Register now to remove this ad

Page 81 of 605 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    My favorite obvious lie was when talking about the $150 billion payout Obama “made to Iran”.

Trump actually said he saw the government agents - and I quote - “load the crates and boxes on to a plane” and send it to Iran.

How many things are wrong with that very brief story?
    The 15 cases of infected cases to 0 in within a couple of weeks is pretty awesome. Being the most informed person in the world you might think he would have been a bit more on target. Then to up the anti the " I knew it was a pandemic long before anyone did".
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

I hate corporate buy backs. That's rich too. Who would have thought.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Seems like he’s rapidly losing the Centrist vote, although no one can switch that back the other way faster than Biden.

During debates, Biden should just say “Remember all those quarantines during the 2009 bird flu epidemic? Me neither!”

Then do a mic drop and walk off stage and - and this is the most important part - not talk again until he does the same thing at the next debate...
    Keep dreaming.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Translation would be the American public is too stupid to to see fact from fiction. LOL!!
    Sure, that is another good translation. “We can’t trust you to think for yourself so we will translate what he is saying and hopefully make more people hate him.” And that attitude got him elected the first time.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My favorite obvious lie was when talking about the $150 billion payout Obama “made to Iran”.

Trump actually said he saw the government agents - and I quote - “load the crates and boxes on to a plane” and send it to Iran.

And how many times did Biden tell the story about being arrested while trying to see Nelson Mandela in prison.

Deity
    And how many times did Biden tell the story about being arrested while trying to see Nelson Mandela in prison.
    So that excuses Trump’s lies?

Trump is the President of the USA. Biden isn’t. The standards are not the same...

Deity
    Keep dreaming.
    Oh Biden won’t do it. He should.

He’ll be his own worst enemy for the entire campaign...

Trump is the President of the USA. Biden isn’t. The standards are not the same...
    Disagree. Biden is ostensibly running for Pres right now (though that’s up for debate since he’s gone into hiding the past week and is refusing to debate Bernie again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Oh Biden won’t do it. He should.

He’ll be his own worst enemy for the entire campaign...
    No, he shouldn’t do that. If you were running his campaign, he’d be out right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    No, he shouldn’t do that. If you were running his campaign, he’d be out right now.
    I’d be happy with that, too...

The litany of lies accusations accompanies every president. It’s a boring argument that preaches to the choir. It isn’t sports. It isn’t helpful information about the virus and this isn’t the choir.

The Facts:

Iran got between $100 - $150 Billion in long time frozen assets.

$1.8 BILLION IN CASH: On crates unloaded from a plane

Just the facts baby!

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...obama-and-iran

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ayment-to-iran

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ran-terrorism/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/04/16...-nuclear-deal/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...d-iran/604744/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/critics...ent-1470255592

It ain't that hard to research the FACTS.
    Last edited by Sox75; 03-25-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

2 FLAWED candidates ..

Trump: speaks off the cuff too often. Conflates facts. Is sometimes a bit loose with the facts.
    Plus.... ok! Hey can kinda be a douche, so I get why many hate him.

Still... msm OPENLY HATES him, and puts THE WORST SPIN IMMAGINABLE on every story related to Trump.

Biden: used to be a very reasonable guy. Back when I was a Reagan Democrat.

Started with the racially demagogic "They gonna put you all back in chains" bullshit during the 08 & 12 elections.

Has lied repeatedly about knowing his son was working for Burisma, the most corrupt comp in Ukraine, at the exact time Joe took over Ukraine policy, where he was ostensibly "FIGHTING CORRUPTION." LOL :0

Hunter was paid $50 - $83K/month, totalling over $3MILLION.

He also signed a deal in 2013 to manage $1.5 BILLION for a subsidiary of the Bank of China, DIRECTLY AFTER grifting on Airforce 2, where papa Joe was managing China Policy.

No small cheese!

ADD TO THAT....
    - Joe simply is WAY past his prime, and often seems more than a bit out of it.
    - That recent "fireside chat," was simply aweful.

Big choice in Nov 3, 2020.

I get why BOTH SIDES would stick with their horse.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    The 15 cases of infected cases to 0 in within a couple of weeks is pretty awesome. Being the most informed person in the world you might think he would have been a bit more on target. Then to up the anti the " I knew it was a pandemic long before anyone did".
    Heck, I forgot about that one. Though it is easy to forget one of Trump's lies in the litany of lies, fabrications, half truths and gibberish he has told about one of the worst crisis facing the country since WW2.

And

You are right. What a man says from the bully pulpit of the Office of Chief Executive is a whole nuther' kettle of fish from what one might say running for the office. In fact, one of DonDon's biggest problems is that he NEVER rises to the requirements of the Office. He is always running for the job, 24/7. Hence he simply ignores the responsibilities of the office even when its life and death and a major crisis such as this one.

Trump is happy talk and gibberish, all day every day, the consummate con man. His shield is his shamelessness. I used to think Joe McCarthy was shameless. Trump has McCarthy beaten by a country mile.

I simply do not know how Hillary has the audacity to show her face losing to this nitwit, king of unscrupulousness.
    Last edited by jung; 03-25-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    2 FLAWED candidates ..

Trump: speaks off the cuff too often. Conflates facts. Is sometimes a bit loose with the facts.
    Plus.... ok! Hey can kinda be a douche, so I get why many hate him.

Still... msm OPENLY HATES him, and puts THE WORST SPIN IMMAGINABLE on every story related to Trump.

Biden: used to be a very reasonable guy. Back when I was a Reagan Democrat.

Started with the racially demagogic "They gonna put you all back in chains" bullshit during the 08 & 12 elections.

Has lied repeatedly about knowing his son was working for Burisma, the most corrupt comp in Ukraine, at the exact time Joe took over Ukraine policy, where he was ostensibly "FIGHTING CORRUPTION." LOL :0

Hunter was paid $50 - $83K/month, totalling over $3MILLION.

He also signed a deal in 2013 to manage $1.5 BILLION for a subsidiary of the Bank of China, DIRECTLY AFTER grifting on Airforce 2, where papa Joe was managing China Policy.

No small cheese!

ADD TO THAT....
    - Joe simply is WAY past his prime, and often seems more than a bit out of it.
    - That recent "fireside chat," was simply aweful.

Big choice in Nov 3, 2020.

I get why BOTH SIDES would stick with their horse.
    I have to say that I don’t think Biden is really anyone’s horse. He’s more like a sacrificial lamb.