Register now to remove this ad

Thread: R.I.P. Hank Steinbrenner

R.I.P. Hank Steinbrenner

Not Corona related
    Yankees Co-Owner Hank Steinbrenner Passes Away

By Jeff Todd | April 14, 2020 at 10:03am CDT
    Yankees co-owner Hank Steinbrenner has passed away at 63 years of age, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports. His death was caused by a long-running illness and “was not related to COVID-19,” per the report.
    Hank Steinbrenner, the eldest child of long-time Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, had been listed as general partner and co-chairperson of the team along with his brother, Hal Steinbrenner. As Sherman explains, it once seemed that Hank would ultimately take over operation of the team.
    When the patriarch passed away in July of 2010, his four children — including Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal and Jessica Steinbrenner, each listed by the team as vice chairpersons — became general partners in the ownership of the Yankees. Hal was ultimately tabbed as the managing general partner and has chiefly operated the ballclub over the past decade.

MLBTR extends its condolences to the Steinbrenner family and the Yankees organization.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...sses-away.html

It's a sign of getting old that I remember when a young George Steinbrenner took over the NY Yankees from CBS and now his son dies.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 04-14-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

R.I.P. Hank.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

bet George is slapping him upside the head for turning his gold standard ballclub into a joke.
    (sorry this just needs to be said to make me remember the good ol days pre COVID that we can simply hate on the MFY mercilessly)....
    other names i have posted under: none

RIP Hank

Deity
    Wow. Surprising.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Not Corona related

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...sses-away.html

It's a sign of getting old that I remember when a young George Steinbrenner took over the NY Yankees from CBS and now his son dies.
    He died at a relatively young age.

RIP Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    bet George is slapping him upside the head for turning his gold standard ballclub into a joke.
    (sorry this just needs to be said to make me remember the good ol days pre COVID that we can simply hate on the MFY mercilessly)....
    I think we are all looking forward to being able to give Jacko (and other Yankees fans) a hard time again.

I look forward to getting a hard time again.
    Hal sucks