Register now to remove this ad

Page 86 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2687

Thread: The COVID 19 (coronavirus) thread

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    NBC West Wing style politics.

I don’t believe that shit works. Treating government like a business hasn’t worked well in my lifetime.
    Yeh BUT...

Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe, Alli Janney, John Spencer, Bradley Whitford, Richard Schiff (the good Schiff ), Josh Malina, Jimmy Smits, Alan Alda, et al

were a KICK ASS cast, on one of the best series EVER!

p.s. guess who was a lead writer on that show???

Yeh! Aaron Sorkin was THE BIG BRAIN & talent behind the show, but .... 2 big politicos ??
    Last edited by Sox75; 03-26-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    Just crossed 80,000 cases with 1,036 deaths. We will go screaming past Italy and China for cases tomorrow putting us at the top of the charts for cases and catching up for deaths. Heck we might go screaming past Italy and China before the night is out.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Fun Kenny Rogers fact: how many people knew Kenny Rogers was ranked nationally as a doubles player by ATP?

Also, his sports legacy includes inspiring the name of the Houston USFL team (that rostered a U Miami QB named Jim Kelly)...
    And he was a decent left handed pitcher.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

If the MLB season gets cancelled, it's because we completely f'd this up.
    Speak for yourself. I haven't been within 6 feet of another person in 10 days and that was to pick up a Pizza. Before that I had no contact for 4 days. I am holding up my part. If everyone does the same, it shouldn't be a disaster. There are just too many stupid people with a mixed of stupid spiteful people who are deliberately coughing on people and produce and licking handrails on subways and store products.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Speak for yourself. I haven't been within 6 feet of another person in 10 days and that was to pick up a Pizza. Before that I had no contact for 4 days. I am holding up my part. If everyone does the same, it shouldn't be a disaster. There are just too many stupid people with a mixed of stupid spiteful people who are deliberately coughing on people and produce and licking handrails on subways and store products.
    I totally agree.

The more we all try now, the faster it will all be over with and/or the less severe it may be.
    Sox 4 Ever

Yeah, I just don't get that at all. I understand stupidity. I don't understand deliberately trying to infect other people.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I totally agree.

The more we all try now, the faster it will all be over with and/or the less severe it may be.
    Agree as well.

Yes, there are many stupid people, including the guy in the White House. He could end this in a month if he issued a nationwide shelter at home except for essential business order and closed the border to all except citizens and legal residents-and ordered it to be ENFORCED by police and national guard. We will have to give up some of our individual freedom in the process. Does anyone mind? Otherwise.....we are screwed.

“We” as in Americans, not those of us on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    “Now I’m not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I can’t circle because I don’t have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?”

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I totally agree.

The spiteful things that I am seeing reported including licking of products and coughing on people chips away at my faith in humanity.

“We” as in Americans, not those of us on here.
    That's right. LOL!! If more people stayed home on Sports Talk message boards, the virus wouldn't stand a chance.

The spiteful things that I am seeing reported including licking of products and coughing on people chips away at my faith in humanity.
    A good 5-10% of humanity is totally f***ed in the head. It's probably always been that way. That includes no one on TalkSox, of course.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Deity
    That's right. LOL!! If more people stayed home on Sports Talk message boards, the virus wouldn't stand a chance.
    True. I only come here because of my commitment to health and public safety...

100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    “Now I’m not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I can’t circle because I don’t have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?”

The DOJ & AG have said these people CAN & WILL be harged charged under the bio-terrorism statute.

I agree! They should be charged! Ignorance of the LAW should & IS NOT a defense!

Do they know who these people are?

I hope so! I hope they are charged!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.