Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    You rule with an iron fist.
    https://youtu.be/_FBe9l_A3vo
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    On that note I will repeat something I have posted here before. IMO, the last three Presidents we have had are the worst of the modern era, one worse than his predecessor in each case. Bush 43, weak and too easily swayed to letting underlings (Chaney and Bolton) become bulls in various China shops with disastrous results. Obama, snarky and without a single drop of LBJ's blood in his system. When he finally snapped, he REALLY snapped. When snarky and balls to the walls Executive Order silly. Yes, he had a GOP that declared war on him just for his standing in the door or the WH. Still if you are going to run for the job, you better be prepared for it. One of the best examples I have of a President that ran for a second term with no particular purpose nor enthusiasm.

And this guy Trump. Let's just say we will have to elect an actual cartoon character next to continue the trend of each President worse than the last as we have had for the last three. Perhaps Goofy or Daffy Duck would be good choices.
    Nooooooo!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112825...arry-security/

Let's run from this like hell, and debate whether U.S. taxpayers should pay for security for Harry and Meagan!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

I actually kinda like this kid, Harry!
    Nice bloke!
    She seems nice enough. No clue really...

BUT... HELL NO! We're not rooting the bill for their security!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    I actually kinda like this kid, Harry!
    Nice bloke!
    She seems nice enough. No clue really...

BUT... HELL NO! We're not rooting the bill for their security!
    A spokesperson for the Sussexes said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

Put the booze down my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    A spokesperson for the Sussexes said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

I wonder if that statement came out before or after Trump's tweet saying that he would not pay their security bill. The Royals have never been known to turn down a free ride.

Edit: The statement by the spokesman was made after the President's Tweet.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 03-29-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

LOL :0

I read that, but what fun is talking about reality!
    Anything to avoid a debate about recent presidents!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

I wonder if that statement came out before or after Trump's tweet saying that he would not pay their security bill. The Royals have never been known to turn down a free ride.
    Harry seems like he doesn’t care about that shit, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    LOL :0

I read that, but what fun is talking about reality!
    Anything to avoid a debate about recent presidents!
    Looking forward to that hot James Buchanan talks

Legend
    Are you a drug trial expert? My guess is he knows far more about them than anyone else on here. End of story.
    Not to take anything away from Jacko-he is doing work on the front lines and for his service he deserves a lot of thanks. My guess is that he and I are not the only doctors on this forum.....if anyone else is a medical doctor here maybe they could identify themselves. Although our opinions are often just opinions I do think that we have a bit more insight into the medical part of it in some situations. JMO. And no more political stuff from me. The rest of you guys can post as you like, obviously

Legend
    Meanwhile the federal "social distancing" guidelines are now until April 30....maybe longer. Good move.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Not to take anything away from Jacko-he is doing work on the front lines and for his service he deserves a lot of thanks. My guess is that he and I are not the only doctors on this forum.....if anyone else is a medical doctor here maybe they could identify themselves. Although our opinions are often just opinions I do think that we have a bit more insight into the medical part of it in some situations. JMO. And no more political stuff from me. The rest of you guys can post as you like, obviously
    What kind of practice are you in?

Legend
    What kind of practice are you in?
    None now. I am still a licensed pediatrician but I was able to retire early. I try to keep as up to date as possible on the plague and I am in contact with several of my former colleagues about new developments to see their point of view as well.

Deity
    Looking forward to that hot James Buchanan talks
    Buchanan? Our first gay President?

Or do we want to talk about Millard Fillmore, our only necrophiliac President?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Or do we want to talk about Millard Fillmore, our only necrophiliac President?
    If that’s what you’re into, I saw this in the theatre with my ex and her sister:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissed

It’s worth it for the very end of the movie when Sarah Mclachlan starts playing.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    On that note I will repeat something I have posted here before. IMO, the last three Presidents we have had are the worst of the modern era, one worse than his predecessor in each case. Bush 43, weak and too easily swayed to letting underlings (Chaney and Bolton) become bulls in various China shops with disastrous results. Obama, snarky and without a single drop of LBJ's blood in his system. When he finally snapped, he REALLY snapped. When snarky and balls to the walls Executive Order silly. Yes, he had a GOP that declared war on him just for his standing in the door or the WH. Still if you are going to run for the job, you better be prepared for it. One of the best examples I have of a President that ran for a second term with no particular purpose nor enthusiasm.

And this guy Trump. Let's just say we will have to elect an actual cartoon character next to continue the trend of each President worse than the last as we have had for the last three. Perhaps Goofy or Daffy Duck would be good choices.
    Rob Manfred.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.