Register now to remove this ad

Page 500 of 563 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 8437

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Tons of people are out of work. They may not need the full $600, but I know one thing: no payroll tax cut is going to help anyone not working and not paying payroll taxes, right now.

Are these guys for real?

I'd be laughing out loud, if it wasn't such a tragic misconception being sold to America, and it appears many are drinking the Kool-Aid.

Both sides are trying to tack on unrelated spending.

Evictions start, tomorrow. Landlords won't wait for the moratorium to be extended. Waiting one day will be way too late. I'd say these guys don't get it, but they do, and that's what is so sickening. They know what waiting just one day will cause.

The anger in the streets is just warming up.

Thanks T Rump.

Thanks GOP. Thanks Dems.

Thanks government. It's so shocking anyone would want to do without you! Keep it up, and they'll be more than you can handle.

Blame Antifa and anarchists, but we all see who is crushing this great nation.

It's clear as day.
    Don't get me started on tacking on bullcrap to any of these bills. I get it you try to maximize you wins, but this is not the time.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Tons of people are out of work. They may not need the full $600, but I know one thing: no payroll tax cut is going to help anyone not working and not paying payroll taxes, right now.

Are these guys for real?

I'd be laughing out loud, if it wasn't such a tragic misconception being sold to America, and it appears many are drinking the Kool-Aid.

Both sides are trying to tack on unrelated spending.

Evictions start, tomorrow. Landlords won't wait for the moratorium to be extended. Waiting one day will be way too late. I'd say these guys don't get it, but they do, and that's what is so sickening. They know what waiting just one day will cause.

The anger in the streets is just warming up.

Thanks T Rump.

Thanks GOP. Thanks Dems.

Thanks government. It's so shocking anyone would want to do without you! Keep it up, and they'll be more than you can handle.

Blame Antifa and anarchists, but we all see who is crushing this great nation.

It's clear as day.
    I got this website where we can join the anarchist party. Let me know, I'll sign up if you sign up. It almost seems better than these chumps who say they are looking out for us. This partisan stay in power bullcrap needs to end.
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I know, I'm just bored. What interests me is where this person gets this stuff. Bad information or fake information is killing not only this country but the worlds population.
    They get so pissed when the left links the whole conservative or right wing of the political spectrum to what one extremist says or much of what T Rump says, but they have no problem thinking Antifa or BLM are centralized organizations with one single voice representing everyone.

1. Neither is a centralized organization. They are a bunch of loosly related and scattered organizations, at most.
    2. Both are movements by thousands of individuals with a few regional organizations tagging along or joining in.
    3. The assumption that every protester is part of Antifa and/or BLM is just plain dead wrong, and even if they all were, what one protester shouts or destroys does not mean all the others support or agree with what was shouted or destroyed.

It seems so simple to see that, but maybe it makes it easier for the right to justify everything by linking them all together into "those people."

So, some people or organization comes out in support of the BLM goals and some or most of their suggestions/demands (like the NBA), and some guy throws a Molotov cocktail and instantly, he's labeled BLM, and anyone who supports that movement's goals, are by association, guilty of supporting violence, destruction of property or disrespecting police. They are blind to the disconnect.

Black lives do matter. If you don't think they do, or you don't support the idea that they do, then the "bye bye" should apply to you.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Don't get me started on tacking on bullcrap to any of these bills. I get it you try to maximize you wins, but this is not the time.
    It's like the whole US government is bending over backwards to drive people to despise the government and ultimately, anarchy.

It's been a strategy of the GOP for decades.
    The attacks on the integrity of our democracy have made their mark.
    The concerted efforts to disenfranchise millions of citizens, mostly the poor and minorities have left their mark.
    The bending over backwards to protect businesses and the ultra-rich while the lower and middle class can barely stay afloat has left a mark.
    The centuries long continued injustices and institutional discrimination has passed the mark sparked the pent up anger in more than just those out on the streets.

Inadequate healthcare and lack of public safety nets almost every advanced nation in the world affords to their people has come to a climax during this pandemic.
    Near total abdication of leadership and communal responsibility by our government, from top to bottom has been exposed for all to see, if they take their heads out of the sand, that is.

You can see more and more people are beginning to see the light, and that scares the hell out of those who have held the power and control for decades and decades.

Flexing your muscles will only flame the fires. You've crossed too many marks to turn back the tide.

Your time has come.

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Peacefully, though.
    If you want to talk about fringe wacko people on each side, then we can have a field day on both sides. Just let me know if you want me to start posting fringe wacko stuff that happens on each side and we can all make judgements on what each side thinks of each other based on fringed wackos on each side. I'll start with mass murders of churches that are frequented by black people.
    In our yellow submarine

Honest to God Pike.

You are the biggest & oldest TROLL I've ever seen.

Do you have anything else in your life?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Thatís not what freedom of speech is...
    Please explain, Quippy.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Deity
    Please explain, Quippy.
    Freedom of speech doesnít mean to u can say whatever you want without consequence. It means you can say whatever you want without legal consequence.

The Biden Bashers who cite every misquote as proof of dementia, but ignore those standards or even make excuses when Trump says equally or even more stupid stuff should understand this...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Freedom of speech doesn’t mean to u can say whatever you want without consequence. It means you can say whatever you want without legal consequence.
    What I was specifically talking about was the 'cancel culture' environment where people are losing their jobs for saying things like 'all lives matter'.

Do you find any of this to a be an affront to freedom of speech?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Andy Ngo:"Antifa are trashing a southeast Portland residential neighborhood in an effort to slow down Portland Police who are moving them away from the facility they were attacking with glass bottles. #PortlandRiots"

That's the Left for you.

“Joe Biden actually wants to raise taxes over $7 trillion on the American people.”—
    @ErinMPerrine

Wow! Good Bye America if Sleepy Joe gets in.

What I was specifically talking about was the 'cancel culture' environment where people are losing their jobs for saying things like 'all lives matter'.

Do you find any of this to a be an affront to freedom of speech?
    That begs the question, "Can you say anything without risking your job?"

Can you tell your boss, "You suck!" Even if he does?

The debate is about what should be allowed to be said without consequences.

While I find saying "All lives matter" is dismissive and disrespectful, I don't think someone should lose their job over saying it in public.

Then again, I don't think government whistle-blowers should either.
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    “Joe Biden actually wants to raise taxes over $7 trillion on the American people.”—
    @ErinMPerrine

Wow! Good Bye America if Sleepy Joe gets in.
    Who exactly do YOU think should be paying for the deficit created largely by the current administration? Your grandkids? That hardly seems fair. Taxes are going to have to go up eventually. The deficit is real.

Wow . Looking at some of the late night posts from Moonslav and SoxHop . These guys have gone over the edge . Crazy stuff . Hopefully , they were drunk . I don't think this stuff is appropriate for TalkSox . This thread needs to end .

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Wow . Looking at some of the late night posts from Moonslav and SoxHop . These guys have gone over the edge . Crazy stuff . Hopefully , they were drunk . I don't think this stuff is appropriate for TalkSox . This thread needs to end .
    This thread is ONLY a place to vent. Its not to be taken too seriously, as you know. With the situation in this country being what it is I think that this thread serves a purpose.....a catharsis from some of the tension all of us feel. My suspicion is that if we were all to gather in a room or at a BBQ after this disaster is over we would get along just fine, at least most of us would, and that the language being used here would not be used in a face to face meeting. My vote is to keep it open. Those who want to stay here and vent, have at it. Those who find it too offensive have the option of leaving whenever they want.