Register now to remove this ad

Page 134 of 605 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Fair enough! Post all the links on both men.

Kavanaugh? ZERO evidence of RAPE.
    No buts lots of evidence of an adult man screaming accusations at Congress during what was essentially a job interview about how everyone was trying to deny him a place on the Supreme Court, like he deserved it and had earned it. Rapist? Fine with unproved. Immature entitled man-child? Guilty as charged...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No buts lots of evidence of an adult man screaming accusations at Congress during what was essentially a job interview about how everyone was trying to deny him a place on the Supreme Court, like he deserved it and had earned it. Rapist? Fine with unproved. Immature entitled man-child? Guilty as charged...
    Entitled? That is a long way from being a rapist. If the accusation had been leveled that he was entitled, the vote would have been 100-0 confirming.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Read this quote and try telling me that this guy is not a good leader:

"Our country is in the midst of a great national trial, unlike any we have ever faced before. [...] We’re at war with a deadly virus. Success in this fight will require the full absolute measure of our collective strength, love, and devotion. It’s very important. Each of us has the power through our own choices and actions to save American lives and rescue the most vulnerable among us" President Trump said
    But see the thing is, a lot of his previous quotes - most of which are less than 2 months old - fly in the face of that message. Why wasn't he this leader in February? To me it looks like he did not taking this serious until after it became serious.

And is Rush Limbaugh (whom I do not blame Trump for) really still spouting that this is just a conspiracy to wreck the economy under the guise of saving lives?

I respect the hell out of you Notin, but he had THE ENTIRE MSM and Dem Party fully aligned against him.
    Using every ACCUSATION POSSIBLE, and treating every tail as FACT!

It was the most disgusting and dispicable thing I've ever witnessed in a public political low tech lynching of a SCOTUS Nominee. They turned JUSTICE on its head, and unanimously DEMANDED he was GUILTY until proven innocent . It was a MOCKERY of justice, the precepts of our legal and justice system, and a HYSTERICAL lynch mob! It was THAT insane!

Sorry! You are flat wrong here!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

I respect the hell out of you Notin, but he had THE ENTIRE MSM and Dem Party fully aligned against him.

It was the most disgusting and dispicable thing I've ever witnessed in a public political low tech lynching of a SCOTUS Nominee. They turned JUSTICE on its head, and unanimously DEMANDED he was GUILTY until proven innocent . It was a MOCKERY of justice, the precepts of our legal and justice system, and a HYSTERICAL lynch mob! It was THAT insane!

While I agree that the evidence of rape was inconclusive, I do not think Kavanaugh should have been confirmed. There shouldn't be even the faintest piece of doubt regarding the moral character of a Supreme Court judge
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Entitled? That is a long way from being a rapist. If the accusation had been leveled that he was entitled, the vote would have been 100-0 confirming.
    I left the rape with "unproven." Even though this isn't Scotland...

Deity

Why don't you tell Merrick Garland than Kavanugh's trial was a mockery?

Legend
    Sobering perspective:

Total US casualties in WW2: 235,000; in WW1: 116,516; in the Vietnam war: 58,220

This plague will likely kill close to the same number of people as the number of soldiers killed in battle during WW2. And still people are out there congregating like its a picnic.

If you condemn Trump over the slow response, which was mainly caused by an unforeseen FUCK UP with the testing, you are going to have to condemn a lot of Democrat Legislators and political leaders.

No! Trump definitely did not realize the totality of this threat, but still took defimotize actions long before most Dems. BOTTOM LINE.... He was CONDEMNED by the msm & most Dems as a "RACIST & XENOPHOBE" for the EARLY travel ban.

Who were the Dems & msm people who defended that?

NONE!

Still, LIKE ALL the politicians & legislators, Trump had a learning curve.

NOW? A LEADER!
    The msm & Dems? Attack dogs.

60+% see that, and a political price will be paid!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Why don't you tell Merrick Garland than Kavanugh's trial was a mockery?
    Was there a trial for Merrick Garland? Was there a hearing? No. I understand your outrage over "no hearing." That is an understandable outrage! BUT... Still the process & politics of it. Was Garland PERSONALLY and politically savaged? No. Were there obvious bogus 37 year old accusations made against Garland? Nope!

No. There wasn't any of that! You & I might hate the fact that McConnell refused to bring the Nomination forward in an election year, but that has NOTHING to do with what was done to Kavanaugh. Nothing!
    Last edited by Sox75; 04-01-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

If you condemn Trump over the slow response, which was mainly caused by an unforeseen FUCK UP with the testing, you are going to have to condemn a lot of Democrat Legislators and political leaders.
    Have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    While I agree that the evidence of rape was inconclusive, I do not think Kavanaugh should have been confirmed. There shouldn't be even the faintest piece of doubt regarding the moral character of a Supreme Court judge
    Sorry dude. On this NEW, "Its the seriousness of the charges" and a need for the "accused to PROVE their innocence," we part ways on a hard note.

If that precedent were EVER SET, we are done as a nation and legal system girded by "innocent until proven guilty."

I would agree if the preponderance of the evidence was overwhelming or even strong, but that was definitively not the case!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Have at it.
    Ooops. Wrong click.

This case is clear too.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Deity
    Was there a trial for Merrick Garland?

No. There wasn't. You & I might hate the fact that McConnell refused to bring the Nomination forward in an election year, but that has NOTHING to do with what was done to Kavanaugh. Nothing!
    But it does. Do you really think McConnell would have been opposed to moving an appointment if a Republican was the lame duck?

The reason was not because it was an election year. The two primary proponents of delaying - McConnell and Graham - also both strongly encouraged allowing lame duck President Bush to finish his federal judge appointments, pleading it was his job and not subject to partisan poitics. But when it came to the other side having an appointment, he employed a stall tactic, which was ridiculous. Especially since he and Graham both later accused to Democrats of the same thing with Kavanaugh's appointment.

Even Jeb Bush, not exactly the voice of the Democratic party, agreed that it was Obama's job to appoint a Supreme Court Justice and Congress' job to have an approval hearing. As did former Attorney General under Alberto Gonzalez, again hardly the voice of the Left..

Deity
    Sorry dude. On this NEW, "Its the seriousness of the charges" and a need for the "accused to PROVE their innocence," we part ways on a hard note.

If that precedent were EVER SET, we are done as a nation and legal system girded by "innocent until proven guilty."

I would agree if the preponderance of the evidence was overwhelming or even strong, but that was definitively not the case!
    Stop.

There is a difference between establishing moral character and formal crime accusations. This is NOT a case of "guilty until proven innocent," because it was not a criminal trial. It's not like Kavanaugh was going to go to prison if he was not confirmed. If Kavanaugh was not confirmed, his worst case scenario was he went back to being a federal judge. The HORROR! The miscarriage of justice!!

You can't throw around unsubstantiated Biden rape charges and questions upon his moral character one one hand, but then treat the politicians you like as if they were victims of injustice - even going so far as to say legal standards for proof apply - for the exact same thing...