Eovaldi
    Hart
    Weber
    Houk
    Velazquez

Houck?

That might be ambitious considering he’s not even on the 40 man roster

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We should look to trade all free-agents-to-be at the deadline: Workman, JBJ & Pillar.
    Stocking up on those PTBNL.

Workman probably has a little value though.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Houck?

That might be ambitious considering he’s not even on the 40 man roster
    Yet.

This was expected, but it also has to be the final signal of a rebuild. No point in rushing this. Assuming Sale needs TJS (he likely does) then you won't see Sale back til midseason 2021 and likely wont see him back to his location and power until September (18 months for most starters). So that kills 2020 and 2021. Sell off or shrewdly extend all parts that aren't here for 2022. ERod gets an extension offer. If he doesn't like it, you're dealt. JD, JBJ, Pillar, etc, gone. I see if I can pump and dump Eovaldi. Vazquez could be an intriguing talent on the move as he is 29 now and is a FA after 2022. Bloom is a value guy. He built the best farm in baseball AND a playoff team at the same time by throwing sentimentality out the window and getting more value than what he gave up. I am betting the 2022 team is going to look vastly different
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This was expected, but it also has to be the final signal of a rebuild. No point in rushing this. Assuming Sale needs TJS (he likely does) then you won't see Sale back til midseason 2021 and likely wont see him back to his location and power until September (18 months for most starters). So that kills 2020 and 2021. Sell off or shrewdly extend all parts that aren't here for 2022. ERod gets an extension offer. If he doesn't like it, you're dealt. JD, JBJ, Pillar, etc, gone. I see if I can pump and dump Eovaldi. Vazquez could be an intriguing talent on the move as he is 29 now and is a FA after 2022. Bloom is a value guy. He built the best farm in baseball AND a playoff team at the same time by throwing sentimentality out the window and getting more value than what he gave up. I am betting the 2022 team is going to look vastly different
    Inconceivable!

Eovaldi has tantalizing stuff and he has individual months where he’s unhittable. If he can stay healthy enough and has his average April and May but has one of his unhittable months in June, he could be dealt with no strings attached. Some contender would be willing to have him for free

If Sale does indeed have a serious injury, this is a much bigger detriment than trading Betts...
    Big. Time.

I am watching the Yankee feed on MLBTV -- no choice today. The announcers said that the MRI didn't look good to Red Sox doctors and that is why they are consulting Andrews.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Big. Time.
    Guys, I think we should all agree with a Yankee fan and trade off all our good players so the Red Sox fucking suck for years so New York has a better chance of finally getting back to the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Guys, I think we should all agree with a Yankee fan and trade off all our good players so the Red Sox fucking suck for years so New York has a better chance of finally getting back to the World Series.
    Sox aren't standing in the Yanks way this year.

If we go 12-7 or 15-4, it doesn’t really matter. Sox have to worry about the sox

Legend
    Reading guys like McAdam who is there, it doesn't sound good. I guess its speculation, but he doesn't sound too confident.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If we go 12-7 or 15-4, it doesn’t really matter. Sox have to worry about the sox
    If the Red Sox have 3 starters and either a combination of openers or rookies, they will crash and burn and have trouble beating the Orioles.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

If the Red Sox have 3 starters and either a combination of openers or rookies, they will crash and burn and have trouble beating the Orioles.
    ERod had a healthy 2020 but he’s got some injury issues. Perez and Eovaldi are made of glass. You’ll likely be down to 1 or 2 starters

So you're saying they are getting a good pick this year! Time to brush up on my MLB combine notes.