Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprising Athletes

Deity

Surprising Athletes

Who are some famous folks or celebrities you were surprised to find out were Division 1 college athletes or maybe even professional athletes?

I think my two most surprising ones were Joel McHale, who played football for University of Washington, and Jim Gaffigan, who played football at Purdue.

Any other names?

Deity
    Man. No activity on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Man. No activity on this thread?
    Two problems for me:

1. I'm not really sure what you're looking for. This kind of sounds like the same thing as your other thread.

2. I don't watch enough movies or tv to know that many celebrities, so it's hard for me to contribute.

Now if you wanted to start a "Let's Learn Math" thread, I'd be all over that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Two problems for me:

1. I'm not really sure what you're looking for. This kind of sounds like the same thing as your other thread.

2. I don't watch enough movies or tv to know that many celebrities, so it's hard for me to contribute.

Now if you wanted to start a "Let's Learn Math" thread, I'd be all over that.
    I'm trying to create some new, senseless trivia-based stuff to keep some dialogues interesting but without any real emotion.

The difference on the other one was lookng for succes stories. Here, just maybe some minor league ball players of college football players more successful that so few realized even played...

A large chunk of male country music artists played D1 football. Don't have time to list them right now, but I will
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I'm trying to create some new, senseless trivia-based stuff to keep some dialogues interesting but without any real emotion.

The difference on the other one was lookng for succes stories. Here, just maybe some minor league ball players of college football players more successful that so few realized even played...
    Ah. Well I had a hard time naming any who were success stories, so my chances of naming someone a little more obscure are almost nil. LOL

Deity
    Ah. Well I had a hard time naming any who were success stories, so my chances of naming someone a little more obscure are almost nil. LOL
    For some I guess. I mean I watched plenty of college football and I was surprised to find out Jim Gaffigan played at Purdue...

Deity
    Maybe someone like this guy...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=cuomo-001mar

Who knew?

For some I guess. I mean I watched plenty of college football and I was surprised to find out Jim Gaffigan played at Purdue...
    Again, there are two problems for me.

1. I don't watch college football.

2. I have no idea who Jim Gaffigan is. LOL

Also, I just either don't know or can't remember the names of most celebrities, especially the newer ones. I might recognize them if I saw a picture of them, but I don't know their names.

Maybe someone like this guy...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=cuomo-001mar

Who knew?
    Now that's a good one.

I would never come up with something like that unless I Googled it.

Deity
    Now that's a good one.

I would never come up with something like that unless I Googled it.
    Yeah that's how I came up with it. That's why I was wondering who else everyone knows about that I don't...

Deity

2. I have no idea who Jim Gaffigan is. LOL

He is an extremely clean, and extremely funny stand up comedian. If you have Netflix, he has about 5 or 6 specials streaming there. He is also a contributor to CBS Sunday Morning. And recently, during the quarantine, he has been streaming "Dinner with the Gaffigans" on Youtube where you can watch weirdness of him having dinner with his wife and 5 young children...

Deity
    I think most people knew about this guy

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=russel001kur

He is an extremely clean, and extremely funny stand up comedian. If you have Netflix, he has about 5 or 6 specials streaming there. He is also a contributor to CBS Sunday Morning. And recently, during the quarantine, he has been streaming "Dinner with the Gaffigans" on Youtube where you can watch weirdness of him having dinner with his wife and 5 young children...
    Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I don't have Netflix.

I do like comedians who can be funny without being crude.

I think most people knew about this guy

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=russel001kur
    I actually did not know that he played baseball.