Register now to remove this ad

Page 38 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The MLB Suspend The 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Robert Kraft came through!

I see that he got a planeload of masks to be delivered to Boston.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...n-wsj-reports/
    With the money he saved on Brady.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    With the money he saved on Brady.
    So.... mask shortage in Tampa?

@joonlee
    April 2: (1931) During an event some thought was a belated April Fools joke, 17-year-old Jackie Mitchell strikes out Babe Ruth Downwards arrow and Lou Gehrig back-to-back. A few days later, commissioner Kenesaw Mountain Landis voided her contract saying the sport was "too strenuous" for women
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@TheOnion
    Quarantined Umpire Cleans His Entire Home With Tiny Brush

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Robert Kraft came through!

I see that he got a planeload of masks to be delivered to Boston.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...n-wsj-reports/
    Hmm. I can no longer access the Globe unless I subscribe.

Good job Kraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Hmm. I can no longer access the Globe unless I subscribe.

Good job Kraft.
    That’s been for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    They need to cancel all sports this year period it’s stupid and trivial to care about sports at this time is shortsighted .Go be with your families learn to live without distraction this year. 2021 should be the goal anything sooner is irresponsible and I hope no one watches or goes to games .Send your money to people in need it maybe your neighbors

I guess I haven't access the Globe often enough to use up all of my 'free reads until just now.

I guess I haven't access the Globe often enough to use up all of my 'free reads until just now.
    And that reflects why they are in financial trouble. They are just not worth reading .. even for free.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    They need to cancel all sports this year period it’s stupid and trivial to care about sports at this time is shortsighted .Go be with your families learn to live without distraction this year. 2021 should be the goal anything sooner is irresponsible and I hope no one watches or goes to games .Send your money to people in need it maybe your neighbors
    I understand what you're saying about baseball being trivial in comparison to everything else going on right now. This is a great time to spend quality time with family members.

That said, sports can have a very positive and healing effect on people. Many, many people have said the 2013 Red Sox played a big part in helping them cope with and heal from the marathon bombings. Having sports to watch would provide a lot of people with a much needed psychological boost.

Now, I'm not proposing that any sports resume until it can be done very safely for all involved. But I also don't think it's stupid to hope for sports to return sooner rather than later.

And that reflects why they are in financial trouble. They are just not worth reading .. even for free.
    I'm guessing that's the case with most of the traditional newspapers, no? Not the not worth reading part, but the financial trouble part.

I'm guessing that's the case with most of the traditional newspapers, no? Not the not worth reading part, but the financial trouble part.
    Even the not worth reading part applies to most of them, at least for someone my age
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    I understand what you're saying about baseball being trivial in comparison to everything else going on right now. This is a great time to spend quality time with family members.

That said, sports can have a very positive and healing effect on people. Many, many people have said the 2013 Red Sox played a big part in helping them cope with and heal from the marathon bombings. Having sports to watch would provide a lot of people with a much needed psychological boost.

Now, I'm not proposing that any sports resume until it can be done very safely for all involved. But I also don't think it's stupid to hope for sports to return sooner rather than later.
    We have had a family member in intensive care for 12 days now and he is not responding to the specialty drugs. A young man with 2 children. There is still hope but it has been a protracted fight. I still think sports keep us occupied but this pandemic is certainly front and center in our lives. Anyone with a large family has a moderate probabily of the same experience, just based on the number of infections.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    We have had a family member in intensive care for 12 days now and he is not responding to the specialty drugs. A young man with 2 children. There is still hope but it has been a protracted fight. I still think sports keep us occupied but this pandemic is certainly front and center in our lives. Anyone with a large family has a moderate probabily of the same experience, just based on the number of infections.
    I'm definitely pulling for him to recover. I hope he starts to recover soon.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Damn, this is horrible to hear. So sorry.