Register now to remove this ad

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Working Remotely

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    We always get off for Veteran's Day.

This year we are off on Election Day also.
    Our district took away all the loose holidays when they started the kids 7 days later than scheduled. We have no single days off, except MLK day.
    Sox 4 Ever

I'm excited about getting my first Patriot's Day off from work, but it won't be until 2022

That's what we get in my neck of the woods in Virginia. And sometimes we get the 'threat of snow' day off. LOL

On the rare occasion that it does actually snow 2-3 inches, we are sometimes out 3-4 days.
    When I lived in Richmond, we got 5”s of snow and they called it a blizzard. Entire city was basically shut down until it melted almost a week later. The main road was plowed one lane in one direction and that was it.
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    When I lived in Richmond, we got 5”s of snow and they called it a blizzard. Entire city was basically shut down until it melted almost a week later. The main road was plowed one lane in one direction and that was it.
    My dad grew up in Virginia (closer to DC), and he tells a similar story each time we get a blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Our district took away all the loose holidays when they started the kids 7 days later than scheduled. We have no single days off, except MLK day.
    That makes sense. I had forgotten that you guys started later than you usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm excited about getting my first Patriot's Day off from work, but it won't be until 2022
    Good deal. It's funny that you're thinking about it already. LOL

They will plow the main roads here, and those usually end up in pretty good shape. The problem comes from all of the smaller roads, and in particular, the residential roads. Those don't get plowed, and the buses can't get into the neighborhoods to pick up the kids.

I just think it's funny that some places will shut down for a week over a couple of inches of snow.

About 3 inches of snow here today, give or take. Nobody shut anything down. We're New England tough. We just fight through. I strapped on my boots, wiped off my car, and went to the gym.

Weird factoid: With today's storm, and the fluke storm we had in May, we have gotten about as much snow in May and October than in the rest of 2020 combined (so far). Very mild winter last year. Hopefully that's not the case this year

About 3 inches of snow here today, give or take. Nobody shut anything down. We're New England tough. We just fight through. I strapped on my boots, wiped off my car, and went to the gym.

Weird factoid: With today's storm, and the fluke storm we had in May, we have gotten about as much snow in May and October than in the rest of 2020 combined (so far). Very mild winter last year. Hopefully that's not the case this year
    In VA, they don't have all weather tires. Students don't learn how to drive in the snow. The roads aren't really sanded or salted. They don't have enough plows. It has nothing to do with being tough.

In VA, they don't have all weather tires. Students don't learn how to drive in the snow. The roads aren't really sanded or salted. They don't have enough plows. It has nothing to do with being tough.
    Well, it snowed so early up here I hadn't gotten my snow tires put on yet.

But I was also not really being serious. At the end of the day, it's just a product of being used to it. I've lived here my whole life. I've seen storms that dropped 30 inches of snow, and I've had to drive to school in all different kinds of weather. Nobody's necessarily tougher than the other. I'm sure coastal VA thinks a hurricane is golfing weather, when up here we would shut down and run to the hills

Well, it snowed so early up here I hadn't gotten my snow tires put on yet.

But I was also not really being serious. At the end of the day, it's just a product of being used to it. I've lived here my whole life. I've seen storms that dropped 30 inches of snow, and I've had to drive to school in all different kinds of weather. Nobody's necessarily tougher than the other. I'm sure coastal VA thinks a hurricane is golfing weather, when up here we would shut down and run to the hills
    In SoFL, it depends on the category of hurricane. 1-2: clean up yard so that debris doesn't fly around, but enjoy a day off of work and get drunk. 3-4: completely shutter house and move cars in a garage or next to a garage, but enjoy a few days off of work and get drunk in the dark. 5: bend over and pucker up.

Just as an FYI, my coworker just left a voicemail to a guy down here saying "hope you are staying warm." It's 75 degrees.

Just as an FYI, my coworker just left a voicemail to a guy down here saying "hope you are staying warm." It's 75 degrees.
    Wind chill here was in the low 20s yesterday SMH

Is auditing as boring in real life as it is in this class?

Is auditing as boring in real life as it is in this class?
    I guarantee it's worse.

Unless you discover fraud or truly horrific errors, maybe.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"