Register now to remove this ad

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Will The MLB Suspend The 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It does make the trade look better. In fairness to those who hated the trade though, we can't really give Bloom any more credit for it.
    Well we needed it to get under the luxury tax threshold. This entire time, I'm convinced that we're going to go after him next offseason, a la Chapman with the Yankees a few years ago
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Well we needed it to get under the luxury tax threshold. This entire time, I'm convinced that we're going to go after him next offseason, a la Chapman with the Yankees a few years ago
    I am not convinced that we are going to go after him, and I really hope that we don't. Unless we can get him for about half of what he is asking for in both $ and years.

I am not convinced that we are going to go after him, and I really hope that we don't. Unless we can get him for about half of what he is asking for in both $ and years.
    I'm not convinced either. I don't think Henry hired Bloom to act like Dombrowski.

And the news on Sale can't be doing much for Henry's opinion of big contracts.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

I Betts only gets 6/90, the economy has completely collapsed or Mookie has a serious health concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Remy View Post
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I Betts only gets 6/90, the economy has completely collapsed or Mookie has a serious health concern.
    But if the economy has collapsed and Mookie signs here for 6/90 then ticket prices will go down..... won't they?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    But if the economy has collapsed and Mookie signs here for 6/90 then ticket prices will go down..... won't they?
    Knowing Henry? Maybe.
    Now Im not sure why it was necessary, but watch ... I cant circle because I dont have my telestrator but HERE COMES THE PIZZA, see?

@baseball_ref
    Hi everyone! With baseball on hiatus, we are going to use @ootpbaseball to run a simulation of the 2020 season and post the stats on a special section of our site so you can follow along! However, there are a couple logistical Qs about trades & FAs that we need YOUR HELP deciding

Anyone else ever use Out of the Park Baseball?

Red Sox Home Opener memory:

Mo Vaughn hits walk of grand slam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD5ZY5G8KLM

Dwight Evans hits first pitch of the season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-2QNQdP9tA

If you feel sad, just google David Ortiz 2013 Postseason.

The team's Instagram page shared a nice video that I put on my story, and the MLB sent out two very well put together videos
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm not convinced either. I don't think Henry hired Bloom to act like Dombrowski.

And the news on Sale can't be doing much for Henry's opinion of big contracts.
    Agreed. I don't think Henry is looking to hand out any more large contracts.

I'll go with choice A.

If you feel sad, just google David Ortiz 2013 Postseason.
    MLB.TV has opened up its archive of games from 2018 and 2019, including all postseason games.

For anyone really jonesing for baseball, you can watch any of those games for free.