Register now to remove this ad

Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 2,626 to 2,638 of 2638

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What are you talking about? My comment was to Bellhorn solely about Mushnick’s opinion piece. It had zero to do with this board.
    Sorry! Thought you were snarking at me as usual.

Mea culpa
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I hate to say Iím right on this one but it does look like we will lose 100ís of thousands of US Citizens to this virus.....or do you still believe we are at 15 going to zero?
    Trump also didnít mean 15 deaths, but 15 active cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Sorry! Thought you were snarking at me as usual.

Mea culpa
    I’ve actually been refraining from snarking at you for a few days now. Just don’t take whatever I say as being personal towards you because it’s not.
    ďNow Iím not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I canít circle because I donít have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?Ē

Mom's still not infected. Thanks for your loving concern 78.

Hopefully, her place won't lose dozens, as they did at her neighbor memory care in Holyoke.

Nice of you to ask.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Mom's still not infected. Thanks for your loving concern 78.

Hopefully, her place won't lose dozens, as they did at her neighbor memory care in Holyoke.

Nice of you to ask.
    Why are you even bringing up this shit? We all know people in the line of fire here.

1. You post about my mom, someone I never bring up.
    2. “???” Me
    3. “Oh, you must have missed my earlier post about my mom, just hope yours is ok.“ You
    4. “She is doing fine. Thanks for asking.”

But now you’ve spent multiple posts getting pissy at me for my response because I didn’t ask about your mom even though you said she’s ok?!?!?

This makes no sense to me.

Your "concern" on all of this is very much, if not exclusively, on a macro level.

I mention my mom's memory care is infected by a worker from Soldier's Home in Holyoke, where almost 2 DOZEN have died. Same type of place. CO-INFECTED.

Anything from you? Nada

Right back to your typical snark.

Whatever dude. You are who you are.

To be clear.... you are very good at snark & demonizing R's.
    That seems to be all?
    Last edited by Sox75; Yesterday at 07:09 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Deity
    So now DonDon is recommending from the Bully Pulpit of the WH that hydroxychlorquine be used as a prophylactic by Doctors and Nurses specifically. But lets face it, if he mentions Doctors and Nurses, its just a cover for EVERYBODY. To the best of my knowledge there is not even any trials underway for the use of the drug as a prophylactic v COVID-19 virus.

Highlights for hydroxychloroquine
    Hydroxychloroquine oral tablet is available as a brand-name drug and a generic drug. Brand name: Plaquenil.
    Hydroxychloroquine comes only as a tablet you take by mouth.
    Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis.

Important warnings
    Child danger warning: Accidentally swallowing just a few tablets has been fatal in some children. Keep this drug in a child-resistant bottle out of reach of children.
    Worsened skin conditions warning: Tell your doctor if you have skin conditions, such as psoriasis or porphyria. This medication may make these conditions worse.
    Eye damage: This medication can damage your eyes, leading to vision problems that can be permanent. This damage is more likely when the drug is used in high doses.
    Heart damage: This medication can cause heart disease. Although uncommon, some cases have been fatal.

The drug is not without certain side effects and I don't see how attempting to use it as a prophylactic would meet the standard of the "compassionate care" stipulation.

Side effect of COVID19 is death.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the ďCliffĒ is a myth. It canít be defined, and itís future existence cannot be proved.

Deity
    I actually think the thing that shows the most promise and for which in other instances has proven effective is convalescent plasma loading, taking the plasma from someone that has recovered from the virus and using it to help people trying to fight off the virus. It certainly stands as much of a chance if not a better chance of being effective than any drug that has not been tailored to COVID-19 that has side effects.

Deity
    Side effect of COVID19 is death.
    There is nothing that suggests it should be used as a prophylactic and Trump is as usual WAYYYY out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    There is nothing that suggests it should be used as a prophylactic and Trump is as usual WAYYYY out of his depth.
    That is up to the physician whether to prescribe and manage the side effects.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the ďCliffĒ is a myth. It canít be defined, and itís future existence cannot be proved.

Deity
    That is up to the physician whether to prescribe and manage the side effects.
    Then donjon should SHUT UP. He is not Dr DonDon. If anything he's Dr IDIOT!

Perhaps he could use the time to figure out what a strategic stockpile is and learn how it should be used as opposed to reinventing it just because ........he want to squat over single thing and mark his territory. The guy has never been more than a jumble of malignant pathologies and that is all he is today.
    Last edited by jung; Today at 04:52 AM.