Register now to remove this ad

Page 275 of 310 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4638

Thread: COVID-19 Non Political Thread

Deity
    [QUOTE=a700hitter;1338958]I have addressed the deaths in other posts. What are the statistics on children spreading it?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @NYPost_Brazille
    Another domino is set to fall. Patriot League will be shortly announcing fall sports are cancelled, per sources. It will try to play football in the spring.
    Keep 'em coming! Conference play only my ass
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    [QUOTE=jung;1338976]
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I have addressed the deaths in other posts. What are the statistics on children spreading it?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows!
    True dat. Its all conjecture. There are ongoing studies to learn more about transmission from kids to adults etc but right now, despite absurd guesses by some here, its simply not known.

Deity
    [QUOTE=FredLynn;1338986]
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post

True dat. Its all conjecture. There are ongoing studies to learn more about transmission from kids to adults etc but right now, despite absurd guesses by some here, its simply not known.
    Humm....so if you cannot see past what is clearly a cliff edge into the abyss should you throw yourself into the abyss in order to determine its depth? Just askin'

Legend
    To those who do not think that a total shutdown would work, there is this from Anthony Fauci:

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said the United States didn’t shut down entirely, and now we are seeing surges in cases in several states across the nation.

“It is very clear – and we know this from countries throughout the world – that if you physically separate people, to the point of not allowing the virus to transmit … We know that we can do that if we shut down, " Fauci said while speaking during a webinar with the Stanford School of Medicine on Monday."

Legend
    [QUOTE=jung;1339003]
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post

Humm....so if you cannot see past what is clearly a cliff edge into the abyss should you throw yourself into the abyss in order to determine its depth? Just askin'
    I think you do not jump off the cliff, you start repelling down the hillside with the intent of climbing back up if its not working out. Kids needs school. In areas where viral activity is low if there is a good local plan to make that happen, with the consent of those involved, you do it. In places where viral activity is high, it would be stupid.

Deity
    [QUOTE=FredLynn;1339007]
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post

I think you do not jump off the cliff, you start repelling down the hillside with the intent of climbing back up if its not working out. Kids needs school. In areas where viral activity is low if there is a good local plan to make that happen, with the consent of those involved, you do it. In places where viral activity is high, it would be stupid.
    Exactly right, though in my case, I would drop a rope ladder over the edge and slowly climb down.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I understand that, but we should be testing those without symptoms, too, so we can know the full extent of this disease.

We don't need cushy numbers by manipulating the testing or being forced to only test those sick due to lack or tests or testing facilities. We need the truth.
    I know that we should be testing as many people as possible. I'm not saying that we shouldn't.

I think he has felt he could do more good not quitting, but he has been so marginalized for so long, that he could probably do more by being able to speak freely about what's really going on.

I'm sure T Rump will try to instill some sort of gag order on him, too- just like all the others who have left his administration and tried to tell the truth.
    Several of your posts have been really borderline in the wrong thread. This one is definitely over the political line.

I have addressed the deaths in other posts. What are the statistics on children spreading it?
    I don't have any statistics, but more and more research suggests that elementary school aged children are very unlikely to transmit the virus to others, though it does happen. High school aged children are more likely to spread the virus.

Perhaps there could be a plan to allow elementary schools to reopen almost fully while middle and high schools open on an alternating schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't have any statistics, but more and more research suggests that elementary school aged children are very unlikely to transmit the virus to others, though it does happen. High school aged children are more likely to spread the virus.

Perhaps there could be a plan to allow elementary schools to reopen almost fully while middle and high schools open on an alternating schedule.
    I think we can also look at the experience of School reopenings in Europe that occur ahead of the US to see their experience. Denmark reopened its schools in May. We need to look at their experience and data.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

5,500 die from going to school or school related incidents?

(I'm not doubting your numbers, just curious.)
    I believe that stat is school aged children from age 5-14 from all causes and not limited to conditions or diseases caught in school.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It's nard to find evidence of who spread it, and I'm not sure any studies have been completed on this specific subject, but do you think a child who has Covid cannot spread it to other children or adults?

If yes, what makes you think that?

I know Ted thinks no child has ever died from Covid. I'm sure you don't believe that, but I don't remember what you posted about child deaths other than it is extremely rare- which is true.
    You are putting words in my mouth. I said that school age deaths with a connection to COVID are a statistical anomaly and we don't know if any or all had co-morbidities or other complications. There will definitely be damage done to millions of children's psychological and physical development if school stays shut. That damage is a certainty, and I don't think the harm that might be prevented would outweigh the harm caused by keeping the schools closed. We need to be certain that the harm that "will" be prevented will far outweigh the harm of closing the schools.

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I am trying to have a civil discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Your posts #4101 and #4107 are certainly political. What is the problem? It seems like such a simple thing.
    Yes, I'm sorry. I thought I was on the other thread with those two posts. I will remove both.

I don't think this one is. Critical, yes. Political, no.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I think we can also look at the experience of School reopenings in Europe that occur ahead of the US to see their experience. Denmark reopened its schools in May. We need to look at their experience and data.
    I thought comparing us to Europe was "apples and oranges."

I agree with you on this and several other issues I feel we can and could have learned from them.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?