Register now to remove this ad

Page 450 of 644 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Is all of Connecticut a shithole county? We must be, if having little to no cases of COVID is the only requirement
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

BOTTOM LINE.....

All told, we are all accountable for demagoguing substantive issues for political gain. We need to own that.

It would also be nice if we could all do our best not to respond to said demagoguery by trying to PERSONALLY marginalize eachother by imputing such personal sins as RACISM, BIGOTRY, & OTHER PERSONAL SINS, to demonize eachother.

It always seems to go that way, & some still want to routinely engage in this sophomoric debate tactic, then pretend they are above the Fray.

Let's simply admit we all have been guilty, ON BOTH SIDES, then move on & try to be better?

Continue doing the SSDD, then blaming 700? Just more of the same bullshit provoking, ad hominems, & niggling bullshit that started all this.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    I appreciate that Thunder, and I know you are always being sincere. My issues are never with you.

Hoppy, in a moment of trying to sound sincere challenged me to retract "my lie" that he tried to marginalize my comments about Covid a ways back, by making the crude joke about "fucking my memory care mom up the ass."

OF COURSE he wasn't serious, it was just another time he went over the edge when talking about an issue. In his mind, talking about your mom in memory care, vis a vis the knock on Cuomo's almost 8,000 LTCF death scandal, is the perfect opportunity to crudely marginalize me as a debate foes. It's what he does. You make a substantive point, and he looks to go scorched earth on you personally if he disagrees with you. It's always personal with him if he holds the opposite opinion. Moon too.

I don't give a shit that he said it. But, if he asks me to deny it, I'm not interested in playing that game. He can simply apologize, move on, & try not to go ad hominem when frustrated in an argument in the future.

For me? That would end it. Either way, it ends it for me.
    Its not "Hoppy"...its SoxHop.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    i'm not really hearing many people say that Trump is blameless but I am hearing many say that he is basically totally to blame.
    I'm not hearing anyone say he's blameless here either, but he's saying it.

Maybe only one poster has never come out and say he's even partially to blame, but I haven't read every post of his.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I wasn't trying to imply that you were guilty of trolling. I was trying to get you to acknowledge and condemn others when they do it, and by the looks of it, it seems like you have already done so.
    Good. I didn't take your post that way.

All I'm trying to do is keep this place as peaceful and as civil as possible. If you have a problem with that, please ignore me.
    Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Legend
    Kids are also dying of this. Not many, for sure, but I can't see parents wanting to send their kids to a place where they could potentially contract this thing and die from it:

A 9-year-old girl from Putnam County is the youngest person to have died in Florida from coronavirus complications, according to the state department of health.

The 9-year-old's death is not a travel-related case and the child did not have close contact with anyone who recently tested positive for Covid-19, records show.
    Putnam County Health Officer Mary Garcia confirmed the fatality to CNN on Wednesday and said she was unaware of any underlying medical conditions in the girl's case.
    According to the latest health records, the 9-year-old is the fifth minor in Florida to die from Covid-19.

The others were an 11-year-old boy in Miami-Dade County, an 11-year-old girl in Broward County, a 16-year-old girl in Lee County and a 17-year-old boy in Pasco County.
    Putnam County is located between Jacksonville, Gainesville, St. Augustine, and Daytona Beach in northeastern Florida. Since April 1, the county has had at least 11 coronavirus-related fatalities.
    As of Friday, 23,170 minors had tested positive for the virus across the state. The positivity rate of the children tested is 13.4%. The state's total number of confirmed cases stands at 379,619.

We all hold the key to our own happiness and peace of mind . We just too often don't realize it . The Serenity Prayer is a simple and excellent guide . There are some things that should be taken seriously in life and some that should not . Anything someone posts on an Internet forum definitely falls into the category of " not to be taken seriously " . ( And that includes this post . ) Be smart . Be happy. Keep a sense of humor . Have a nice day .

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Its not "Hoppy"...its SoxHop.
    He talks about passive aggressiveness and not letting things go. Wow, if this is letting thing go, I don't know what taking things seriously means.

The attacks keep coming, veiled and otherwise.

This should definitely have been in green:

I was pretty clean and honest last night.

He and 700 lied about me not answering his question about my county's death total (700 several times).

He lied about never singling me out for being a teacher wanting to stay home, and when I showed him his own quotes, he said I was "spinning." Yes, I quoted him and that's spinning.

He keeps saying I love and never criticize Cuomo, Obama, Biden and others, maybe not last night he didn't but it's constant, and today he accused me of taking things "personal." (I've gone a long time avoiding him and making any personal insults against anyone, and even before that, I think the worst I ever called someone was a "clown," and then, I apologized for even that. I don't call people names. I may be hyper critical of their positions, but I do not make personal attacks.)

He keeps mis- attributing positions and quotes to the wrong posters and when corrected, sometimes several times, continues doing so.

Now, he wants us all to admit we've been "sophomoric" and move on. (He can't even go one breath between saying that and blasting out an attack.)

It looked like today got off to one of its better starts, then poof!

There are a lot of good posters on this site and thread, including many I disagree with very often. Certainly, both sides have gone over the line numerous times, but when I started reading today's posts from earliest to latest, I felt like maybe things were going to get better.

I'm going to keep trying not to name call or make personal attacks, but I do not think calling out offensive statements is making a personal attack. Countering an offensive or untrue message is much different than attacking a person.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    We all hold the key to our own happiness and peace of mind . We just too often don't realize it . The Serenity Prayer is a simple and excellent guide . There are some things that should be taken seriously in life and some that should not . Anything someone posts on an Internet forum definitely falls into the category of " not to be taken seriously " . ( And that includes this post . ) Be smart . Be happy. Keep a sense of humor . Have a nice day .
    The wise man speaks.

(Notice- not in green.)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He talks about passive aggressiveness and not letting things go. Wow, if this is letting thing go, I don't know what taking things seriously means.

He and 700 lied about me not answering his question about my county's death total (700 several times).

He lied about never singling me out for being a teacher wanting to stay home, and when I showed him his own quotes, he said I was "spinning." Yes, I quoted him and that's spinning.

He keeps saying I love and never criticize Cuomo, Obama, Biden and others, maybe not last night he didn't but it's constant, and today he accused me of taking things "personal." (I've gone a long time avoiding him and making any personal insults against anyone, and even before that, I think the worst I ever called someone was a "clown," and then, I apologized for even that. I don't call people names. I may be hyper critical of their positions, but I do not make personal attacks.)

He keeps mis- attributing positions and quotes to the wrong posters and when corrected, sometimes several times, continues doing so.

Now, he wants us all to admit we've been "sophomoric" and move on. (He can't even go one breath between saying that and blasting out an attack.)

There are a lot of good posters on this site and thread, including many I disagree with very often. Certainly, both sides have gone over the line numerous times, but when I started reading today's posts from earliest to latest, I felt like maybe things were going to get better.

I'm going to keep trying not to name call or make personal attacks, but I do not think calling out offensive statements is making a personal attack. Countering an offensive or untrue message is much different than attacking a person.

Check your pms....

Just read today's newspaper. My county's hospitals are all maxed out on ICU beds. Test results are taking 10-15 days.

Our school district just finalized their plans. We pushed back the kids first day from August 12 to the 14th.

Teachers have to come to school for training starting August 5th- no exceptions. We begin teaching online,except for SPED students, and all teachers must teach from their classrooms NOT at home.

After 4 weeks, if we are not still a code red county, we may decide to have students come back, if they want. That means we will be likely teaching some students online and some in-person, assuming we ever get out of code red.

What sucks for me is that I teach ESL and am the only teacher who teaches beginners grade 6-8 and intermediates 7-8 grades. That means I will have to do both: in-person and online, unless all my kids decide one way or the other, which is unlikely. In other subject areas, they can have 2 teachers teach 6th grade Math online and 2 face-to-face only.

They listed the safety protocols and nothing was mentioned about improving the HVAC filtration system, despite it being one of the top concerns listed in the results of a community survey sent out to teachers and parents.

That being said, I still really want to get back into the classroom with my kids. I may be in the minority among my fellow teachers, but my kids need face-to-face starting yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Is there a darker shade of green you can use? That one hurts my eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Is there a darker shade of green you can use? That one hurts my eyes
    I can barely read it.

Next time, I'll move to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    and also with you. +
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.