Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    hey... you say tomato, I say tomato.

Yeah that works real well in text...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    LOL :0 I hear ya!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Not surprisingly, Trump said he won’t support a second shutdown for a second wave. If that was the plan from the beginning, it would be understandable, but why shut down in the first place if you don’t understand the shutdown’s purpose? We got hit with COVID towards the end of winter. This means that the nice weather comes out and at the very least, we can distance outside and still enjoy others’ company. When the weather takes a downturn again and people are forced back inside, this beast will become unmanageable. People will get cabin fever and we will see parties where not one or two people get infected, but 30-40. This is the problem with Donald. He stands for nothing. His decision making is so scattered that he changes as the wind blows.

We are going to hit and leave 100K dead in the dust. As I said before, the 1918 flu pandemic had three waves with the second being far and away the most deadly. Buckle up everyone. Trump will be the president at least through the first few months of the second wave, which means we will have to react to his response rather than prepare for it.

This may or may not be the most appropriate thread but: tremendous kudos to Tiger Wod, Phil Mickelson Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning and everyone who had a part in that golf match yesterday. It was a real morale boost and raised a healthy amount for charity.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Not surprisingly, Trump said he won’t support a second shutdown for a second wave. If that was the plan from the beginning, it would be understandable, but why shut down in the first place if you don’t understand the shutdown’s purpose? We got hit with COVID towards the end of winter. This means that the nice weather comes out and at the very least, we can distance outside and still enjoy others’ company. When the weather takes a downturn again and people are forced back inside, this beast will become unmanageable. People will get cabin fever and we will see parties where not one or two people get infected, but 30-40. This is the problem with Donald. He stands for nothing. His decision making is so scattered that he changes as the wind blows.

We are going to hit and leave 100K dead in the dust. As I said before, the 1918 flu pandemic had three waves with the second being far and away the most deadly. Buckle up everyone. Trump will be the president at least through the first few months of the second wave, which means we will have to react to his response rather than prepare for it.
    The fact that our country still doesn’t have a real plan from the WH is....embarrassing. Based on the videos being shown on various media outlets with hordes of people gathering without masks or social distancing the 2nd wave is coming and coming hard.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    This may or may not be the most appropriate thread but: tremendous kudos to Tiger Wod, Phil Mickelson Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning and everyone who had a part in that golf match yesterday. It was a real morale boost and raised a healthy amount for charity.
    You're ok here -- "Anything goes" -- which, to me, definitely includes things people are doing, watching, talking about, wondering about, and worrying about during this crisis.

Agreed on the golf for charity; I think what also made it meaningful is that it was the really the first live U.S. sports event of any kind in months for fans and viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    The fact that our country still doesn’t have a real plan from the WH is....embarrassing. Based on the videos being shown on various media outlets with hordes of people gathering without masks or social distancing the 2nd wave is coming and coming hard.
    You obviously haven't been listening to Drs Fauci, Brix, Hahn and the other federal public health physicians. When the media has asked they have given very specific steps that are to be taken. Moreover the USG is now stockpiling both PPE and ventilators among other necessary items.
    The Democratic s plan is perpetual shutdown until lives are ruined through non covid 19 related health issues and any hope of economic recovery is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    This is destined to go down in history as the one worst part of this administration, when Trump failed the country by never providing a definitive, consistent cohesive national plan during a deadly pandemic. Instead, he'll be remembered for denials, lies, finger-pointing, ignorance, intimidation, refusals, and name-calling rants in speeches and on social media.

You obviously haven't been listening to Drs Fauci, Brix, Hahn and the other federal public health physicians. When the media has asked they have given very specific steps that are to be taken. Moreover the USG is now stockpiling both PPE and ventilators among other necessary items.
    The Democratic s plan is perpetual shutdown until lives are ruined through non covid 19 related health issues and any hope of economic recovery is destroyed.
    Fauci's boss -- who has 36 years less expertise on infectious diseases -- publicly disagreed with the cautions regarding our children and ordered schools to open asap.

Deity

So the options are:

1. The Republican plan to open everything up and resume business as usual as if this never happened, and if a few thousand people die, hey, shit happens
    2. The Democratic Plan to hibernate until this blows over and then the survivors can rebuild civilization.

Nice choices...

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Fauci's boss -- who has 36 years less expertise on infectious diseases -- publicly disagreed with the cautions regarding our children and ordered schools to open asap.
    I must have missed that. When and where did the President ORDER schools to open.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    This is destined to go down in history as the one worst part of this administration, when Trump failed the country by never providing a definitive, consistent cohesive national plan during a deadly pandemic. Instead, he'll be remembered for denials, lies, finger-pointing, ignorance, intimidation, refusals, and name-calling rants in speeches and on social media.
    As someone who spent a good part of both my federal and state career crisis management planning. There is no such animal as definitive EAPs like you suggested above. EAPs give guidelines and broad strategies and some specific steps in very specific circumstances. While it has been years since I last read either a federal or state disaster planning document, what I saw in the way this crisis evolved was consistent with the plans I was last familiar with. Moreover as the saying goes no plan and I repeat no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy which is why the emphasis is EAPs is always on the coordinating bodies which need to be set up to to work to resolve the issues which arise during the crisis such as insufficient ventilators.

So the options are:

1. The Republican plan to open everything up and resume business as usual as if this never happened, and if a few thousand people die, hey, shit happens
    2. The Democratic Plan to hibernate until this blows over and then the survivors can rebuild civilization.

Nice choices...
    I think you completely misstate number one. But you are right about one thing, in a crisis you usually have to choose between the lesser of two evils. And there always will be casualties.

Deity
    I think you completely misstate number one. But you are right about one thing, in a crisis you usually have to choose between the lesser of two evils. And there always will be casualties.
    Actually Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and Glenn Beck both overtly said seniors should be willing to accept the risk of death as long as it’s for the economy. Dr. Oz even casually stated re-opening the school would only cause a 2-3% increase in students’ deaths.

It’s easy to merely accept these casualties when they’re complete strangers...

Actually Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and Glenn Beck both overtly said seniors should be willing to accept the risk of death as long as it’s for the economy. Dr. Oz even casually stated re-opening the school would only cause a 2-3% increase in students’ deaths.

It’s easy to merely accept these casualties when they’re complete strangers...
    Dr. Oz didn't say a 2-3% increase in students' deaths, he said a 2-3% increase in total population deaths.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.