Register now to remove this ad

Page 312 of 644 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I understand where you are coming with this but I surely do not think of Biden as anything but a capitalist. Never have. But that is certainly not going to change my thinking about the power that likely exists in the extreme left of the democratic party. if they cannot have one of their own, Biden is the next best thing. Even better than Bernie.
    Biden will be whatever he thinks he needs to be. Biden is a weather vane

I understand where you are coming with this but I surely do not think of Biden as anything but a capitalist. Never have. But that is certainly not going to change my thinking about the power that likely exists in the extreme left of the democratic party. if they cannot have one of their own, Biden is the next best thing. Even better than Bernie.
    If Biden's VP is more to the left than he is, I am genuinely concerned because Biden has a relatively high chance of dying in office
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    Many of us do not like the President but if not choosing to criticize him on this forum makes anyone far right or perhaps people in general, I guess that I would have to say that in your eyes it might be likely that a good portion of this country is far right.
    He chooses to ignore what the president has done wrong. I have not heard him criticize Trump once. As for why I think he is far right, here are a few of his posts:

1. (referring, I presume, to the left)
    "Let's be inclusive of the Marxist Revolutionaries, or they will go to their safe spaces and cry."

2. "BLM is a Marxist organization that is not helping black communities to improve the quality of life and opportunities. I would give money to known hoaxer Al Sharpton before I would give to BLM. Sure."

3. "Yes, decade upon decades of Democrat Policies has wrecked their communities. I can’t dispute that"

4. "I agree. I don't think he will set foot on a debate stage with President Trump."

5. "Doubling and tripling down on this foolishness. Biden can't read a simple sentence, and he could ever write one as he plagiarized everything."

6. "There is no comparing Biden to Trump when it comes to cognitive ability. You just look as foolish as Biden looks addled when you try."

7. "Trump was right... again, and the douchebag Governors that prevented doctors from prescribing the medication should be sued by anyone in their states who died and didn't get that medication due to..."

8. "How many journalists and News anchors are from the Obama Administration or the Clinton Administration? Let me know when you stop counting."

9. "And Trump was somehow supposed to stop the virus from getting to the US .... like all those European countries did... like the rest of the world did? No. The governors were presented with the same..."

10. "If Trump had been pushing the masks, the 24/7 Hate Trump media would have been intent on proving that masks kill. There would have been mask burning parties"

11. "This is the guy who will change America? LOL! A corrupt, racist career politician with no accomplishments."

12."Has there been a Republican President or Presidential Candidate that the Dems didn’t apoplectically accuse of being a racist? They are such one trick ponies. After they are out of office the media..."

There are many more examples. The theme is: Trump is good; Biden is bad. The Governors are responsible for the deaths in their states; Trump bears no responsibility. Democrats are bad. Etc etc That is the narrative of the far right.

Look, 700 is free to be far right if he wants to, and he is free to express that opinion here. And I am free to offer a counter argument.
    Last edited by FredLynn; 07-05-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    You have it wrong again. I never said that you "pick on only me." What are we in third grade? I called you out for hypocrisy. Two people used the same insults toward each other. You called out the person who did it in reply, not the poster who initiated it. That is hypocrisy. Pick on whoever you like, but when it is directed at me, get it right.
    Your in post 4587:
    "But both of you hypocrites only called me out."

1.I never said you provoked him, in fact I said I didn't see any provocation from you.
    2. I was not calling either of you out for the personal attack. I was just laughing at the fact that you had just used that slur several times recently, then went bonkers when someone used it against you. I thought that was funny, and I laughed my as off, hence my "lmao".
    3. You keep telling me to lighten up, but when I crack up at something that I doubt I am the only one to find funny, you get all serious and whiny.

Look, no "side" here seriously calls out those on "their side," except for maybe '75, and when they do it is rare and usually with a much milder tone. I,for one, have sent some personal messages to a few posters "on both sides" that I thought might listen to try and cool things down.

Have Fred and others hurled slurs and personal attacks at other posters? Hell yes. Have I? Not so much lately, but I have- mostly calling someone a "clown" or their position "clownish". I've said worse a while back, and so I can understand someone thinking I deserve it, but some of the insults hurled at me have come from posters I know I never personally attacked, but such is life in this politically charged nation, right now.

I've tried hard to keep the name-calling down, despite being called many names over the past few weeks.

I'm not whining. I've said some inflammatory things, especially in the heat of a moment here and there.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Regarding kneeling, I'm going to be put in an interesting situation this year. I sit in the front row of the student section for literally every UConn basketball game, men and women. I personally wouldn't kneel, but I don't have a problem with those who do. But, being in the front row, the spotlight is on me. Will I look bad and take a lot of shit if I refuse to kneel? You can guarantee a chunk of my fellow students will be kneeling.
    I,personally, will never kneel for the Anthem. I kneel for God and that's it. He who kneels for everything won't stand for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Same thing can be said for the other side times a million.
    Nice one. Deflect the accusation of deflection.

Yes, the "other side" does deflect a lot, too, but honestly, I've never seen a president or his spokesmen pass the buck, deflect and distract from the question or point brought up than T Rump & Co.

I'm sure you see it differently, but I loved your reply.

Classic.

I,personally, will never kneel for the Anthem. I kneel for God and that's it. He who kneels for everything won't stand for anything.
    I kneel when a football player gets hurt at a HS football game. I'm not really praying when doing that, because I don't believe God answers those sorts of prayers that ask for him to intervene, but I'm sure many are praying.

Am I wrong for doing that?

I can understand people taking the kneeling the way they do, but I really don't think the people doing it are being disrespectful in their own minds. I think they kneel out of respect to a cause they think is being ignored or forgotten. No way am I trying to convince or force anyone to agree with them or change how they view it. It's a powder keg issue, and I guess they think it's a peaceful way to get everyone's attention. I'm not sure of how many other peaceful measures get that much attention.

It didn't really work,either, so there's that part about it, too.

One thing this nation has always allowed is for us to project our views to or on others.

Personally,I would not kneel, even though I agree with a lot of the points BLM make, but I'd never think anyone "who kneels for everything won't stand for anything." But, we are free to think what we want and say what we want and do what we want, unless it directly harms someone. That's one thing that makes our nation so great! (BTW, those who kneeled or supported kneeling are "standing" for something, now.)

We can agree to disagree without having a war to solve everything or by throwing those who disagree in jail.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 07-05-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I think we can stipulate that not a single poster thinks that violence during protests is justified. No one. There are other ways to get the job done, like kneeling for the national anthem. It has NOTHING to do with disrespecting this country; it has EVERYTHING to do with police brutality perpetrated on minorities. It is a peaceful way to get your point across; no one gets hurt. If I ever get the chance to do it, I will-and I love this country. For the record, hanging in my front yard is a Black Lives Matter sign.....racism has to stop.
    BLM is a Marxist organization who wants to overthrow the government. They want to get rid of police, jails, prisons, the court system, the nuclear family. So you support Marxism?

I'm just so glad to find out ...

The virus is "99% harmless!"

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I think we can stipulate that not a single poster thinks that violence during protests is justified. No one. There are other ways to get the job done, like kneeling for the national anthem. It has NOTHING to do with disrespecting this country; it has EVERYTHING to do with police brutality perpetrated on minorities. It is a peaceful way to get your point across; no one gets hurt. If I ever get the chance to do it, I will-and I love this country. For the record, hanging in my front yard is a Black Lives Matter sign.....racism has to stop.
    Per Charlie KirK:

67 people were shot and 13 have been killed in Chicago over the weekend, including a 7-year-old girl

When will BLM Inc. organize protests against the Democrat Mayor for the countless black lives lost every weekend?

Do their lives not matter, too?

BLM is a Marxist organization who wants to overthrow the government. They want to get rid of police, jails, prisons, the court system, the nuclear family. So you support Marxism?
    1. You are wrong about BLM.
    2. I said I agree with some of their points.
    3. I happen to agree there is a middle ground.

We have way too many people in jail- many for harmless things- many blacks for doing the same things whites are not in jail for.
    We have more than just a few bad apples, and the ones who are are usually protected by themselves and their union.
    We have an unjust court system, and almost everyone knows it. People with money and power get off from OJ to Epstein to Wall St'ers.
    Many families are being ripped apart by needless deaths and unfair imprisonment. One could argue our system, now rips families apart.

I'm not for ending the police, but serious reforms are needed.
    I'm not for ending jails or prisons, but I am for letting many go free, despite how that will really hurt those getting filthy rich over many prisons.
    I am for major overhauls with our court system, starting with the bail laws that keep many poor people (mostly black) in jail because unlike rich people, they can't buy their way out.
    BLM is not for getting rid of the nuclear family. Is that something Breitbart told you or did you read their manifesto? (Oh, and by the way, BLM is a splintered group- not some central Marxist group that shares all of the same beliefs, so even if you did read something like that, it does not mean everyone supporting BLM supports every faction or every tenent of their movement.)

Per Charlie KirK:

67 people were shot and 13 have been killed in Chicago over the weekend, including a 7-year-old girl

When will BLM Inc. organize protests against the Democrat Mayor for the countless black lives lost every weekend?

I saw that on CNN.

Blaming the Dems for these murders is really sick.

(see: no deflection to T Rump, here.)

"I mean, WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO LOSE?"

(How about their lives?)

Legend
    Come on...really? You know better. BLM is trying to address the long standing issue of police brutality towards people of color. Do you have a link or some sort of proof that their agenda is what you claim it is? Be realistic: no one is going to get rid of the court system, jails, prisons, or the nuclear family. No one is even going to try. Its possible that they want to defund the police; I can understand that, though I do not agree with it. Its hard to imaging what people of color think when they see the red light illuminated on a cop car about to pull them over...unless you are actually a person of color. Dismissing their concerns without walking a mile in their shoes is close minded IMO.

Legend
    Per Charlie KirK:

I wrote that not a single poster thinks violence during protests is justified; Charlie Kirk does not post here. I am sure that out there there are some people who want a military solution to the racism problem. I just don't see anyone on this forum in that category.