Register now to remove this ad

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Working Remotely

Thunder,

I wrote something heartfelt last night, and all you wanted to do was take a cheap shot & lecture from on high.

I explained, as you know, that "kid" was a simple term of endearment.

You come back and want to lecture more.

There is something bothering you.

I tried to explain my position on language nicely, but you don't want to listen, you just want to lecture some more.

I'm sorry Thinder, but you have come to take yourself a bit too seriously around here.

No worries, as I'm out. I hope things work out for you Thunder, as all & all you are a decent person.
    Unless you are working your fan base, don't bother responding. If you think lecturing people works, with a clear air of superiority, keep on keeping on.

Obviously questioning you, and adding context doesn't matter. I was clearly kidding wink wink with the last "kid," but you've got a bug up your ass, and yours has become the word of God.

Do yourself a favor, and get out of the house.

Take care.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Wow, no wonder why Moon gives him the silent treatment. I totally get it now. He has 0% respect for the wishes of other people. I literally asked him nicely not to refer to me as "kid" and he does just that. Bye-bye
    He calls you out for "lecturing" and having an "air of superiority." Too funny.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He calls you out for "lecturing" and having an "air of superiority." Too funny.
    I unlocked the key to happiness in life when I stopped being afraid of kicking negative or toxic people out of my life

Again, you responded to not one thing I said last night. I said nothing controversial last night, & it was heart felt.
    Rather than respond to my point about distance teaching, you went straight for the personal slam and lecture.

I tried to nicely explain why I do use salty language, but you wanted to lecture again, and pretend to ask me why I do it. I explained why. I apologized for calling you kid. It was very conciliatory, but I did call out your now long running tendency to lecture, and play moral arbiter on here.

Whatever floats your boat, but there was no reason to keep coming at me. You just want to lecture & take shots, that's on you.

Again, you've been reading too many of your own press clippings, and its going to your head.

I tried 3 times to say it nicely, without attacking you You want to fight, & make a show of it? That's up to you.

I'm definitely out, as this place is too full of this shit. You're basically a nice guy, but this shit is going to your head. No reason a young person your age should be wasting this kind of time here.

Good luck to you. I know you only want to lecture me on my shit, but you might want to think about your own.

Honestly... Good luck to you. All the best, & take care.
    Last edited by Sox75; 11-11-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

I unlocked the key to happiness in life when I stopped being afraid of kicking negative or toxic people out of my life
    It's not easy to do. Seems like you figured it out a lot earlier than I did.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

First day of the last semester of college. Let's do it.

First day of the last semester of college. Let's do it.
    Congrats Thunder. It will be over before you know it.

I forgot how awful working from home was. Thanks kids!
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I forgot how awful working from home was. Thanks kids!
    My kiddo is in daycare but we have a small 600 square foot house and when my wife is on conf calls it’s so brutal trying to focus..... I do finance for clerks office in City Hall, and it’s so hard to focus on that especially adding up the quantities and applying all the taxes. I love spending time with my spouse, but working at home can be brutal at times.

Back to the office all days for me, kids pulled from school again so the co workers are at home. Lucky for me my kid is in daycare. I don’t mind being at the office. Working at home on a little laptop gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Back to the office all days for me, kids pulled from school again so the co workers are at home. Lucky for me my kid is in daycare. I don’t mind being at the office. Working at home on a little laptop gets annoying.
    On one hand, being at home is convenient. On the other hand, I get much more work done when I'm physically at work. However, I'm more likely to have a "shitty day" if I'm in the office than if I'm at home.

I'm hoping I can start my career in public accounting in the office this June, but we shall see. No word yet. I credit the hybrid structure of part-remote, part-physical as the key to my internship success last year. Maybe doing that again will be good for me...
    I can't disagree with you

I couldn't imagine starting off in public accounting, but being remote. The comradery and on site training is huge for staff accountants IMO.

I couldn't imagine starting off in public accounting, but being remote. The comradery and on site training is huge for staff accountants IMO.
    In that regard, I actually benefitted from being online. All of our orientations and trainings were held over Teams, and we worked in small groups with some of the other interns for the first few weeks. I was the only tax intern in my office, so if I had been fully in the office in non-COVID times, I definitely would not have gotten to know them as well. Now, since I am transferring locations and working full-time in a different city, I already know a couple of people I am going to be working with, which really helps me psychologically. The fact of moving to the Boston Metropolitan area and not knowing a single soul is very intimidating. At least I know 3 people before my first day of work.
    I can't disagree with you

In that regard, I actually benefitted from being online. All of our orientations and trainings were held over Teams, and we worked in small groups with some of the other interns for the first few weeks. I was the only tax intern in my office, so if I had been fully in the office in non-COVID times, I definitely would not have gotten to know them as well. Now, since I am transferring locations and working full-time in a different city, I already know a couple of people I am going to be working with, which really helps me psychologically. The fact of moving to the Boston Metropolitan area and not knowing a single soul is very intimidating. At least I know 3 people before my first day of work.
    You end up finding a place? You get a roommate?

It's a little daunting, but you'll be fine.