Register now to remove this ad

Page 130 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2253

Thread: Will The MLB Suspend The 2020 season

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    There is growing skepticism that the season will even get under way, as more players opt out and express concern over the coronavirus.

Supposedly, an MLB player held a birthday bash not too long ago, which resulted in several coronavirus infections. One of the beat writers said that clubhouses are like frat houses. He doesn't see all the players being able to follow the guidelines, and it only takes 1 or 2 behaving recklessly to infect many.
    I have been a fan for a very long while but the events of this year have left me in a frame of mind where MLB is no longer of much interest. Whether the shortened season is played or not is of little consequence to me. Perhaps I will think this way permanently and will just not maintain any interest. How many fans have been impacted by the player/owner disputes, the corona virus, the so called woke generation expressed values? I don't know, but I bet I'm not alone.

I'm sure you've all seen the clip of Tanaka getting drilled by Stanton. It doesn't look to me like the players standing around are really interested in 'social distancing'. I'd love to have a season (particularly for the voice of Joe Castiglione droning in the background in early evening). But I'm still holding to my bet of 0 complete games played this season.

A few more positive tests , a few more opt outs and they may very well just call the whole thing off . This is like watching a rain delay . The rain lets up a bit and you think they are going to resume play ; then another downpour hits .

I bet they are still going to try, but will quit a few weeks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I bet they are still going to try, but will quit a few weeks in.
    It's going to take more than just a few sporadic positive tests to stop it. You can't go into this season thinking that there won't be any positive tests. The MLB has planned for positive tests.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I have been a fan for a very long while but the events of this year have left me in a frame of mind where MLB is no longer of much interest. Whether the shortened season is played or not is of little consequence to me. Perhaps I will think this way permanently and will just not maintain any interest. How many fans have been impacted by the player/owner disputes, the corona virus, the so called woke generation expressed values? I don't know, but I bet I'm not alone.
    I am sure you are not alone in the way you feel. There are a lot of people who really don't care whether baseball is played this year or not. I can 100% understand where you're coming from.

I am sure you are not alone in the way you feel. There are a lot of people who really don't care whether baseball is played this year or not. I can 100% understand where you're coming from.
    I think having a season will save them for the near future, but I don't see the MLB being around 20-30 years from now. Maybe sooner

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    A few more positive tests , a few more opt outs and they may very well just call the whole thing off . This is like watching a rain delay . The rain lets up a bit and you think they are going to resume play ; then another downpour hits .
    I am still hopeful that we will see some baseball. They do have to find a way to get test results back quicker though. I'm not even sure if that's possible. Right now it's about a 2-3 day turnaround for MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I think having a season will save them for the near future, but I don't see the MLB being around 20-30 years from now. Maybe sooner
    You are not alone in that opinion. I don't think the situation with MLB is that dire, but who knows?

I am still hopeful that we will see some baseball. They do have to find a way to get test results back quicker though. I'm not even sure if that's possible. Right now it's about a 2-3 day turnaround for MLB.
    I took a saliva test and got my results back within 24 hours. I wonder how widely available those test kits are

I took a saliva test and got my results back within 24 hours. I wonder how widely available those test kits are
    I don't know. And did we ever decide how accurate the saliva test is?

I don't know. And did we ever decide how accurate the saliva test is?
    Well I tested negative and I actually was negative, so in my experience it has 100% accuracy

David Price finally saves the Sox money!

LOL :0

By not playing. Who didn't see this coming.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

You are not alone in that opinion. I don't think the situation with MLB is that dire, but who knows?
    Baseball isn't going to die that soon. There'd have to be a complete economic catastrophe the likes of which modern man hasn't seen for baseball to vanish that quick. It may contract, but it's not going to just disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Well I tested negative and I actually was negative, so in my experience it has 100% accuracy
    LOL But do you really know you were negative? Maybe you were positive and asymptomatic.

Glad your test came back negative.