Register now to remove this ad

Page 176 of 605 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What are you talking about? My comment was to Bellhorn solely about Mushnick’s opinion piece. It had zero to do with this board.
    Sorry! Thought you were snarking at me as usual.

Mea culpa
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I hate to say I’m right on this one but it does look like we will lose 100’s of thousands of US Citizens to this virus.....or do you still believe we are at 15 going to zero?
    Trump also didn’t mean 15 deaths, but 15 active cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Sorry! Thought you were snarking at me as usual.

Mea culpa
    I’ve actually been refraining from snarking at you for a few days now. Just don’t take whatever I say as being personal towards you because it’s not.

Mom's still not infected. Thanks for your loving concern 78.

Hopefully, her place won't lose dozens, as they did at her neighbor memory care in Holyoke.

Nice of you to ask.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Mom's still not infected. Thanks for your loving concern 78.

Hopefully, her place won't lose dozens, as they did at her neighbor memory care in Holyoke.

Nice of you to ask.
    Why are you even bringing up this shit? We all know people in the line of fire here.

1. You post about my mom, someone I never bring up.
    2. “???” Me
    3. “Oh, you must have missed my earlier post about my mom, just hope yours is ok.“ You
    4. “She is doing fine. Thanks for asking.”

But now you’ve spent multiple posts getting pissy at me for my response because I didn’t ask about your mom even though you said she’s ok?!?!?

This makes no sense to me.

Your "concern" on all of this is very much, if not exclusively, on a macro level.

I mention my mom's memory care is infected by a worker from Soldier's Home in Holyoke, where almost 2 DOZEN have died. Same type of place. CO-INFECTED.

Anything from you? Nada

Right back to your typical snark.

Whatever dude. You are who you are.

To be clear.... you are very good at snark & demonizing R's.
    That seems to be all?
    Last edited by Sox75; 04-05-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Deity
    So now DonDon is recommending from the Bully Pulpit of the WH that hydroxychlorquine be used as a prophylactic by Doctors and Nurses specifically. But lets face it, if he mentions Doctors and Nurses, its just a cover for EVERYBODY. To the best of my knowledge there is not even any trials underway for the use of the drug as a prophylactic v COVID-19 virus.

Highlights for hydroxychloroquine
    Hydroxychloroquine oral tablet is available as a brand-name drug and a generic drug. Brand name: Plaquenil.
    Hydroxychloroquine comes only as a tablet you take by mouth.
    Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis.

Important warnings
    Child danger warning: Accidentally swallowing just a few tablets has been fatal in some children. Keep this drug in a child-resistant bottle out of reach of children.
    Worsened skin conditions warning: Tell your doctor if you have skin conditions, such as psoriasis or porphyria. This medication may make these conditions worse.
    Eye damage: This medication can damage your eyes, leading to vision problems that can be permanent. This damage is more likely when the drug is used in high doses.
    Heart damage: This medication can cause heart disease. Although uncommon, some cases have been fatal.

The drug is not without certain side effects and I don't see how attempting to use it as a prophylactic would meet the standard of the "compassionate care" stipulation.

Side effect of COVID19 is death.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    I actually think the thing that shows the most promise and for which in other instances has proven effective is convalescent plasma loading, taking the plasma from someone that has recovered from the virus and using it to help people trying to fight off the virus. It certainly stands as much of a chance if not a better chance of being effective than any drug that has not been tailored to COVID-19 that has side effects.

Deity
    Side effect of COVID19 is death.
    There is nothing that suggests it should be used as a prophylactic and Trump is as usual WAYYYY out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    There is nothing that suggests it should be used as a prophylactic and Trump is as usual WAYYYY out of his depth.
    That is up to the physician whether to prescribe and manage the side effects.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    That is up to the physician whether to prescribe and manage the side effects.
    Then DonDon should SHUT UP. He is not Dr DonDon. If anything he's Dr IDIOT!

Perhaps he could use the time to figure out what a strategic stockpile is and learn how it should be used as opposed to reinventing it just because ........he wants to squat over every single thing he sees and mark his territory and of course create ill gotten gains for his big corporate donors. The guy has never been more than a jumble of malignant pathologies and that is all he is today.

And for the record it can only be prescribed in very specific cases which do not include as a prophylactic. So as usual DonDon does not know what he is talking about. If DonDon knew what he was talking about he would have allowed Dr Fauci to answer the question instead of shouting him down. What an embarrassment for a President of the United States.

That was nothing more than a blather session, DonDon riffing for his ghoulish base.

Any question from the 4th estate representative of the job of the 4th estate is met by Trump with derision and angry throwing of his rattles and other various playpen toys. What a waste of time. Putting Birx and Fauci through that clown show was an EMBARRASSMENT! That mess was simply the latest in the laughable and dangerous and counterproductive CLOWN SHOW that has been Trump's oblivious response to this crisis that goes back as far as December and early January. The result of this Trumpian Freak Show......,the epicenter of this pandemic is not Europe. it's not China, ITS THE United States.

For the record DonDon you blithering idiot, any return to focus on recovering the economy has to be predicated on TESTING and you STILL are not testing anywhere near enough! Cut down on the WH briefing room riffing sessions and pick up on the actual work of fighting this thing and you might have a shot Donnie boy.

I drove around on Sunday just to get a look at what Birx and Fauci were talking about and they are right. Way way way too many people walking around in close clusters....just lambs to the slaughter because there is no national lockdown and there is no consistent message out of the WH, from the bully pulpit of the Oval.
    Last edited by jung; 04-06-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    There is no proven benefit of hydroxychloroquine. Zero. No proven benefit of prophylaxis. Zero. There is theory. Anecdotally, it doesn’t work. Many hospitals have adopted it for their in patients out of desperation, and it hasn’t worked. NY is burning through it like wildfire, and it hasn’t worked. So continuing to tout it as a cure or treatment or preventative because “what do you have to lose” is stupid. It’s not a very safe drug, so using it isn’t proven to work is stupid. It’s side effect at therapeutic levels is cardiac arrhythmia which can lead to death.

I’m very intrigued by the early results of remdisivir. Their trial results that have been leaked are positive, although the data hasn’t entirely been released. The docs in Seattle and California have anecdotally thrown their support behind it as a good drug that leads to real improvement. This one has the type of early signs that you look for and a side effect profile that doesn’t include sudden death. The problem is, it will take many months to provide enough of the drug for commercial use.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    There is no proven benefit of hydroxychloroquine. Zero. No proven benefit of prophylaxis. Zero. There is theory. Anecdotally, it doesn’t work. Many hospitals have adopted it for their in patients out of desperation, and it hasn’t worked. NY is burning through it like wildfire, and it hasn’t worked. So continuing to tout it as a cure or treatment or preventative because “what do you have to lose” is stupid. It’s not a very safe drug, so using it isn’t proven to work is stupid. It’s side effect at therapeutic levels is cardiac arrhythmia which can lead to death.

I’m very intrigued by the early results of remdisivir. Their trial results that have been leaked are positive, although the data hasn’t entirely been released. The docs in Seattle and California have anecdotally thrown their support behind it as a good drug that leads to real improvement. This one has the type of early signs that you look for and a side effect profile that doesn’t include sudden death. The problem is, it will take many months to provide enough of the drug for commercial use.
    Gilead has ramped up production of remdisivir as of January. EU countries are pleading to be included in the early clinical trials / distribution.

also - thank you to you and your colleagues Jacksonianmarch. may you all stay safe.
    other names i have posted under: none