Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Total baloney thread.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Nike had their cult suicide, too. Thankfully they didn’t promote a product for it, which is their usual course of action...
    That's right, I remember it now that you mentioned it. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    In the industry , they say " All publicity is good publicity ." Something like this would certainly call that adage into question .
    No doubt. There are some things that you just don't want to associate your brand with.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Kool Aid reported that sales were down at first (78-80), but it seems they went back to normal once the upped the marketing in the 80’s.

Original investigators stated the drink was “Cool Aid” so Flavor Aid didn’t see the big hit that Kool Aid did. They’ve always been the RC Cola brand of sugar water though.
    This is one of the many reasons you guys are so awesome. You know everything. Who needs Google when I have Talksox?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is one of the many reasons you guys are so awesome. You know everything. Who needs Google when I have Talksox?
    Where do you think most of us get our information? LOL
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    No doubt. There are some things that you just don't want to associate your brand with.
    But some people can just never pass up that opportunity.

If it had happened in America instead of Whitechapel, London in 1888, I could see the inspiration hit the garment industry to replace those cumbersome buttons. “Are you sick of serial killers taking forever to unbutton and remove your clothes to expose your tender organs?? Then ditch those clumsy buttons and get Jack the Zipper!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Where do you think most of us get our information? LOL
    LOL Well thank you for saving me the time!

But some people can just never pass up that opportunity.

If it had happened in America instead of Whitechapel, London in 1888, I could see the inspiration hit the garment industry to replace those cumbersome buttons. “Are you sick of serial killers taking forever to unbutton and remove your clothes to expose your tender organs?? Then ditch those clumsy buttons and get Jack the Zipper!!”
    LOL You are still not right.

But yes, some people will stoop to all levels to make a buck.

Deity
    LOL You are still not right.

But yes, some people will stoop to all levels to make a buck.
    So will you also be interested in serial cliff jumping with my new Ted Bungy cords?

So will you also be interested in serial cliff jumping with my new Ted Bungy cords?
    LOL Good one.

Speaking of bungee jumping, I don't think I could do it. Looks like fun, but I wouldn't be able to get up the courage.

You know who else is crazy besides Mt. Everest climbers?

Cave divers. OMG.

Cave divers. OMG.
    I can agree with that
    I can't disagree with you

Deity

Cave divers. OMG.
    Despite my extremely severe fear of heights, I think I would prefer to (attempt to) climb Mount Everest before spelunking in some of those caves I’ve seen people try it in. For some of those pitch black crevices, it requires a special brand of crazy...

Despite my extremely severe fear of heights, I think I would prefer to (attempt to) climb Mount Everest before spelunking in some of those caves I’ve seen people try it in. For some of those pitch black crevices, it requires a special brand of crazy...
    I agree. I would attempt to climb Everest before I would dive into those caves. I am semi-claustrophobic. The tight spaces that they sometimes have to get through would do me in.

Deity
    I agree. I would attempt to climb Everest before I would dive into those caves. I am semi-claustrophobic. The tight spaces that they sometimes have to get through would do me in.
    I think I would mind the tight spaces less if they were not accompanied by total darkness.

I also doubt I would be able to make it all the way up Everest, although apparently so many people do per year that the mountain is having serious problems with it's ecology. There are no waste baskets or toilets up there...

Reminds me of the Norm MacDonald joke about scoring a cliff diving competition . There are only two scores : 1 - Great dive . 2 - Stuff on the rocks .