Register now to remove this ad

Page 136 of 605 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Why would he if he had the votes?
    Because it was an election year. He said himself it was not about partisan politics and more about letting the people decide...

Deity
    Actually, the evidence of rape was non-existent, none was presented, nor alleged at the hearings.
    Yes, because it as not a criminal trial.

Of course, the actual term used in the press was not rape, but the much softer "sexual misconduct."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    If you condemn Trump over the slow response, which was mainly caused by an unforeseen FUCK UP with the testing, you are going to have to condemn a lot of Democrat Legislators and political leaders.

No! Trump definitely did not realize the totality of this threat, but still took defimotize actions long before most Dems. BOTTOM LINE.... He was CONDEMNED by the msm & most Dems as a "RACIST & XENOPHOBE" for the EARLY travel ban.

Who were the Dems & msm people who defended that?

NONE!

Still, LIKE ALL the politicians & legislators, Trump had a learning curve.

NOW? A LEADER!
    The msm & Dems? Attack dogs.

60+% see that, and a political price will be paid!
    Seeriously? His travel ban was a joke. "No foreign nationals who have been to China for the past 2 weeks."

What about US citizens in China? And permanent residents? They re-entered the country with no quarantine. Trump's travel ban was lime damming a river half way across and saying "That ought to do the trick."

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Seeriously? His travel ban was a joke. "No foreign nationals who have been to China for the past 2 weeks."

What about US citizens in China? And permanent residents? They re-entered the country with no quarantine. Trump's travel ban was lime damming a river half way across and saying "That ought to do the trick."
    I do agree that it was NOT perfect!
    No argument there!

Answer me a few questions....
    What Dem supported the Travel Ban?
    If Trump had put these returning American under federal quaranteen, what Democrat would have backed it?

Is there a single Democrat politician who did not condemn this Travel Ban as, "racist and xenophobic?"
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Of course, the actual term used in the press was not rape, but the much softer "sexual misconduct."
    Since it was, as you point out,"not a criminal trial", it would have been much easier to present evidence and make allegations of rape at a hearing than if it was a criminal trial. Even with that lower bar, no allegations of rape were made by any witnesses, nor was any evidence presented.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

If it had been a Republican approved nominee, McConnell would most definitely pushed through the nomination if he had the votes.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

In the media, it was called rape and rape trains.

Predictable ..

We are right back to, "Trump killed all Covid-19 patients, and no Dem had a similarly slow learning curve."

Check!
    Gotcha!
    Very balance & 'nuanced' views!
    Almost as balance as the MSNBC's & CNN's of the msm.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

The ultimate "High-Tech lynching of a black man who...."

I'll let Clarence Thomas speak for himself....

"it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a committee of the U.S. -- U.S. Senate, rather than hung from a tree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Hill

https://youtu.be/ZPNkkUJtjo8

Please read or listen to his exact statements in the hearing led by Joe Biden.

IF CT were a Democrat, WOULD THIS EVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED?

NOPE! No way! If you are an African-American politician or Nominee, and you happen to be a Conservative and Republican, you will be destroyed by any means necessary.

In today's Liberal Progressive weaponized #metoo era?
    He would have been TOAST from day 1!

Anybody think if Biden were leading those hearings today, he would give Clarence Thomas a fighting chance?
    He would unabashedly be leading the charge.
    LOL. I know about those Biden statements. They are disqualifying for his presidency IMO. Biden was wrong then.

Asking what Thomas thought about the hearing is dumb as fuck. Sorry. His opinion doesn’t matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Predictable ..

We are right back to, "Trump killed all Covid-19 patients, and no Dem had a similarly slow learning curve."

Check!
    Gotcha!
    Very balance & 'nuanced' views!
    Almost as balance as the MSNBC's & CNN's of the msm.
    Non sequitur.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Not to disturb the political part of this thread, but there is some news on the Covid front. Seems a study in Iceland showed that about half of the people infected have no symptoms at all. In this country its estimated that asymptomatic infected people number about 25%. So the CDC is reconsidering their recommendation that the general public not use face masks in public. I think that soon they are going to suggest that anyone who goes out in public wear a mask to protect others (there is still little evidence that masks protect the user from disease). They will recommend not using an N95 mask until the supply is adequate. Stay tuned.....
    I don't understand why the mask keeps droplets from getting out, but it doesn't protect the individual from breathing droplets in.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I am reasonably sure that the mortality rate is under 2%. I think that they are selectively testing those at greatest risk for a bad outcome and those with minor symptoms are being told to manage themselves at home. There is still an inadequate number of kits with which to test everyone. The second reason is that many infected people have no symptoms, so obviously those people are not getting tested either. Fact is, we don't know the denominator. If the only people who get tested are the sickest ones then it will look like the mortality rate for infection is much higher than it really is.
    That's exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't understand why the mask keeps droplets from getting out, but it doesn't protect the individual from breathing droplets in.
    To be honest, I don't know why or how that happens. I have heard some guess that suspended droplets can enter the mask around the edges (mask are generally not air-tight, and most people wear them incorrectly anyway. Healthcare professionals get training on how to properly wear them-and unless they are not worn properly the N95 mask effectiveness is reduced) whereas when you exhale you deposit your exhaled droplets more directly onto the closest part of the mask to where you are exhaling, either the nose or the mouth. Also, the N95 mask, which is thicker than a surgical mask, significantly increases the work of breathing. Most people can't wear them for long periods of time. And when you adjust them with your fingers you run the risk of also touching your face, increasing the chance of infection.

Whatever the reason, there is little evidence that masks protect the user from getting infected. Perhaps it just hasn't been studied adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't know the extent to which either is true, but assuming it is, it's still better than nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

We need to remember that the Covid test is just a test . It is not a vaccine . You could test clean today and become infected tomorrow . The best thing to do is follow the guidelines . Assume that anyone you see might be infected . Play it safe . Don't get careless for a moment.