Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Sale needs Tommy John Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Guys, I hate to say I told you so, but the story never made sense.

PRP for inflammation? Didn’t improve with many months of rest? Suggestion of TJS but no evidence the ligament is torn? Guys, I saw through it from the start
    Don't get hurt slapping yourself on the back Genius! You and 20 other guys on this board said the same thing.

Legend
    I wish Chris Sale a full recovery but upon his anticipated return the lefthander will be a 32-year-old coming off Tommy John surgery.

Fellow lefthander Tommy John, who underwent the surgery in 1974 when he was four months older than Sale's current age, won 124 games before the surgery and 164 games after.

When can a prominent baseball pitcher schedule an elective surgery?
    Last edited by harmony; 03-19-2020 at 08:05 PM.

This is a tough year all around for many .Bless. Chris Sale and everyone here on recovery .Chris ,Boston ,America ,The world will be back stronger than ever before .Goodbye for now

Thanks again DD. Great move by giving away a 125 Mil contract to guy with arm problems

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Thanks again DD. Great move by giving away a 125 Mil contract to guy with arm problems
    Well at least we have Pérez now...........

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Well at least we have Pérez now...........
    McHugh will be ready for Opening Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

A video to introduce you to "The Sox medical team"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zzdroAyeI
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    I wish Chris Sale a full recovery but upon his anticipated return the lefthander will be a 32-year-old coming off Tommy John surgery.

Fellow lefthander Tommy John, who underwent the surgery in 1974 when he was four months older than Sale's current age, won 124 games before the surgery and 164 games after.

When can a prominent baseball pitcher schedule an elective surgery?
    Just another case of the Sox providing a long term contract that hasn't turned out good for the team. Kimmi often cautions against it and she is correct, especially with pitchers and even more so ones who have accumulated a lot of innings, however successful. Lets hope that Bloom doesn't fall into that trap. We are paying the Price for those moves and now we are in a fire Sale situation.

It stinks that he has to have the surgery.* I know many people feel that he should have had it at the end of last season, but avoiding surgery if possible is still the best course of action to take initially.* Surgery should be one of the last resorts.

It will be interesting to see when he gets the surgery scheduled.* As much as I'd like for him to have it done immediately so that he can start the road to recovery, this really isn't a priority type surgery.* He might have to wait until the coronavirus pandemic is under control, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Just another case of the Sox providing a long term contract that hasn't turned out good for the team. Kimmi often cautions against it and she is correct, especially with pitchers and even more so ones who have accumulated a lot of innings, however successful. Lets hope that Bloom doesn't fall into that trap. We are paying the Price for those moves and now we are in a fire Sale situation.
    Nice play on the names there Oldtimer.

The funny thing is, I really wasn't opposed to Sale's extension. I would have liked it to be a year shorter, but I actually didn't think it was a bad contract for a pitcher of Sale's caliber. But here is even more proof that long term contracts are usually not a good idea.

Bloom does not seem like the type to go that route, but who knows what he will do now that he has the payroll to do so. I still don't think he'll be much for signing guys to those mega contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Nice play on the names there Oldtimer.

The funny thing is, I really wasn't opposed to Sale's extension. I would have liked it to be a year shorter, but I actually didn't think it was a bad contract for a pitcher of Sale's caliber. But here is even more proof that long term contracts are usually not a good idea.

Bloom does not seem like the type to go that route, but who knows what he will do now that he has the payroll to do so. I still don't think he'll be much for signing guys to those mega contracts.
    It was a pretty good contract if he was healthy, but I was doubtful about his health when he signed.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Dear motard,

I think you owe an apology to everyone that tried to explain this eventual outcome to you over the past 6 months, but you were too mentally challenged to comprehend!
    No apologies for trying to be optimistic. But kudos to you for getting something right for a change!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    McHugh will be ready for Opening Day.
    The way this thing is going, Sale might be ready for opening day
    Hal sucks

@jay_jaffe
    Considering that industry insiders and armchair pitching coaches alike have been predicting a major arm injury for Chris Sale for most if not all of the past decade, you get exactly zero points for saying "I told you so" now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It was a pretty good contract if he was healthy, but I was doubtful about his health when he signed.
    It will forever be a mystery how the docs could fully clear him for that contract, without even any 'medical language' such as we have seen in contracts with Drew, Lackey etc.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.