Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Is it time to block the Yankees from getting Matz ?

Is it time to block the Yankees from getting Matz ?

I think we need to get this player not only to complete the Rotation but also to block the Yankees .Who do we have in the Farm or on the Big club that may interest The Mets who is Blocked ?

Blocking the Yanks is a beta move.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I've suggested several trade to Matz and D. Smith. I even suggested one where we take Familai's contract to lessen the return needed.

I'd give JBJ, Chavis and Houck for Matz, Smith & Marisnik.
    Sox 4 Ever

If the Yankees want Matz, they have the way better farm system. I’m not sure how we “block” the move unless we overpay, which isn’t smart with an already thin farm.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I've suggested several trade to Matz and D. Smith. I even suggested one where we take Familai's contract to lessen the return needed.

I'd give JBJ, Chavis and Houck for Matz, Smith & Marisnik.
    I think The Mets would rather help Boston then pump up the rival across town ! Our farm is not up to the Yanks farm sure but Matz May be a player we should be aggressive for ? I guess I’m of the opinion we Reload if we can .Getting Matz secures the Rotation .I always liked the kids talent and think Fenway and Boston are a great fit .Sale Matz Erod in a short series with Evo waiting in the wings seems like a gamble Bloom should make .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 03-02-2020 at 09:09 PM.

They are floating that the Yanks would move Andujar for Matz. That's just fucking stupid. No way I do that
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I think we need to get this player not only to complete the Rotation but also to block the Yankees .Who do we have in the Farm or on the Big club that may interest The Mets who is Blocked ?
    Why?

If the Yankees want to get a SP, you can't acquire them all.

Let them go get Matz and learn the hard way that when your problem is injuries in the rotation, Matz is more likely to be part of the problem than part of the solution...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They are floating that the Yanks would move Andujar for Matz. That's just fucking stupid. No way I do that
    Frazier for Matz?