Register now to remove this ad

Page 304 of 644 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Well put, but I personally believe you set up a false dichotomy.

Smart Republicans believe that the Democrats ideological push for Draconian business regulations and "Green Energy" mandates on big industry, do reach a point of diminishing returns in a global market.

When you saddle U.S. business, industries, and manufacturing with Cap & Trade like policies, while concurrently hammering them with REGULATIONS up the ass, the ultimate consequence is that business, industry, & manufacturing move abroad, to places like China, where they can can manufacture far cheaper (enabling worker abuses that create slave like labor practices for 100's of millions, into the billions) and far environmentally damaging. WE UNDERSTAND that this displacement of manufacturing abroad does not make the world cleaner, the water cleaner, the air cleaner, global warming slower.
    No! The net effect is fewer good paying manufacturing jobs for U.S. citizens, AND a more rapidly warming WORLD.

This is the classic LOSE - LOSE situation. Democrats never want to talk about this point of diminishing returns with respect to balancing the ECONOMY with producing in an "ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY" way.

Again.... While I respect your opinions, I truly think you fall into the typical myopic view of protecting the environment being mutually exclusive of re-building domestic industry and manufacturing. This us the "flat-earther" theory of environmentalism. It's funny that you seldom hear about our eco-warriors holding mass protests against the pollution from China, India, or much of SE Asia? Their pollution effects the environment, but they take a very "flat-earther," not in my backyard attitude about it.

So..... Again, Republicans view this as a false dichotomy. It is a difficult balancing act in this GLOBAL NEW WORLD.

You massively understate why companies move manufacturing to China, who, contrary to popular belief, does have environmental and safety regulations. But the real reason is usually the insanely reduced labor costs. There is a reason consumer electronics cost less today than they did 25 years ago.

I view environmentalism as the next great opportunity. Even if, for some silly reason, you think pouring metric ton after metric to of toxic fumes into the atmosphere has not changed a thing, that doesn’t mean it never will. And just because China and India don’t play along today doesn’t mean they can’t be fast followers. But if you are a CCD (Climate Change Denier), that doesn’t mean th country shouldn’t work towards processes and products that prevent a future climate change. Sort of like the Green Version of the Cold War, which was an economic win for the US...

"2 messages from the Sunday shows. Covid 19, Trump doesn't take it seriously. Since he criticized the Left, Marxist, Fascists, anarchist, in his speech, he was not inclusive to all Americans. If this makes any sense to you, you must be a Democrat." Chuck Woolery

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    You massively understate why companies move manufacturing to China, who, contrary to popular belief, does have environmental and safety regulations. But the real reason is usually the insanely reduced labor costs. There is a reason consumer electronics cost less today than they did 25 years ago.

I view environmentalism as the next great opportunity. Even if, for some silly reason, you think pouring metric ton after metric to of toxic fumes into the atmosphere has not changed a thing, that doesn’t mean it never will. And just because China and India don’t play along today doesn’t mean they can’t be fast followers. But if you are a CCD (Climate Change Denier), that doesn’t mean th country shouldn’t work towards processes and products that prevent a future climate change. Sort of like the Green Version of the Cold War, which was an economic win for the US...
    Why would China and India follow if they get to keep producing CO2 while producing cheap goods while the USA is doing all the cleanup? What opportunity would they be missing?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Stats are used to lie and deceive by those in power. People in the communities know differently.
    Right. We should believe you rather than statistics. Blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    "2 messages from the Sunday shows. Covid 19, Trump doesn't take it seriously. Since he criticized the Left, Marxist, Fascists, anarchist, in his speech, he was not inclusive to all Americans. If this makes any sense to you, you must be a Democrat." Chuck Woolery
    Let's be inclusive of the Marxist Revolutionaries, or they will go to their safe spaces and cry.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Great argument you got there. Sad how far you’ve fallen.
    He didn't fall

He started there

Legend
    You don't know what you are talking about from your safe haven in Florida.

Who is the jerkoff idiot now?
    Ummm....you are. You have always been a jerkoff idiot.

David Dorn’s family is here on the South Law of WH and he’s getting a standing ovation. He was the St Louis police veteran killed defending his friends shop during the recent looting. #July4th2020

Never mentioned by lamestream media, at the time of his murder or now. Pathetic. That man was a hero. BLM didn't care about the life of that African American.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I think that it is very important that public schools all are funded in a fair and appropriate manner. Regardless of what the studies show though, simply throwing money into any public system is no guarantee of quality. There are so many different factors to be looked at and considered. School budgets are going to be scrutinized as we move forward. The government is going to have to raise taxes due to what is currently going on. My guess is that sadly schools will be cutting and not adding in an attempt just to keep the doors open.

Having dedicated my second career to education, this debate drives me crazy!

The debate is constantly framed as "failing schools." Instead of having an intelligent discussion about why some public schools are "failing kids," it is always described as "FAILING SCHOOLS "

It is NOT that the schools are failing! Schools are simply a reflection of the community. Achievement levels show a very static analysis. Lower test score simply tell small minds that a school is "failing." Period. End of discussion. That school will be targeted, and the discussion ends there. Other than, "what is this school doing wrong," or "how is this school not properly meeting the needs of these kid," there is little if any discussion about why the school is failing.

THESE INNER CITY and many RURAL schools are failing, because the community is failing. No jobs... + more addiction.... + little interest in education.... + Less gray matter... + far lower education levels of parents + collapsing families + single parent households ++++
    all LOGICALLY ADD UP TO "abysmal achievement levels."

SCHOOLS AREN'T 'THE CAUSAL FACTOR!' They are simply a reflection of the community.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    Why would China and India follow if they get to keep producing CO2 while producing cheap goods while the USA is doing all the cleanup? What opportunity would they be missing?
    Excellent question.

Obviously it gets very situational, but if cheaper processes can be developed that create less emissions, they would be on board. (In manufacturing, “cheaper” is a universal motivator.).

They may also be on board if some countries have environmental requirements for imports.

India used to be more on board with environmental policies. Obviously money and jobs changed that. But if it can be found as a benefit...

Legend
    Apparently, the Democrats, Media and CDC had no problem with the mass protests. As long as it fits their agenda.

And, I don't care if Trump wears a mask. There are no studies showing they work anyway. If they work, open up everything. If they work, why social distance? I wear one in stores and feel like an idiot.
    Your assertion that there are no studies that show they work is Factually incorrect. They even protect the wearer (https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0612172200.htm). I am not going to provide more data to prove that they prevent aerosol spread because there is ample data. All you have to do is look. Furthermore, unless you think that Fauci etc are a bunch of idiots their advice is to wear a mask. The fact that they work is undeniable, but they do not work 100% of the time. Hence, social distancing and hand washing are also important. Just like the CDC recommends.
    As far as T Rump not wearing one, I just wonder how many jackasses follow the lead of the Chief Jackass and don't wear one because he doesn't wear one. How many more deaths does he have on his bloody hands because he consistently models shitty behavior?
    I have no problem with mass protests as long as masks are worn and social distance maintained-and people get tested after attending one, but not a single poster here thinks that violent protests are justified.

Dude,

The first thing I talked about is the cost of labor, and the de facto "slave labor" problem.

I totally agree with you on this, and if environmentalists TRULY CARE about the environment, THEY WOULD JUMP ON the bandwagon being led by Republicans, Conservatives, and Trump to put pressure on China in leveling the playing field. The cheap labor ... almost slave wages.... ignored by most, is the #1 driving force in manufacturing abroad. Regulations are #2. ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS #2/3.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Excellent question.

Obviously it gets very situational, but if cheaper processes can be developed that create less emissions, they would be on board. (In manufacturing, “cheaper” is a universal motivator.).

They may also be on board if some countries have environmental requirements for imports.

India used to be more on board with environmental policies. Obviously money and jobs changed that. But if it can be found as a benefit...
    But those things (cheaper processes and environmental requirements on imports) are very speculative at this point. If a cheaper process comes along, everyone will jump on it.

Nice try. First of all, the information came from the NY Times which is a left wing, communist, Trump hating, America hating rag. Totally uncredible.

Secondly, the numbers they cite, were after COVID was detected but well before the WHO declared any kind of Global pandemic and well before the Democrats wanted to do anything.

Third: The number of passengers flying directly into the U.S. from China was significantly reduced after President Trump issued a travel ban on Jan. 31 – the day after the World Health Organization declared a global health emergency.

He had to let some people in, i.e. American Citizens and they did quarantine.
    They did not quarantine those who came from China. Many who came state they were not even questioned or were asked very basic questions and were not even told to voluntarily seal quarantine- a major blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Ummm....you are. You have always been a jerkoff idiot.
    You should get banned again, seriously. He put you on ignore and you keep it up with these unprovoked attacks.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.