Register now to remove this ad

Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2253

Thread: Will The MLB Suspend The 2020 season

@mlbtraderumors
    Cardinals Game Postponed Due To Additional Covid-19 Positives
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Zach Plesac was sent home by the Indians and will be quarantined for 72 hours going out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night.
    Plesac tossed six scoreless innings against the White Sox on Saturday afternoon and apparently wanted to celebrate the impressive outing, but he did so in violation of team rules and MLB's COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Plesac's actions have "upset teammates and club officials," per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, and it's unclear whether he'll be given the go-ahead to make his scheduled start next weekend in Detroit.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @mlbtraderumors
    Cardinals Game Postponed Due To Additional Covid-19 Positives
    Most of the teams in MLB had played 15-18 games. The Cardinals have played 5.

Even the Marlins have played 10 and the Phillies have played 9...

Maybe a few suspensions are in order for willingly violating protocols.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

@JonHeyman
    Hear Indians starter Mike Clevinger sat through a team meeting yesterday and defended Zach Plesac knowing he’d been out with Plesac, then flew back with the team. Now, the Indians discover Clevinger was out with Plesac and so they have appropriately quarantined Clevinger.

Carlos Carrasco was diagnosed with leukemia 14 months ago. Obviously, Clevinger knows that. He still got on the plane after violating COVID protocols. (Not to mention Tito's health concerns.)

MLB players are just so dumb.

The Indians announced today that right-handers Zach Plesac and Mike Clevinger have been placed on the restricted list. Both pitchers violated the league’s health and safety protocols over the weekend when they went out after Saturday night’s game. In a pair of corresponding moves, Cleveland reinstated outfielder Tyler Naquin from the injured list and recalled lefty Logan Allen from the team’s alternate training site.

@JonHeyman
    Hear Indians starter Mike Clevinger sat through a team meeting yesterday and defended Zach Plesac knowing he’d been out with Plesac, then flew back with the team. Now, the Indians discover Clevinger was out with Plesac and so they have appropriately quarantined Clevinger.

Carlos Carrasco was diagnosed with leukemia 14 months ago. Obviously, Clevinger knows that. He still got on the plane after violating COVID protocols. (Not to mention Tito's health concerns.)

MLB players are just so dumb.
    OMG. That might be the single most disturbing thing I've heard throughout the course of the pandemic
    I can't disagree with you

Today's game between the Cincinnati Reds and Pittsburgh Pirates has been postponed in the wake of the positive COVID-19 test on the Reds, a source familiar with the situation tells ESPN.

Joke season

Throughout MLB, pitchers are dropping like flies. More hitting the I.L. every day . Insufficient preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Throughout MLB, pitchers are dropping like flies. More hitting the I.L. every day . Insufficient preparation.
    100%

Being a SOX fan it would be a shame if this season was cancelled. SOX are just about ready to turn their season around.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Being a SOX fan it would be a shame if this season was cancelled. SOX are just about ready to turn their season around.
    17 days until the reset is valid. They cancel it September 2, I don't care.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Seriously, it appears that players can opt out anytime they want, so to end this embarrassment perhaps all the SOX players should just opt out.
    Most of the SOX players have already opted out, yet they're still playing.

You don’t want the Sox players opting out. You want them to perform, get dealt and allow for a real rebuild.

It’s like a house flip, except in reverse. The most fun part is the demo. But as a fan, the demo is the hardest. Selling off good parts, tearing off bad parts, and seeing how damaged your foundation is. You need a demo to rebuild. Sox need a demo

There's no game thread, so it's official, this forum has opted out.