Register now to remove this ad

Page 128 of 644 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

The argument against high capacity magazines can no longer be made with a straight face, not after mass coast to coast riots, looting and arson that went without response by law enforcement.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    How many bullets can an AR 15 fire off one after the other without reloading? Does anyone really need large magazines to go hunting bambi with?
    Depends on the magazine. The many thousands of people buying firearms this past month were not buying them to hunt. They were buying them for self protection. The gun control movement is dead as a result of the violence groups like Antfa are perpertrating on innocent shopkeepers and home owners.

Let me answer that: about 40 rounds per minute. Why on earth would a hunter need to fire off 40 rounds per minute.

Answer: these guns are not made for hunting animals other than people.
    The 2nd amendment is not about hunting. It is about self protection.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Nowhere in the constitution is mention made of a right to purchase semi-automatic guns, the kind of guns that are used for the all too frequent mass killings in this country. Only the gun lobby is preventing meaningful legislation from being passed to limit the sale of these killing machines. The "self protection" argument doesn't pass the sniff test. Who exactly are you going to be protecting yourself from? The government? You are badly outgunned there. Robbers? You need a semiautomatic gun for that? A baseball bat would be much better since a lot of the time the person getting shot isn't someone you intended to shoot.

I have no problem with rifles and hand guns. I have a major issue with semi automatic guns as they are all too often used for mass killings.

Legend
    The argument against high capacity magazines can no longer be made with a straight face, not after mass coast to coast riots, looting and arson that went without response by law enforcement.
    Typical militant right wing BS from you.

Nowhere in the constitution is mention made of a right to purchase semi-automatic guns, the kind of guns that are used for the all too frequent mass killings in this country. Only the gun lobby is preventing meaningful legislation from being passed to limit the sale of these killing machines. The "self protection" argument doesn't pass the sniff test. Who exactly are you going to be protecting yourself from? The government? You are badly outgunned there. Robbers? You need a semiautomatic gun for that? A baseball bat would be much better since a lot of the time the person getting shot isn't someone you intended to shoot.

I have no problem with rifles and hand guns. I have a major issue with semi automatic guns as they are all too often used for mass killings.
    The are several million AR 15s in private hands. They are used for self protection all the time. When is the last time you fired a weapon? I would rather have an AR 15 in my house to use for self defense than a hand gun because I am a better shot with a long gun than a hand gun.
    You rant and rave all you want but semi automatics are here to stay. You do realize the most hand guns are semi automatics. From the way you speak about firearms you know nothing about them except what you have seen in the movies.

Nope not without a federal licence
    Since the 'bump stock' was banned, correct?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Interesting you went with that rather than because of a “police state that is fond of no knock warrants and kills a dog every 77 minutes.”
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Interesting you went with that rather than because of a “police state that is fond of no knock warrants and kills a dog every 77 minutes.”
    I am not understanding your point if you have one. If it is just your need to be bitingly sarcastic, there is no need to explain.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    It always seemed to me it was about protecting the colonies, since in 1791 the USA had no real army and was unable to levy taxes to raise one. The amendment does specifically state "well regulated militia" and Congress did pass the Militia Act of 1792 in the following year, where they spelled out the definition of a militia as being used for national defense and law enforcement.

It never appeared to be for self-defense until Heller vs DC in 2008, but that appeared to be a partisan vote that favored a newly regimented NRA...

Legend
    The are several million AR 15s in private hands. They are used for self protection all the time. When is the last time you fired a weapon? I would rather have an AR 15 in my house to use for self defense than a hand gun because I am a better shot with a long gun than a hand gun.
    You rant and rave all you want but semi automatics are here to stay. You do realize the most hand guns are semi automatics. From the way you speak about firearms you know nothing about them except what you have seen in the movies.
    I was at a shooting range with my brother about a year ago. Both of my brothers have hand guns in their homes. Just because there are a lot of semi-automatic weapons out there does not mean they should be sold to the public.
    As I said, who exactly are you “defending yourself “ against? When was the last riot on your property? If its one or two hoodlums breaking into your home a simple rifle or handgun is enough. These weapons are used over and over again for mass killings. There is no cogent reason a citizen needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Since the 'bump stock' was banned, correct?
    It's a gray area. While a bump stock might have been legal, I still don't think the use of one to convert a weapon to an automatic weapon was legal. I could be wrong.

Also, it is my understanding that the mechanism of a bump stock significantly impairs the accuracy of the firearm. Rapid firing even with a semi-automatic rifle impairs accuracy as it results in barrel rise. People have been watching too many violent movies.

It always seemed to me it was about protecting the colonies, since in 1791 the USA had no real army and was unable to levy taxes to raise one. The amendment does specifically state "well regulated militia" and Congress did pass the Militia Act of 1792 in the following year, where they spelled out the definition of a militia as being used for national defense and law enforcement.

It never appeared to be for self-defense until Heller vs DC in 2008, but that appeared to be a partisan vote that favored a newly regimented NRA...
    No one is coming to you for your opinion on the intent of the Framers. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Well, Joe Biden sure cleared up a lot when he explained that 10 to 15 per cent of Americans are just not very good people.

Which is what - 33 million to 49 million people.

You can see that's a pretty big issue.
    Using the current population of the USA of approximately 330 million, he is talking about between 33 to 50 million people. Maybe the #KillerCuomo's Extermination Homes are a prototype for this larger problematic group who Hiden Biden as condemned as "not good" people.

Wrong;
    I think the following quotes give the original intent of the founders.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book

The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."
    - James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"[I]f circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."
    - Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28, January 10, 1788

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
    - Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789