTUS!

What I don't want is the raw & rank politics of a potential nominee, being wheeled in front of a camera for a dour, downcast, depressing, doddering, & somewhat dim-witted fireside chat.

Cuomo has been by and large very good. I could be persuaded to go with him in 2020!
    Last edited by Sox75; 03-25-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

The problem is that the media really sold this as "only old people are going to die from this" so younger people thought they could be invincible and freak others out. They don't realize that young people are actually dying from this.
    Their brains aren't fully developed until age 26 and some are just downright stupid. Responsible young people with adequate cognitive function realize that they could get infect their parents or grandparents with a potentially fatal virus, and they behave responsibly. The media (and I despise the media) isn't responsible for the behavior of the twits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Very inspiring...

I'm a tail end "boomer," and I don't know a single person who is treating this like a party.

I do angee that Trump's rhetoric errs too much on the side of optimism.... agreed.... BUT, it's not too far off.

Nobody can or should predict whether Easter Services should be open or attended! Agreed.

Still... I want optimism from my president! We both agree he can be an enormous douche with far too many of his comments! Definitely agree.

Still... Knocking him for being optimistic about existing medications, i.e. hydrocloroquine with antibiotic, POSSIBLY showing real hope and potential, simply smacks of pure politics. Citing some POOR FOOL who ingests aquarium cleaner in some insane bid to gain immunity from the virus, is pure demagoguery.

Anyway.... Aside from painting "boomers" as a bunch of dipshit drooling fools, partying it up during this crisis, I agree with your recommendations.

What I don't want is the raw & rank politics of a potential nominee, being wheeled in front of a camera for a dour, downcast, depressing, doddering, & somewhat dim-witted fireside chat.

Cuomo has been by and large very good. I could be persuaded to go with him in 2020!
    It would be a plus for NY to get Cuomo at of NY, but the next Governor could be worse.

Meanwhile the old people are at peace with the thought of dying so they're living it up
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Meanwhile the old people are at peace with the thought of dying so they're living it up
    No, they just don't believe the science.

Their brains aren't fully developed until age 26 and some are just downright stupid. Responsible young people with adequate cognitive function realize that they could get infect their parents or grandparents with a potentially fatal virus, and they behave responsibly. The media (and I despise the media) isn't responsible for the behavior of the twits.
    The media isn't 100% responsible of course. However, this virus was too often framed as an old person problem.

No, they just don't believe the science.
    ^ This is generalization is one of your more idiotic generalizations.

The media isn't 100% responsible of course. However, this virus was too often framed as an old person problem.
    It was framed as extremely dangerous to older people, which is accurate. The response of young people with irresponsible behavior is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Very inspiring...

The best thing for Trump to do would be just be invisible and let the professionals handle it. Trumps initial baloney about how this was being managed and then the blame game makes him a write off as for considering anything he says as of truthful or relevant. Heck, when the guy even tries to make it through reading an uplifting speech that is supposed to lift American spirits, he looks as uncomfortable as a cat that someone put socks on. The dude has been exposed (again) and is way out of his league. And in true American wisdom, his poll numbers are at a high right now.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine