Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’ve never watched it.

I’ll turn it on once or twice and check out the scrolling list of picks then change the channel ...
    It's fun to watch with some buddies when I'm at school, especially when those buddies all like different teams.

But wait... I don't have any friends. What am I talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

fucking giants
    Hal sucks

I like having it on the background. It’s nice to hear people talk about something other than covid

The Giants has the draft by the balls. 1-3 set up perfectly. You KNEW the next two teams were going QB. How did you not fall back? You had four tackles that were highly rated and you selected the RT from Georgia who was the fourth one rated. God I hope Gettleman is right, but he played that horribly

Deity
    With 5 picks, what direction should the Patriots go?

Still a few intriguing QBs out there, including Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, and Jalen Hurts.

WR is another possibility, with Michael Pittman and Denzel Mims still on the board.

I really loved the Jets pick. Mekhi Becton is an animal, and a much needed addition to that offensive line.

Hoping to see UConn's best player get the call tonight. OT Matt Peart. Started every game for us, the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and is still developing. He could easily be a long term starter in a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    With 5 picks, what direction should the Patriots go?

Still a few intriguing QBs out there, including Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, and Jalen Hurts.

WR is another possibility, with Michael Pittman and Denzel Mims still on the board.
    Pittman is fine. As a USC fan, I wouldn't want them to reach for him though. His athleticism helped him put up big numbers at USC, but I don't think that will sustain him in the NFL.

Pats need TE, 2 LB's and help on the line. I'm not sure WR is as big of a need as some people are saying it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I really loved the Jets pick. Mekhi Becton is an animal, and a much needed addition to that offensive line.

Hoping to see UConn's best player get the call tonight. OT Matt Peart. Started every game for us, the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and is still developing. He could easily be a long term starter in a couple years
    He better take care of my boy Darnold.

He better take care of my boy Darnold.
    Bechton is a certified ghost killer, so he'll do the job just fine.

Who you gonna call?

Annual tradition of Pats fans being mad at Bill for the draft.

LOVE Denzel Mims to the Jets. Great pick to replace Robby Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

He's a Giant. GMen go O line and safety. Love the safety pick.
    Hal sucks

I’m terribly perplexed by Gettleman for the Giants. He said he didn’t get any good offers for the 4th pick. He took a guy who was mocked in the late teens to twenties at number 4. Any deal that had him drop back to say 10 was going to allow them to get their man. ANY deal was worth it. You’ve got four franchise quality LTs in the first round, but with 2 QBs that you know were coming off the board, you had the opportunity to fall back and add to the draft capital. Gettleman has never once dropped back in a draft. He does draft well, so maybe Thomas ends up being a franchise LT, but his lack of ability to manage draft equity hurt us again. Last year, same thing. Daniel Jones at the 6th pick. Jones looks the part of a franchise QB, but nobody had him going top 20. Drop back, gain some picks and still get your man.

I do love the second rounder. McKinney should have gone mid first round and they just got their franchise SS. Julian Love, from ND, who they got in last years draft has also been converted to free safety and played well there as a rookie. These two look the part of a dynamic safety combo.

Peart from UConn is a massive human who they say is good in pass protection but timid in the run game. Maybe he ends up as a starter long term, but he’ll give us some depth and an option should Solder sucking ass again this year

Again, the personnel selected is not the issue with Gettleman. It’s his inability to understand that you can get your man later and add to your pick selection
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 04-25-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Deity
    Pittman is fine. As a USC fan, I wouldn't want them to reach for him though. His athleticism helped him put up big numbers at USC, but I don't think that will sustain him in the NFL.

Pats need TE, 2 LB's and help on the line. I'm not sure WR is as big of a need as some people are saying it is.
    Well they are certainly working on the TE angle.

No idea if they plan for a QB, but so far after 3 QBs went in the top six picks, only two have been taken since.

WR could have used some flash. The Patriots depth chart there is N’Keal Henry, Julian Edelman, Mohammed Sanu, Jakobi Meyers, dreck. So they’re one injury from Jakobi Meyers in three wideout sets without Tom Brady...

I bet Marquise Lee is ahead of Myers on the depth chart.

I was right about the 2 LBs and TE. Surprised by the S, but that’s how Bill rolls.