Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yes, but I like watching the Jets suffer more.

The Jets need punters. Lots and lots of punters...
    Jets are a OL, WR away from contending, especially now with Brady gone in the AFC East. It would be nice if they could stay healthy too
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Jets are a OL, WR away from contending, especially now with Brady gone in the AFC East. It would be nice if they could stay healthy too
    Not sure.

If the Pats fall apart - and bear in mind this team went 10-6 with Matt Cassel at QB - Buffalo is the clear front running beneficiary.

The Jets do have to replace X-receiver Robby Anderson, although Quincy Anunwa is a very underrated slot receiver. But Darnold is inconsistent to date as a QB, and he has to improve to make it matter. Also, Leveon Bell might not be the answer at RB much longer...

Not sure.

If the Pats fall apart - and bear in mind this team went 10-6 with Matt Cassel at QB - Buffalo is the clear front running beneficiary.

The Jets do have to replace X-receiver Robby Anderson, although Quincy Anunwa is a very underrated slot receiver. But Darnold is inconsistent to date as a QB, and he has to improve to make it matter. Also, Leveon Bell might not be the answer at RB much longer...
    Unless the Patriots draft well this weekend, I see them as a 3rd place team. The roster is just too old, other than the secondary. I don't know how Stidham will turn out if they choose to rely on him, and they have major holes at WR and TE as we learned last year in December.

I agree with you on Bell, but Darnold played exceptionally well the second half of the season once he got his stamina back from mono, and stopped seeing ghosts. People forget that the Jets ended up at 7-9, 2 games out of the playoffs, and were perhaps the most under-the-radar team in the NFL, since many people gave up on them after the 1-7 start that was due in large part to injuries. Darnold did all that with not a lot of weapons at his disposal. Get a little help on the O-line, and I like what he can do. The defense is pretty solid, they just didn't stay healthy. CJ Mosley got hurt early in the year, Avery Williamson missed the entire year, putting way too much on Jamal Adams, who almost singlehandedly got the job done. Now if they could just hold onto him and not trade him like they're talking about doing during the draft...

My son is so excited for the draft, he is beside himself.

Deity
    Belichick doesn’t do third place...

Belichick doesn’t do third place...
    Well then he better draft well this weekend.

I have so many friends that are convoluted Patriots fans. They think it's impossible for them to ever be bad. They were horrible once, they'll be horrible again. It might not be anytime soon, but they'll stink again. Just because they've been dominant as long as you've been alive doesn't mean they will always be dominant is basically what I always tell them.

I'm a Patriots fans too (and a Jets fan, don't ask), but I'm more realistic about the fact that they won't always be so good
    Last edited by Thunder; 04-22-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Deity
    Well then he better draft well this weekend.

I have so many friends that are convoluted Patriots fans. They think it's impossible for them to ever be bad. They were horrible once, they'll be horrible again. It might not be anytime soon, but they'll stink again. Just because they've been dominant as long as you've been alive doesn't mean they will always be dominant is basically what I always tell them.

I'm a Patriots fans too (and a Jets fan, don't ask), but I'm more realistic about the fact that they won't always be so good
    The Patriots have had some horrific seasons. This is a team that won 19 games total in the 5 seasons before drafting Drew Bledsoe. They went 1-15 in 1990, only beating the Colts. And the general feeling was “what the fuck is wrong with the Colts?”

They had one year where they went 2-14 and the Colts also went 2-14. The difference was BOTH of the Colts’ wins were over the Patriots. (The Colts were in the AFC East back then.). Those were some bad, bad, bad teams.

But I’m not ready to write them off. I don’t have faith in Stidham, but I do have faith in Belichick...

The Patriots have had some horrific seasons. This is a team that won 19 games combined in the 5 seasons before drafting Drew Bledsoe. They went 1-15 in 1990, only beating the Colts. And the general feeling was “what the fuck is wrong with the Colts?”

They had one year where they went 2-14 and the Colts also went 2-14. The difference was BOTH of the Colts’ wins were over the Patriots. (The Colts were in the AFC East back then.). Those were some bad, bad, bad teams.

But I’m not ready to write them off. I don’t have faith in Stidham, but I do have faith in Belichick...
    Think about it though. People my year in school were born in the fall of 1998 (like me) or the spring of 1999. The Patriots have been a contender every year since then, except for 2008

Deity
    Think about it though. People my year in school were born in the fall of 1998 (like me) or the spring of 1999. The Patriots have been a contender every year since then, except for 2008
    They’ve won 10 or more games every year since 2002. That’s insane.

That 2003 team was probably the best team in NFL history. They played an insanely tough schedule and still went 14-2 on their way to a Super Bowl title...

Deity
    Any predictions on the winner of tonight’s Aaron Rodgers Award given time the athlete who unexpectedly falls the furthest?

I’m thinking Justin Herbert. Based on nothing (but hope that he reaches New England)...

I haven't watched the draft in years. Maybe I'll watch tonight? Nothing else is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I haven't watched the draft in years. Maybe I'll watch tonight? Nothing else is on.
    I would not even watch the baseball draft if it were on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I would not even watch the baseball draft if it were on.
    Probably not enough highlight film for that one. Football draft is a little different because there are not as many prospects.

MLB has considered dropping the draft to 10 - 30 rounds, so maybe they could make a bigger deal out of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Somehow, I am actually not interested in the draft, even though there is literally nothing else on. It's weird. Quarantine is starting to affect me

Deity
    Somehow, I am actually not interested in the draft, even though there is literally nothing else on. It's weird. Quarantine is starting to affect me
    I’ve never watched it.

I’ll turn it on once or twice and check out the scrolling list of picks then change the channel ...