Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: How many games will the Sox win in 2020.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 93 or more

1 4.35%
  • 87 - 92

3 13.04%
  • 81 - 86

7 30.43%
  • 76 - 80

9 39.13%
  • 67 - 75

3 13.04%
  • 66 or less

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Red Sox Win Total

2020 Red Sox Win Total

How many games will the Sox win this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

76 with any luck.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I went with 76 - 80. So that's similar to 2015 Red Sox bad, but not as bad as 2014 when they only won 71 games.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I went with 76 - 80. So that's similar to 2015 Red Sox bad, but not as bad as 2014 when they only won 71 games.
    I voted 76-80, but I'm thinking more like 78-82. That wasn't a choice.
    Sox 4 Ever

Team won’t sniff 80 games without a healthy sale ...Time to pull the plug and make a few more trades now and at the break .I do think trading Mookie May be a positive thing moving on from here .The team signing of Sale is looking terrible.Benny Should be traded for young arms he’s a player who will bring back a nice return next would be Vaz he’s got real Value .Erod Xander Devers Downs Casas Need to be the future building Blocks Keep Erod unless some one blows us away .Looking at a top 10 pick also next year so maybe by 2023 we compete again ? I think the Orioles beat up this team a handful of times this year .Will Ownership stay the course and trust this new guy Bloom is another story .Without Sale this teams going to get destroyed Quickly and Often by June no one will watch the Dreck by July JDM will be begging to get traded
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 03-03-2020 at 03:18 PM.

It's going to be bad, and Boston guaranteed that when they gave up before the season even began by trading their best player in his prime...

... who I blame for all of this: if Mookie hadn't hit 3 HRs off Paxton before the trade deadline -- giving the Nation false hopes of contention -- we could've dealt him last summer for a better return. Imagine what LA would've given up for a year and a half of Betts?

I voted 76-80, but I'm thinking more like 78-82. That wasn't a choice.
    Sorry that I had to make you pick a side, fence sitter.

Deity

Maybe a little under....

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sorry that I had to make you pick a side, fence sitter.
    I'm not sure I've ever been called that before.
    Sox 4 Ever

I'd say somewhere around 87-88 wins. Even though they only had 84 last year with a more complete team, I think they underperformed quite a bit. Plus there's plenty of tanking teams in baseball that should boost everyone's records by a handful of games.

I picked 67. Expectations really haven't been this low this entire century. Even in last place years, no one expected the cellar.

Going into 2012, they had just missed the postseason, had a lot of talent returning and figured to be right back in the mix. In '14, they were coming off a title. Going into '15 was probably the lowest expectations up until now, but the Sox still had two borderline HOFers, and exciting, young talent that brought the promise of improvement.

All we have now is a new GM, who told us all: "We expect to be worse..."

i like to see who comes out of ST healthy before taking a shot but will go with 88.
    other names i have posted under: none

Before the news of Sale's injury, I would have selected 87-92.

I am now thinking just over the .500 mark. I chose 81-86.

Also, thanks to MVP for starting this thread, fully equipped with a poll. This is why you are the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I picked 67. Expectations really haven't been this low this entire century. Even in last place years, no one expected the cellar.

Going into 2012, they had just missed the postseason, had a lot of talent returning and figured to be right back in the mix. In '14, they were coming off a title. Going into '15 was probably the lowest expectations up until now, but the Sox still had two borderline HOFers, and exciting, young talent that brought the promise of improvement.

All we have now is a new GM, who told us all: "We expect to be worse..."
    This will be the first season in the John Henry era that I am entering the season feeling like we don't have a realistic shot at the playoffs. Even in the 3 years that we finished in last place, I thought the talent on the team was good enough for us to make the playoffs.

Things can still change, and I will remain hopeful, as always, but it's not looking good for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Before the news of Sale's injury, I would have selected 87-92.

I am now thinking just over the .500 mark. I chose 81-86.

Also, thanks to MVP for starting this thread, fully equipped with a poll. This is why you are the MVP.
    Welcome