Register now to remove this ad

Page 321 of 644 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I don't know a lot about the communities in any of those cities, but NYC had a long run of Republican mayors (Gilliani and Bloomberg [sort of]) until deBlasio and I think that the quality of life in the black communities in NYC improved during that period, and under deBlasio it is deteriorating again. However, the black communities in those cities that have had an unbroken line of Democrat control for 50-60 years are in the worst condition.
    You really have blinders on. Its BS that democrats are wholly responsible for the racism and crime in cities. Another example of BS far right politics:

DEMOCRATS=BAD

REPUBLICANS=GOOD

Right?

People like you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
    Last edited by FredLynn; 07-06-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Nobody is suggesting those that break laws go unpunished, yet you persist.
    You are serious I understand but really - I'm that one who persists? Was this a response to you by the way?

The newest trend of the far left on social media is to put an asterisk on Trump's name as if he is a curse word. They also said the Electoral College is a partisan system designed by Republicans for Republicans to assure their candidates would win even if voters went a different way. So many things wrong with that assertion. I don't even know where to start. I agree it's outdated and needs to be replaced, but if what they are saying were true, we would have never had a single Democratic president. TDS is real, folks. Not just on this site
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    No, I don't know your story nor you mine. There are several events in my family's life I wish on nobody, too.

My comment about our comfort in the "middle ground" was directed at me as much as anyone else who has benefited from some sort of privilege.

I will say, I feel you and others often put words in my mouth that just aren't true, but I guess that's something heated arguments tend to bring out from all sides. in trying to explain why blacks feel wronged, I don't think bring up wide disparities in sentencing based on race is "turning this into black vs white," because obviously plenty of white people see the injustice of the system, too.

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling you either don'y believe the disparate numbers or it doesn't matter to you. Pardon me, if it sounded like I assumed the latter. I didn't mean to imply that. I do think too many Americans do not care, but they have a right to their opinions and beliefs.

I will also say, I've never called you or anyone here ignorant, naive, parochial, or things like Marxist or nation hater. (You have not called me these things.) I've been called an Obama lover so many times, I lost count, despite me saying over and over that I did not vote for him and was highly critical of him for 8+ years.

Things in general matter very much to me. A true understanding that oppositional thoughts and ideas have merit is what I am particularly interested in. 2 things in my life that i think that I'm near the top of the food chain on - golf and coaching basketball. After that- I'm not really sure whether i am right or wrong about a lot of things. I listen and draw my conclusions based on the comments that are made. I have a great liberal bent in my spirit. The but is that there are different ways and perspectives to view many things. i love this country for what it has enabled me to accomplish, and i bet that a majority of the people of various colors likely feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The newest trend of the far left on social media is to put an asterisk on Trump's name as if he is a curse word. They also said the Electoral College is a partisan system designed by Republicans for Republicans to assure their candidates would win even if voters went a different way. So many things wrong with that assertion. I don't even know where to start. I agree it's outdated and needs to be replaced, but if what they are saying were true, we would have never had a single Democratic president. TDS is real, folks. Not just on this site
    The was no Republican Party at the time the Constitution was ratified. So, how do they contend that Republicans designed it?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The was no Republican Party at the time the Constitution was ratified. So, how do they contend that Republicans designed it?
    No idea. I haven't engaged a single one of them. I don't want to unfollow them, because a few of them are my friends, and I'm not just going to stop being friends with somebody because of their political views. I also don't want to unfollow them, because then I fear I will only see content that I agree with, which is also very dangerous. I'm trying to quietly understand some of their points of view and reasoning behind some of these things, but each day, it seems like they get more farfetched.

The girl who posted this, however, is a mere acquaintance. Sat behind me in a couple of accounting classes. I can probably unfollow her
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany claimed Monday that President Donald Trump doesn’t have an opinion on the Confederate flag.

Earlier, T Rump tweeted: "That & Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!"
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No idea. I haven't engaged a single one of them. I don't want to unfollow them, because a few of them are my friends, and I'm not just going to stop being friends with somebody because of their political views. I also don't want to unfollow them, because then I fear I will only see content that I agree with, which is also very dangerous. I'm trying to quietly understand some of their points of view and reasoning behind some of these things, but each day, it seems like they get more farfetched.

The girl who posted this, however, is a mere acquaintance. Sat behind me in a couple of accounting classes. I can probably unfollow her
    Read the Federalist papers specifically 68.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The sad part is that if no cops were involved , nobody cares . Except for the families of the victims .
    EXACTLY! If you don't have an "other," i.e. a cop or some white guy to blame it on, there is no outrage.

WHEN are those in the inner city going to show some outrage over the black on black crime, violence, and murder, which is at EPIDEMIC LEVELS in those communities.

THE SAD FACT is that if Democrats don't have a cop, a Republican, or maybe some rich white guy... now the amorphous "white privileg" to blame it on, they simply don't give a shit. If they can't demagogue the issue, use it to create a proper villain, and a large voting block of victims, they could care less.

Hillary once made the mistake of calling the gang banging mass murderers in inner cities, a "super-predator," which they obviously are. She made the CLASSIC MISTAKE of blaming a few evil blacks, within the inner city black community, of being a major problem. Again... if course she was right! BUT.... She learned a lesson she will never repeat again! NEVER BLAME SOMEONE YOU CAN JUST AS EASILY LUMP INTO A VICTIM COMMUNITY.

Now.... There is no going back! There will never again be an honest discussion about problems plaguing inner-city black communities!

* HENCE, THERE WILL NEVER AGAIN BE ANY REAL OR REALISTIC SOLUTIONS! The time for real dialogue is over, and an entire block and race of victims will be held hostage as victims evermore. Crime will never go down, as policing will be eased force. The worst force imaginable! They will force cops to back WAY OFF, and crime will expose! Democrats will force the nation to accept that the only ones worth blaming are the cops & "white privilege."
    CRIME, MURDER, GANG VIOLENCE will explode, and with their Propaganda Ministry, Democrats will force only one narrative on us. "Inner-City African Americans are ALL VICTIMS, and only we have the money to fix it."

Inner-city violence and crime WILL SKYROCKET no matter how many goodies they throw at this TRUE VICTIM community!

Democrats don't want to solve inner-city crime, violence, gang banging, murder, collateral damage....
    THEY WANT TO USE IT.

This Liberal Progressive Democrat Party, 100% supported by their msm Propaganda Ministry is THE MOST DANGEROUS political movement to face this country in over 150 years! This is but one clear example!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    You really have blinders on. Its BS that democrats are wholly responsible for the racism and crime in cities. Another example of BS far right politics:

DEMOCRATS=BAD

REPUBLICANS=GOOD

Right?

HARDLY! The Republican Party has more problems than I could possibly discuss in one post, but they sure as shit do not want to risk actually bringing down this GREAT UNION.... THIS DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC... for pure political gain.

THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN Trump right now, is THIS FAR-Left lurching Liberal Progressive Democrat Party, that is willing to bring it all down for political gain.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    You are serious I understand but really - I'm that one who persists? Was this a response to you by the way?
    I meant nobody posting here wants crimes to go unpunished, although Elk thinks I do, Ted thinks Biden and his followers are Marxists, and ...
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I need someone to explain this to me.

https://twitter.com/realgbctroyny/status/1277413492857999366?s=20
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It's no use with you.

The double speak and name calling is ceaseless.

You never answer any questions.

You can join '75 in my dog house. That should make you happy.
    Moon,

You turned on me PERSONALLY, BIG TIME when I started posting consistently "Right of Center" perspectives, to counter what I saw as hysterical Trump Derangement Syndrome, blame Trump, blame Republicans, and even blame America First, Left Wing perspectives.

At first you countered. You tried arguing the substantive issue....

When you could not change my perspectives, you started with the ad hominems. You stopped trying to counter my opinions on SUBSTANTIVE ISSUES, and you attacked my character and very person. You do it to everyone you can't flip with you relatively bright mind and power of statistical and informational persuasion.

You like to play the intellectual, but when you can not change someone's mind, you immediately start with the personal insults, personal attacks, the name calling, vilification, demonization, etc.... Whatever it would take to marginalize someone willing to stand up to your Left Wing narrative.

You are either very delusional, or you do this purposefully.

Personally..... I think you simply do it because you get so frustrated when you can not make others think like you. It's the lazy intellectual's ultimate Trump card. Sure! Dumb people go ad hominem more quickly, but a relatively bright intellectual like yourself really knows how to turn the screws. You are not at all afraid of painting your debate enemy a "racist, bigot, homophobe, sexist, misogynist, beo-Nazi co-conspirator." Whatever it takes to marginalize and shut them up.

YES! MANY OF US HERE ATTACK Liberal Progressivism, and other ideologies we see as threats to this union! I make no apologies for attacking an ideology! It is what smart people do.

You? You always go ad hominem FIRST. ALWAYS. In a political argument, it immediately drops your IQ.
    Last edited by Sox75; 07-06-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    HARDLY! The Republican Party has more problems than I could possibly discuss in one post, but they sure as shit do not want to risk actually bringing down this GREAT UNION.... THIS DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC... for pure political gain.

THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN Trump right now, is THIS FAR-Left lurching Liberal Progressive Democrat Party, that is willing to bring it all down for political gain.
    The far left IMO is just as bad as the far right. However, T Rump is a step below any of them. He has prioritized getting re-elected over human life. I will never forgive him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post

DEMOCRATS=BAD

REPUBLICANS=GOOD

Right?

Per Charlie KirK:

July Fourth Weekend was a bloodbath in US cities:

Chicago—80 Americans shot, 17 killed
    New York City—64 Americans shot, 10 killed
    Philadelphia—31 Americans shot, 7 killed
    Atlanta—28 Americans shot, 4 killed

What do they all have in common?

They're all run by Democrat Mayors