Register now to remove this ad

Thread: The proposed playoff format is a total joke ....

The proposed playoff format is a total joke ....

If this is the owners proposal ? Yeah I’m taking a year off and wait for next year when the economic situation and health situation is in the rear view .No fans No baseball is my vote now .2021 brings a healthy sale a redeemed Cora and Mookie back .Bring on the beach later folks .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    If this is the owners proposal ? Yeah I’m taking a year off and wait for next year when the economic situation and health situation is in the rear view .No fans No baseball is my vote now .2021 brings a healthy sale a redeemed Cora and Mookie back .Bring on the beach later folks .
    Um no. The earliest we get Sale back will probably be next June
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hence next year dopey

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Hence next year dopey
    Wow sorry to piss you off

I don't think missing half the season is considered being healthy, especially when your performance coming back from TJS is a wild card
    I can't disagree with you

Imagine thinking the worst part of having baseball in 2020 would be a playoff format...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Imagine thinking the worst part of having baseball in 2020 would be a playoff format...
    The good news is, there will be a universal DH! This is one change being implemented in this proposed shortened season that I hope sticks permanently.

Deity
    I know.

I just want baseball back. I miss it. I don't even care what changes they make.*

*Except the remarkably stupid 3-batter minimum rule...

[QUOTE=notin;1327011]I know.

I just want baseball back. I miss it. I don't even care what changes they make.*

That's what I'm saying -- Pitch clock and batters stay in the box! In watching ancient World Series games on the tube, no batters stepped out of the box every pitch or any pitch unless there was a foul ball and they needed a new one. There were no batting gloves, of course, but guys even stayed in the box to grab dirt and rub it on their hands. Maybe the MLB needs to enlist Ryan Braiser to stand on the mound and remind everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I mean if baseball isn’t a go, it was a good time for Sale to get the surgery lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I mean if baseball isn’t a go, it was a good time for Sale to get the surgery lol.
    Don't get me started on Sale's surgery! LOL

The playoff format is fine for this weird shortened season. Good teams could be excluded or bad teams included if the format is left the same. Last year the Nats started the season off at 27-33, so they wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if a 60-game season had last year's playoff format. Not only that, but by having a lot more teams eligible for the playoffs we will see more competitive baseball at the end of the regular season (as opposed to September just being a wasted month for half the teams in the league).

And who knows, maybe there'll be some 14th seed Cinderella story that goes on to win the WS, like the White Sox or some shit. Would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    The playoff format is fine for this weird shortened season. Good teams could be excluded or bad teams included if the format is left the same. Last year the Nats started the season off at 27-33, so they wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if a 60-game season had last year's playoff format. Not only that, but by having a lot more teams eligible for the playoffs we will see more competitive baseball at the end of the regular season (as opposed to September just being a wasted month for half the teams in the league).

And who knows, maybe there'll be some 14th seed Cinderella story that goes on to win the WS, like the White Sox or some shit. Would be cool.
    Last I heard, they were going with a regular playoff format. Ten teams, 3 division winners and 2 wildcards from each league. They are still considering expanded playoffs though.

Did they ever finalize the playoff format?

Just as an FYI, there are NO changes to the playoff structure from the previous few years. 6 division winners, 4 WC teams.