Register now to remove this ad

Page 261 of 305 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4562

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No you never said it, but I thought the point was about how quickly we have become so divisive. Yes, it began long before T Rump, but I've never seen a president not even appear to try to united or heal a nation at each others throats. He seems to thrive on chaos and antagonism.

It's my opinion, but I think even many on the right wish he'd at least try or appear to try to unite.

GW was able to unite the nation after 911, and even got the Dems to allow a needless war to start. That's how (mostly) united we were.

I really think this pandemic was a perfect opportunity to get us all on the same page. Sure, with so much fenzied hatred against him even before all this happened, it may not have been easy, and it may not have worked, even if he had said and done everything as best as almost anyone could expect, but it was a feeble attempt, if one at all.
    I can agree with this. I wasn't old enough to judge firsthand, but I thought Bush did a pretty good job after 9/11, forgetting the decision to invade Iraq for a second. Before the pandemic, I was prepared to vote for Trump. I had doubts about how well he would lead us through it, but I'm sure even you and all the Trump haters out there could agree that you didn't see him botching it this badly. Considering my age, and the fact that I'm a year away from graduating college, economic stability is important to me, and Trump gave us that, if nothing else. But his response to the pandemic, and to BLM, has turned me away from him. At this point, I would rather not vote than vote for one of these two candidates, unless Biden gets hit in the head by a brick and magically becomes electable.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Nor the mental gymnastics by his supporters to defend the absurdly indefensible.

Many knew wearing a mask helped (the other guy not so much the wearer) long before the gov't switched course on the subject. Let's also not forget why the government was first so hesitant about recommending masks. It was because of a shortage and the need to allow first responders access to the few masks we had in stock. Someone waited too long to realize we needed masks and other PPEs. The same guy has still not even begun to establish a central contact tracing program or to even champion the cause for states to take that essential protocol seriously.

I haven’t defended anything absurdly indefensible. The opposition to his policies has been psychotic and absurd and easily countered.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

I haven’t defended anything absurdly indefensible. The opposition to his policies has been psychotic and absurd and easily countered.
    Forget it Moon. This person is also playing 3D chess and your moves have been easily countered as you are playing checkers.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Forget it Moon. This person is also playing 3D chess and your moves have been easily countered as you are playing checkers.
    I only play 5G chess now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I can agree with this. I wasn't old enough to judge firsthand, but I thought Bush did a pretty good job after 9/11, forgetting the decision to invade Iraq for a second. Before the pandemic, I was prepared to vote for Trump. I had doubts about how well he would lead us through it, but I'm sure even you and all the Trump haters out there could agree that you didn't see him botching it this badly. Considering my age, and the fact that I'm a year away from graduating college, economic stability is important to me, and Trump gave us that, if nothing else. But his response to the pandemic, and to BLM, has turned me away from him. At this point, I would rather not vote than vote for one of these two candidates, unless Biden gets hit in the head by a brick and magically becomes electable.
    The economic stability was there before T Rump took office. Even before Covid hit, his administration had created less jobs than Obama in the same amount of time. Close but still slightly less, and that's the thing he's been hanging his hat on. The same numbers he bashed Obama for having while campaigning against HRC. I won't even get into the part about him calling the unemployment numbers deceptive until the same numbers showed up for him.

Obama made a lot of mistakes, including not jailing some of the people who caused the economic collapse during GW's last year, but he inherited a MAJOR crisis. T Rump took over an economy on the longest upswing in history. A little context is needed. Yes, I'm back to talking Obama, but that's what T Rump ran on (against).

Yes, income rose slightly, but mostly in the form of bonuses not permanent raises, and the tax revenue he promised from the massive tax cuts to the rich plus the company tax cuts the rich own was a big farce, as anyone who follows economics predicted. The deficit was skyrocketing while the rich pocketed even more and more of the nation's wealth. There was no money left over for the promised big infrastructure promise. No money left to help improve healthcare, education and much more. No lower drug prices that he made a central part of his campaign. No alternative healthcare plan even presented.

Last edited by moonslav59; 06-30-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You should ask for a refund for the tuition you have paid UCONN. If you want no police, burning of cities, looting, tearing down statues, destroying our history, open borders, the Green New Deal, free health care for illegals, etc. then vote for Biden. If you believe in law and order and want a good economy and a safe place to live and raise a family then vote for Trump.
    Not a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tedballgame View Post
    you should ask for a refund for the tuition you have paid uconn. If you want no police, burning of cities, looting, tearing down statues, destroying our history, open borders, the green new deal, free health care for illegals, etc. Then vote for biden. If you believe in law and order and want a good economy and a safe place to live and raise a family then vote for trump.
    Not a tough choice.
    woooooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!

If the USA was a business. The current CEO would be gone. If you made reports against other businesses that weathered this covid storm, the USA would show that leadership failed.

Also some jackass didn't warn me about the real situation, so my current portfolio is effed. Looks like I'm going to retire when I'm 124. Two life time cataclysmic financial incidents back to back under whos watch?. Gen Y and Millennials and others must not trust much in the current people. The tax reduction recently introduced to the businesses by the current administration, is half of what was so far given to the working people who are trying to weather the storm.

Rent is due to 20 percent of working American people who can't afford it. Eviction notices will be on the door tomorrow. Credit scores blown. Virus skyrocketing in numbers more than previously seen in New England. Trump and Pence, WE HAVE BEATEN THE VIRUS AND HAVE SAVES MULTIPLE LIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    If the USA was a business. The current CEO would be gone. If you made reports against other businesses that weathered this covid storm, the USA would show that leadership failed.

Also some jackass didn't warn me about the real situation, so my current portfolio is effed. Looks like I'm going to retire when I'm 124. Two life time cataclysmic financial incidents back to back under whos watch?. Gen Y and Millennials and others must not trust much in the current people. The tax reduction recently introduced to the businesses by the current administration, is half of what was so far given to the working people who are trying to weather the storm.

Rent is due to 20 percent of working American people who can't afford it. Eviction notices will be on the door tomorrow. Credit scores blown. Virus skyrocketing in numbers more than previously seen in New England. Trump and Pence, WE HAVE BEATEN THE VIRUS AND HAVE SAVES MULTIPLE LIVES.
    The eviction wave might be the final straw for some clingers-on.

Other poorer nations than us are giving their citizens more security.

The new hats should read, "MADA". Make America a Depression Again.

When schools are forced to open, the spike is going to go off the charts. Our district opens August 12th. What's that? 6 weeks away? WTF!!!
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Are you going to deny that T Rump has been an incredibly divisive president? I have lived in this country for 68 years and I do not recall ANY president being THIS divisive-none. At a time when we really needed a leader who could unite us in a common cause, like most other countries who successfully controlled the pandemic, we get a jackass who values getting elected over human life, someone who cheers "white power", someone who refuses to model good behavior (how many lives would have been saved if he was consistently wearing a mask and encouraged everyone else to do so as well), someone who has made an art form out of lying....and so on. He is not only a bad leader, but he is a turd of a human being.
    Dude.... Pumpsie,

Hold on to your skirt! You said the same thing about Reagan, GHWB (ya sure did back in the day! Especially during the Clarance Thomas Hearings), GWB (YEH! You called him a 'War Criminal'), and you were well on your way to saying the same things about John McCain and Mitt Romney, had they not lost.

LOL :0 Please dude! You hated McCain and Romney, but like the rest of your off the rails crew, you pretend you "always respected them.

Pump,

You really need Pike back! Let's face it, he was your tether to reality. Your anchor.

He actually made you sound reasonable.

LMFAO :0
    Last edited by Sox75; 07-01-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Hey Moony,

I think you could come out of your bunker there in Texas?

per 100,000 / PER MILLION

Hawaii 1 = 10 PER MILLION
    Montana 2 = 20
    Alaska 2 = 20
    Wyoming 3 = 30
    Idaho 5 = 50
    Puerto Rico 5 = 50
    Utah 5 = 50
    Oregon 5 = 50
    West Virgina 5 = 50 PER MILLION
    Maine 8 = 80
    Texas 8
    Kansas 9
    Arkansas 9
    Tennessee 9
    Vermont 9
    South Dakota 10
    North Dakota 10
    Oklahoma 10
    Kentucky 12
    Wisconsin 13
    North Carolina 13
    Nebraska 14
    South Carolina 14
    California 15
    Florida 16
    Nevada 16
    Missouri 16
    Washington 17 = 170 PER MILLION
    Alabama 19
    Virginia 20
    Iowa 22
    Arizona 22
    New Mexico 23
    Ohio 24
    Minnesota 26
    Georgia 26
    New Hampshire 27
    Colorado 29
    Mississippi 35
    Indiana 39
    Pennsylvania 520 PER MILLION
    Maryland 52
    Delaware 52
    Illinois 54
    Michigan 62
    Louisiana 69
    District of Columbia 78
    Rhode Island 88
    Massachusets 117 = 1170 PER MILLION
    Connecticut 121 = 1210 PER MILLION
    New York 161 = 1610 PER MILLION
    New Jersey 169 = 1690 PER MILLION

Showing entries 1 to 52 (52 entries in total)

We get it Moony!

The state governors talking the loudest and proudest; fucked their elder constituents.

Others, shut their flippin mouths, and protected the most vulnerable.

Guess what? States like Mass, NY, NJ, CONN, RI, & others, are still BANKING ON giving Covid cover to LTCF's & ACL facilities, to take Covid patients and KICK BACK campaign contributions to mostly Dem politicians. BLOOD MONEY.

I know.... you like the sensationalism of MSNBC / HUFFPO / CNN "COVID INFECTED," to make the U.S. look bad. You live off these numbers. You can't get enough! You never talk about the states that are kicking ass on Covid. That simply doesn't feed your hysteria. You want hysteria. you need hysteria.

Dude! Get a grip.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I only play 5G chess now.

So the same chess as everyone else, only more expensive?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Dude.... Pumpsie,

Hold on to your skirt! You said the same thing about Reagan, GHWB (ya sure did back in the day! Especially during the Clarance Thomas Hearings), GWB (YEH! You called him a 'War Criminal'), and you were well on your way to saying the same things about John McCain and Mitt Romney, had they lost.

LOL :0 Please dude! You hated McCain and Romney, but like the rest of your off the rails crew, you pretend you "always respected them.

Pump,

You really need Pike back! Let's face it, he was your tether to reality. Your anchor.

He actually made you sound reasonable.

LMFAO :0
    So did you like Trump when he was a Democrat? On any of the occasions he’s been a Democrat?

And which Republican ideal does he now embrace that has impressed you most?

Just remember, “hold onto your skirt” and “off the rails crew” aren’t personal attacks. Only Fred is doing those!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    You should ask for a refund for the tuition you have paid UCONN. If you want no police, burning of cities, looting, tearing down statues, destroying our history, open borders, the Green New Deal, free health care for illegals, etc. then vote for Biden. If you believe in law and order and want a good economy and a safe place to live and raise a family then vote for Trump.
    Not a tough choice.
    Biden does not advocate for GND and M4A, but he should.