Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The MLB Suspend The 2020 season

Triple A
    The NHL just suspended the remainder of their season to early to predict anything on the playoffs

Fellow posters: I am not a doctor nor a scientist, just a lowly educator. But if I can give any advice, it would be to prepare to stay home -- not just for two weeks, like some "authorities" warned earlier this week, but for two months. I tutor several students online in China, where they have been basically under house arrest for eight weeks already. Their public schools have gone entirely online, with some kids taking courses on devices from 8 am to 5 pm (10 min breaks, plus lunch). Most of them live in high rise apartments -- 28th floor, 34th floor, etc. -- where the only time they've been outside in months is to get some fresh air on a small balcony. This is not media hype or fake news, but reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Fellow posters: I am not a doctor nor a scientist, just a lowly educator. But if I can give any advice, it would be to prepare to stay home -- not just for two weeks, like some "authorities" warned earlier this week, but for two months. I tutor several students online in China, where they have been basically under house arrest for eight weeks already. Their public schools have gone entirely online, with some kids taking courses on devices from 8 am to 5 pm (10 min breaks, plus lunch). Most of them live in high rise apartments -- 28th floor, 34th floor, etc. -- where the only time they've been outside in months is to get some fresh air on a small balcony. This is not media hype or fake news, but reality.
    Thank goodness you lowly educators who are not scientists have found something else to preach about besides Climate Change. Just messing with you. I am bored out of my fucking mind. My wife has established a no-go perimeter around her and our upcoming trip is likely to be cancelled against my wishes and without a refund.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Thank goodness you lowly educators who are not scientists have found something else to preach about besides Climate Change. Just messing with you. I am bored out of my fucking mind. My wife has established a no-go perimeter around her and our upcoming trip is likely to be cancelled against my wishes and without a refund.
    Mar 2020, a700 becomes a gamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I don't expect the MLB to open until at least June. That brings up a lot of questions, like how long will it take pitchers to get ready again, and then how do owners make up all that lost revenue? I'm thinking something radical, like a half-season regular sked for seeding of a round-robin tourney where everyone competes for the ring. That's if there are enough teams healthy enough to play.

If there is a season, at least this format guarantees the Sox get back to the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Mar 2020, a700 becomes a gamer.
    Any recommendations?

Every business is issuing a release so we will know that they care. Why would I care about measures being taken by my electric utility. Just keep the lights on, please!

The United States not any country would survive if everybody just stayed home for two months. Police fire medical personnel farmers grocers utility workers truck drivers sanitation workers etc. All need to do their jobs regardless of the risk.

Chris Sale will be ready for opening day, August 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Chris Sale will be ready for opening day, August 1st.
    Verdugo has a shot now too.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Verdugo has a shot now too.
    Bloom instantly looks better today -- imagine if he decided to keep Mookie for one last season that wasn't? And I admit I was one fan who preferred one more year of Mookie... Now, instead of negative-1, we get plus-15 of Wong and Co.

Legend
    Bloom instantly looks better today -- imagine if he decided to keep Mookie for one last season that wasn't? And I admit I was one fan who preferred one more year of Mookie... Now, instead of negative-1, we get plus-15 of Wong and Co.
    How will the season suspension impact the calculation of MLB service time?

IL Gov just said no sports until May.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    How will the season suspension impact the calculation of MLB service time?
    More interesting is how will the abbreviated season impact calculation of the competitve tax threshold. Will teams be expected to pay full salaries if the revenues are significantly reduced? In the period of revenue sharing is there risk sharing as well with the owners and players?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    IL Gov just said no sports until May.
    This is getting worse and worse.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Given what might happen to the airlines, you Florida folks--how are you planning on getting to NEngland (if you're headed that way)? Anyone out there who wants to take a road trip from CA to Maine in the next month or so?