Register now to remove this ad

Page 195 of 605 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 9064

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I didn't say bipartisan for a reason. They are less partisan, but not bipartisan. I agree with that
    I don't think they are any less partisan that notin, but that's just my opinion. It's hard to talk about politics and not be partisan.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I will also say that all the griping about how inept we were in terms of preparation is absolutely pointless. None of that matters now. We have to deal with the situation we are currently in, not the one we should have/could have been in
    I think it still matters because it also calls into question the administrations current and future actions in case there is a second outbreak which Dr Fauci suggested could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I don't think they are any less partisan that notin, but that's just my opinion. It's hard to talk about politics and not be partisan.
    True dat
    I can't disagree with you

Hey! Here's an idea!?

Keep talking everything down, and hope the economy doesn't open back up for the 18 months many of you are now pushing for....

Guess what!? We will get on top of this, and we will start to move forward in a few months!

NO DOUBT we will need to move forward with caution! With extreme caution! BUT move forward we will.

Now, I know that scares some of you! You are terrified! Seemingly terrified over any bit of hope.

This is how off the rails you've gone.

NEWS FLASH.... We are not shutting this economy down for another 6, 12, or 18 months! It ain't happening!
    Last edited by Sox75; 04-09-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

I think it still matters because it also calls into question the administrations current and future actions in case there is a second outbreak which Dr Fauci suggested could happen.
    When did Fauci say that could happen? I heard fall somewhere and spring somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Hey! Here's an idea!?

Keep talking everything down, and hope the economy doesn't open back up for the 18 months many of you are now pushing for....

Guess what!? We will get on top of this, and we will start to move forward in a few months!

NO DOUBT we will need to move forward with caution! With extreme caution! BUT move forward we will.

Now, I know that scares some of you! You are terrified! Seemingly terrified over any rat of hope.

This is how off the rails you've gone.

NEWS FLASH.... We are not shutting this economy down for another 6, 12, or 18 months! It ain't happening!
    Everybody's "allergic to optimism" as I like to say. Hope for the future is what's getting me through this

When did Fauci say that could happen? I heard fall somewhere and spring somewhere else
    Fauci added, however, that if another outbreak were to occur, things “are going to be very, very different.”

"Our ability to go out and be able to test, identify, isolate, and contact trace, will be orders of magnitude better than what it was just a couple months ago,” Fauci said.

We'll see how it goes when the second outbreak occurs.

Meanwhile, we have definitely seemed to peak in CT, and NY is not far behind

Another 6.6 million people filed for unemployment last week, bringing the total up to almost 17 million.

That's 10% of us.
    That's one of the things that happens when you're required to social distance, no?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Everybody's "allergic to optimism" as I like to say. Hope for the future is what's getting me through this
    As a young person who knows what's going on, your viewpoint is a very valuable one, Thunder.

Deity
    I’m far from partisan, but only when it comes to Trump. But I really have not watched or read anything from CNN or MSNBC. I am getting my anger and frustration from Trump’s daily press conferences.

I’m definitely not far left or anti-Republican; I am steadfastly anti-Trump. I had every intention of supporting Weld when he announced his campaign, which lasted all of maybe 7 or 8 hours...

You betray your own right wing leanings when you constantly ignore someone who has more knowledge on the subject than you do.

This wasn’t taken seriously by virtually every politician. However, Trump is in charge so he gets the blame. That’s how it works.
    I didn't challenge his medical knowledge, not at all. I called out and exposed his political spin.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Which is why I'm so excited that NYers are now starting to come down to FL in droves.
    Suburban NYers are coming to Florida. The deaths are not in the suburbs.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

And yes, he is absolutely an idiot.

He is constantly telling us he knows more about Isis than generals, more about running a country than other Presidents, and surprising Dox goes at the CDC with his medical knowledge. (And to be fair, medically, he did discover windmill cancer.)

He doesn’t realize intelligence is not measured by how much you know; it’s achieved by realizing how much you don’t...
    A blowhard, yes. An idiot? If you think so, you are just burning with bias.

This is almost too much to believe.

Tom Vanden Brook, USA TODAY Published 6:45 p.m. ET April 8, 2020 | Updated 7:40 p.m. ET April 8, 2020

WASHINGTON – Acting Navy secretary Thomas Modly's trip last weekend to address sailors aboard the COVID-19-stricken USS Theodore Roosevelt cost taxpayers more than $243,000 for the 35-hour round trip on a Gulfstream 550, according to a Navy official.

Modly's profanity-laced speech to the sailors, during which he branded the fired captain of the ship as "naive" and "stupid" for seeking aid, prompted Modly to offer his resignation Tuesday.

Modly, who is in quarantine after visiting the Roosevelt, had his offer accepted by Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

Modly flew aboard the C-37B, a Gulfstream business jet modified for military use. The per-hour cost of flying it is $6,946.19 per hour, according to the Navy official who was not authorized to speak publicly. Flight time for the Guam trip was about 35 hours for a cost of $243,116.65.

Wednesday, the Navy reported 286 cases positive for COVID-19 aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, which remains docked in Guam. The Navy has tested 93% of the crew and moved 2,329 sailors to shore to isolate them. The rest of the 4,800-member crew is on board to run nuclear reactors, guard weapons and disinfect the ship.