Register now to remove this ad

Page 27 of 310 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Non Political Thread

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I heard Afrin addictive. Is it true?
    Not addictive....but if you use if for more than three days you risk getting a rebound effect.
    It does work great though....if you are a diver and get a stuffy nose its the only thing that will allow you back in the water.

Legend
    Does it come with a nasal applicator?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    On a brighter note, Wuhan has lifted its lockdown and NY seems to have reached its peak.
    I sincerely hope they are doing the right thing....there is still a lot of virus out there.

Deity
    I was talking about Afrin, which I guess could be the tastiest medicine out there.

To be honest, I don't know Chinese mustard is, and I ate Chinese food regularly before the lockdown.
    I assumed you were talking about Chinese mustard, and, frankly, that you were my soulmate. But now I learn you were only after over the counter decongestants, just like all the others.

<sigh>...

This conjures up a mental image of Kimmi driving around frantically wearing sunglasses and a mask looking to score some nasal spray. It gave me a chuckle.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    This conjures up a mental image of Kimmi driving around frantically wearing sunglasses and a mask looking to score some nasal spray. It gave me a chuckle.
    Afrin - street name “Sniff”

I can only give my experience, and the answer is Yes. (One of my favorite self-revelatory moments was when someone suggested I was addicted to it after I'd been using it for weeks, and by then had gotten so I couldn't clear my sinuses without it; I answered with indignation: "No I'm not. I'm addicted to the EFFECTS, not to the drug." .... [I went cold turkey the next day]).

Now I follow the recommendation--don't take longer than three days. (You may be a different personality type--but there's a reason I don't allow myself to 'try out' various addictive drugs and chemicals.)

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I sincerely hope they are doing the right thing....there is still a lot of virus out there.
    I guess we'll see.

Perhaps that will give us some guidance on how to proceed here.

I assumed you were talking about Chinese mustard, and, frankly, that you were my soulmate. But now I learn you were only after over the counter decongestants, just like all the others.

<sigh>...
    Okay, I had to Google Chinese mustard because my curiosity got the best of me. I see those little packets all the time in Chinese restaurants so now at least I know what you're talking about. But still, no.

LOL

As I said, I stocked up on Afrin before the lock downs started.

That said, you can replace nasal spray with eggs and there might be a little truth to your mental image, though eggs are not quite as funny as nasal spray. I have searched far and wide for eggs online this morning and have come up empty. I thought I found some at Walmart, but when I hit "Check Out" I got the message that the item was no longer available.

On a related note, I have decided that I will no longer be shopping in store, but rather on line. I have to wait 3-4 days to pick up my order, but there is nothing that I need immediately.

Afrin - street name “Sniff”
    Nice.

LOL

As I said, I stocked up on Afrin before the lock downs started.

That said, you can replace nasal spray with eggs and there might be a little truth to your mental image, though eggs are not quite as funny as nasal spray. I have searched far and wide for eggs online this morning and have come up empty. I thought I found some at Walmart, but when I hit "Check Out" I got the message that the item was no longer available.

On a related note, I have decided that I will no longer be shopping in store, but rather on line. I have to wait 3-4 days to pick up my order, but there is nothing that I need immediately.
    Our deadline for amending our PeaPod by Shoprite order passed this morning and we spent an hour replacing out of stock items before the deadline. That doesn't guarantee that more items will not go out of stock by the time of the delivery tomorrow morning. So far, the eggs seem to be in good supply. We are still having trouble with paper goods like toilet paper and paper towels. Doing without eggs would be very difficult for us.

We have a neighborhood message board where people have been sharing information about availability of food items and supplies. It has been very helpful.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What "essential employees" in your area should be staying at home rather than going to work?

I'd say my neighbor who is in yacht sales probably shouldn't be considered essential. The guys working on replacing my other neighbor's windows should be at home too.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

What "essential employees" in your area should be staying at home rather than going to work?

I'd say my neighbor who is in yacht sales probably shouldn't be considered essential. The guys working on replacing my other neighbor's windows should be at home too.
    Are there big crowds in a Yacht showroom?

Are there big crowds in a Yacht showroom?
    No idea. However, the idea that that particular job is essential is laughable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")