Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 644 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    So, no matter what someone says, they can't get banned or censored, as long as it stays on this thread.

I'm not sure how this is any different from the closed thread, but I'll go along with the idea.

This has certainly not been this thread's finest hour. The lines have become trenches that are likely to carry over to the non political threads. Sad, but likely true.

Look what no Sox can do to us!
    There is absolutely no reason to carry this nonsense over to other threads. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm afraid you'll be seeing it again in this thread.
    Oh, I have no doubt Bell.

As I've said several times, political discussions never end well.

I don't get why politics can't be discussed without all the hatred.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yeszir to the rescue!

You speak the 100% truth.
    Of course we aren’t going to change anyone’s mind. If thats the reason people are here they are wasting their time. No one ever solved anything or fixed anything on an internet forum.

Its just a place to vent.

Thats it.

Legend
    There is absolutely no reason to carry this nonsense over to other threads. Don't do it.
    I nominate you as judge for the other thread. If you decide something is too political for that thread the post should be removed by the person who posted it, no questions asked.

If everyone else is in and you are willing then I am in too.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Of course we aren’t going to change anyone’s mind. If thats the reason people are here they are wasting their time. No one ever solved anything or fixed anything on an internet forum.

Its just a place to vent.

Thats it.
    I understand the need to vent. Do we need to be so nasty towards one another while doing so?

I understand the need to vent. Do we need to be so nasty towards one another while doing so?
    It's kind of a male ego thing, it's primal and definitely stupid. We try to get the better of each other. From an early age, boys form gangs and try to terrorize each other.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I nominate you as judge for the other thread. If you decide something is too political for that thread the post should be removed by the person who posted it, no questions asked.

If everyone else is in and you are willing then I am in too.
    If I see a post that I don't think belongs there, I will certainly say something. I don't feel like I should be the only judge of that, however. It's not necessarily just political posts either. It's also posts that have a tone that has definitely spilled over from the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    So, no matter what someone says, they can't get banned or censored, as long as it stays on this thread.

I'm not sure how this is any different from the closed thread, but I'll go along with the idea.

This has certainly not been this thread's finest hour. The lines have become trenches that are likely to carry over to the non political threads. Sad, but likely true.

Look what no Sox can do to us!
    Well, no that's not what I said. There are always certain kinds of posts that get people banned.

No need to tell me.
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    If I see a post that I don't think belongs there, I will certainly say something. I don't feel like I should be the only judge of that, however. It's not necessarily just political posts either. It's also posts that have a tone that has definitely spilled over from the other thread.
    Fair enough
    I agree to abide by your judgment over there. Hopefully others will sign on too. Not that you need to monitor every post.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir View Post
    Well, no that's not what I said. There are always certain kinds of posts that get people banned.
    From what I saw on the last thread, I'm not sure what more could be said to not get banned, except maybe threatening another's life.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's kind of a male ego thing, it's primal and definitely stupid. We try to get the better of each other. From an early age, boys form gangs and try to terrorize each other.
    I do think there's a lot of truth to that, at least from what I've noticed here. To me, the ability to walk away when the discussion turns ugly is a sign of strength, not a sign of weakness. Don't stoop the other's level.

If you guys want to boost your egos, ignore all nasty comments and walk away. Let the other person have the last word. (I don't think my advice is going to work. LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Go make love to yourself
    I can't even make like to myself -- after trying to cut my hair in the mirror. I was doing ok on the sides, but the back is backwards -- or is that forwards; like Ambulance in the rearview mirror... which I almost needed to call after nearly lopping an earlobe.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I can't even make like to myself -- after trying to cut my hair in the mirror. I was doing ok on the sides, but the back is backwards -- or is that forwards; like Ambulance in the rearview mirror... which I almost needed to call after nearly lopping an earlobe.
    Nobody is going to see it. Even if they did chances are their haircut is at least as bad.

Deity
    Nobody is going to see it. Even if they did chances are their haircut is at least as bad.
    Exactly.

And it’s not like you were that much to look at before