Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL draft

NFL draft

I’m so glad the draft will be on Thursday. I need some sports in my life, even if it’s just a roster filling evening for football and no actual games are played.

I’m a Giants fan. My team has the fourth pick, but the team is so terrible that they would benefit from trading back and getting multiple picks. If they stay at the spot, I’d like them to take Simmons, who looks like a freak talent and would likely be a franchise altering LB for the next decade. But I’d almost rather they move back and draft a LT that can keep Danny Dimes from getting murdered again. Solder came over from NE and in true NE FA form, entirely sucked outside of BB’s system.

It seems we know who is the 1-2 picks. 1 will be Burrow. 2 will be Chase Young to Washington. My hope is Miami falls in love with Tua and the Giants sit pretty with a pick that could be dealt for to get Hebert. That would leave the Giants with the type of haul that could really add to last year’s draft class. Maybe get a pick around #9 (Jaguars), get a second rounder in 2020 and another 1st in 2021.
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Giants fan?

At least you’re not a Jets’ fan (You know, the ones who boo every Jets’ draft picks no matter who it is.)

If you were a Jet fan, I’d have to consider putting you in my will just so I could cut you out of it....

Tua should go to the Dolphins. He is the reason why they tanked this year. Granted, it was before the injury, but still
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

This will probably be one of the most watched sporting events ever. Everyone quarantined and wants to watch sports

The first fan free sporting event for the big 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    This will probably be one of the most watched sporting events ever. Everyone quarantined and wants to watch sports
    Being on ABC definitely helps. I think this is the 2nd year they've had it on network TV as well

Really intrigued by what the Giants do here. The Lions are ahead of them and theoretically don’t need a QB, but the rumors point towards them potentially selecting one and replacing Stanford long term. If they take a QB, then the Giants won’t have much leverage. If the Lions don’t trade out and select a CB to replace Slay like Okudah, then the Giants will be sitting pretty to trade down with any team needing a QB. There are a bunch of good tackles out there, so we don’t have to get a top 10 pick back.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Really intrigued by what the Giants do here. The Lions are ahead of them and theoretically don’t need a QB, but the rumors point towards them potentially selecting one and replacing Stanford long term. If they take a QB, then the Giants won’t have much leverage. If the Lions don’t trade out and select a CB to replace Slay like Okudah, then the Giants will be sitting pretty to trade down with any team needing a QB. There are a bunch of good tackles out there, so we don’t have to get a top 10 pick back.
    At least on offense, it seems like the Giants have enough to compete. I'm not too familiar with their defensive personnel, but it really goes to show you how much a horrible offensive line can drag the entire team down

Also, there's rumors that Jamal Adams will be part of a draft day trade for the Jets. Leave it to Adam Gase and Joe Douglas to bite the hands that feed them. They pissed him off by shopping him at the deadline last year, and then Gase irritated Le'Veon by saying something stupid in the offseason. If Darnold hadn't had such a good second half, I would want them both out the door

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    At least on offense, it seems like the Giants have enough to compete. I'm not too familiar with their defensive personnel, but it really goes to show you how much a horrible offensive line can drag the entire team down
    Engram, Shepard, and Barkley spent a lot of time injured last year. Our O line was a sieve. Our defense was abysmal. I’m hoping that Lawrence and Baker can take a big step up in year 2 and Jones can stay upright and not be running for his life after 2 seconds. We’ve got literally one good O lineman in Hernandez. Solder would be best served as a RT, which should make him be more effective. Draft a good LT and hope they can get the job done. Maybe draft a center in the middle rounds and hope he can get the job done. We aren’t winning anything in 2020-2021. The goal is to protect Jones and build a good offense. Then focus on the D. I see Simmons projected to us, and he’s the best player left theoretically, but while a playmaking defensive freak would be useful, the focus has to be on protecting and progressing Jones. If we can build a line in this draft AND maybe select one diamond in the rough defensively, we could really take advantage next year of the top of the draft when everyone will be jockeying for the top 2 picks (Fields and Lawrence)

Deity
    The Giants took Daniel Jones at #6 last year. Have they already run up the white flag with him?

NFL teams are so impatient. Their O-line sucks. Fix that...

No, I think Jones is the future. I really like the kid. Big arm, very mobile. He was just running for his life

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    No, I think Jones is the future. I really like the kid. Big arm, very mobile. He was just running for his life
    Exactly. The Giants need to work on that last sentence. Quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Exactly. The Giants need to work on that last sentence. Quickly...
    So do both MetLife Stadium tenants

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So do both MetLife Stadium tenants
    Yes, but I like watching the Jets suffer more.

The Jets need punters. Lots and lots of punters...