Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Total baloney thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I am sick and tired of hearing baseball teams ( and just about everything else ) being described as " resilient ".
    Arash Madani
    @arashmadani
    ·
    4h
    Dave Roberts asked how this doesn't carry over: "We're very resilient. We're playing good baseball. We got beat, but we'll be ready to go.

Dave Roberts says Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Resilient is a very good word. It got used a whole lot more after last night's game LOL

I think the problem is that people, and especially the sports media, tend to fall in love with certain words and expressions and use them to death.
    Yes, that is true.

One that I'm hearing a lot recently that I don't particularly care for is "I was today years old when I learned this."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Arash Madani
    @arashmadani
    ·
    4h
    Dave Roberts asked how this doesn't carry over: "We're very resilient. We're playing good baseball. We got beat, but we'll be ready to go.

Dave Roberts says Hello.
    I will give Dave Roberts a pass. 1 - There was a big stolen base in his past ... 2- He was in a state of shock when he said that last night. 3- Dave Roberts is actually helping my case here.
    Last edited by dgalehouse; 10-25-2020 at 10:31 AM.

LOL I was trying to think of a nicer way to say that.

Actually Denny, I don't think of you as cranky, but as one who uses many of the terms and phrases that you are sick and tired of, I guess I will apologize in advance. LOL

I think the word 'resilient' is a rather fine word.
    " Cranky " is not too bad. I am not easily offended. Maybe " Grumpy " is a little nicer way to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Like "extra-curricular activity" during a skirmish in football
    How about the overused , " It's getting a little chippy out there ."

Deity
    Yes, that is true.

One that I'm hearing a lot recently that I don't particularly care for is "I was today years old when I learned this."
    Anyone who says “I was today years old when I learned...” should be immediately sterilized and imprisoned without trial...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Like "extra-curricular activity" during a skirmish in football
    LOL yes because a 60 person brawl that involves nine tons of human flesh should always be equated to a high school chess club..

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I will give Dave Roberts a pass. 1 - There was a big stolen base in his past ... 2- He was in a state of shock when he said that last night. 3- Dave Roberts is actually helping my case here.
    Dave Roberts gets a lifetime pass on just about anything.

It's a strange game getting out of covid life. We use to hold large parties on the weekends at our place and they were fun. But they were a lot of work. Cleaning up and preparing, cleaning up afterward.

I just heard people are mostly simplifying after lockdown. We have really enjoyed having just smaller groups come over, and this seems the national trend. Smaller get togethers, easier to manage. Less planned events and more "hey I'm just hanging out at my place on Sunday and if you want to come over that would be cool". type events.

I think I've learned a bit from covid on how to live my life. Less planning, more just "if you want to come hang around I'm around" weekends.

Kind of strange. But that's what I've kind of gathered in my mind the last few weeks coming off of this covid thing. I'm thinking it makes me a bit more cool.
    Last edited by SoxHop; 06-23-2021 at 11:43 PM.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

not sure where to put this on this site. But rajas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAvAjyRG9M

And this is the person whole channel. A dude from work turned me on to this. The maker of this channel apparently lives in Austin. I'm on a mission to cook with her now, no matter that she doesn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JaujaCocinaMexicana/videos

But, I've watched all the Rajas vids she made. The guy at work I talk to about Mexican food always goes nutz talking about Mexican food. I need to make rajas this weeks.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine