Register now to remove this ad

Page 204 of 644 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He's flexible. And open to new experiences.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Deity
    He's flexible. And open to new experiences.

Normally the staunch values of his base conflict with, well, all of his new experiences...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Normally the staunch values of his base conflict with, well, all of his new experiences...
    Isn't fascinating how someone who is not part of Trump's base tells them what conflicts with their alleged values. Zapatero a tus zapatos !

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Isn't fascinating how someone who is not part of Trump's base tells them what conflicts with their alleged values. Zapatero a tus zapatos !
    And then gets called out by someone repeatedly citing the problems with oppositional left values?

You can keep your cobbler

And then gets called out by someone repeatedly citing the problems with oppositional left values?

You can keep your cobbler
    I used to be a leftist, then I met Joe Kennedy and the New York congressional delegation.

Legend
    New polls show that little donnie dump is down 12 points to Biden nationally. Dump's job disapproval rating is at 14 points, and 37% of the people think this country is headed in the wrong direction. In the most recent polls Biden is up 7-11 points in Florida, a point in Arizona, 4 points in Wisconsin etc etc. Little donnie dump is losing badly at this point in time, No wonder he wants more than three debates.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    New polls show that little donnie dump is down 12 points to Biden nationally. Dump's job disapproval rating is at 14 points, and 37% of the people think this country is headed in the wrong direction. In the most recent polls Biden is up 7-11 points in Florida, a point in Arizona, 4 points in Wisconsin etc etc. Little donnie dump is losing badly at this point in time, No wonder he wants more than three debates.
    Trump is a negotiator. He asked for more, but he knows that three debates will suffice.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Trump is a negotiator. He asked for more, but he knows that three debates will suffice.
    I don't believe that debates make all that much of a difference in the general election. Primary? Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I don't believe that debates make all that much of a difference in the general election. Primary? Maybe.
    Yea that's what Richard Nixon thought when he debated JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It might make a difference with Biden.

I don't know. It didn't matter in the primary.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Sorry. You cannot disrespect CNN and MSNBC and then cite Breitbart and not expect to be called on it...
    I don’t read Breitbart. It came up on my twitter feed late last night. Look at the time of my post. I was too tired to verify the information elsewhere. From reading the article, I have no reason to believe that she didn’t make those remarks.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Biden is running on his name and that he isn't Trump. Unless he forgets one of these two key points, I don't know how important the debates can be.

Of course, there is always the Poindexter Factor - that a candidate can lose everything by looking very poor on television regardless of competency and ability. But unlike Admiral Poindexter, Biden has plenty of camera time...

Trump ran briefly in 2000 as a member of the Reform Party. He was a registered Democrat from 2001 to 2009. He's been a Republican on multiple occasions

He changes political parties about as often as he changes wives, and is equally loyal to both...
    I agree. He was elected in large part as a reaction against the two parties. Calling him ultra-right is unsupportable. Those people must be watching a lot of MSNBC and CNN. It just doesn’t match reality of his policies, governance or pre-politician life.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Biden is running on his name and that he isn't Trump. Unless he forgets one of these two key points, I don't know how important the debates can be.

Of course, there is always the Poindexter Factor - that a candidate can lose everything by looking very poor on television regardless of competency and ability. But unlike Admiral Poindexter, Biden has plenty of camera time...
    A lot depends, of course, on whether Biden really is losing his faculties as some suspect...