Register now to remove this ad

Page 310 of 644 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    1. There is no place for violently protesting in today's world. Comparing 1776 to condone rioting and looting is apples and oranges. Not a good argument.

2. I think there are other ways to get a point across without kneeling for the National Anthem. That is a disgrace. If they really want to get their point across, don't play in the game. Disrespecting the flag of this great country is a horrible idea. It turns off so many people. Millions of Americans (me included) who are avid sports fans will tune out the NBA, NFL, etc. if they all kneel for the anthem. I've watched my last NBA game and I used to go to one or two a year and watch a lot of games.
    I think we can stipulate that not a single poster thinks that violence during protests is justified. No one. There are other ways to get the job done, like kneeling for the national anthem. It has NOTHING to do with disrespecting this country; it has EVERYTHING to do with police brutality perpetrated on minorities. It is a peaceful way to get your point across; no one gets hurt. If I ever get the chance to do it, I will-and I love this country. For the record, hanging in my front yard is a Black Lives Matter sign.....racism has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    So how does everyone feel about schools beginning each day with the Pledge? I never forced students to recite it, but I took it as disrespectful if a kid refused to even stand up (this was public education they were getting, after all, paid for by our taxes).
    It's the same thing as the flag and the anthem. It's a symbolic gesture.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Beautiful post. I can't say my view on this was as clear as yours. Like I said, I get why they're doing it, and fully understand it. It's not something I would personally do, but I still support it
    It is their right. I support people exercising their rights. But they can't tell me how to interpret it, because I interpret it from my own perspective coming from a long line of people who have served. I support their right to protest, but they have no right to tell me how to interpret it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    If calling people by their wrong usernames was your worst offense, I wouldn't be having a problem with you. You know some of the things you've said, even today:

Attachment 1034

Attachment 1035
    I will respond by saying this; if everyone agreed right now to stop with the disrespect and name calling-everyone-sign me up too. Its not that hard. Look at the other thread. Rarely is there a flareup.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I will respond by saying this; if everyone agreed right now to stop with the disrespect and name calling-everyone-sign me up too. Its not that hard. Look at the other thread. Rarely is there a flareup.
    We say that all the time, and then you go and ruin it by butting into other people's conversations and calling a700hitter a jerkoff. Everything was going along fine today until you showed up and went off on him. Quite frankly, if you ignored everything he said, I don't think most people would have a problem with you.

This thread is pretty clear of disrespect and name-calling. You and Elk are the two major ring-leaders in that column. Sox75 and Slasher aren't too far behind, but I've seldom had a problem with something either of them said.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I think we can stipulate that not a single poster thinks that violence during protests is justified. No one. There are other ways to get the job done, like kneeling for the national anthem. It has NOTHING to do with disrespecting this country; it has EVERYTHING to do with police brutality perpetrated on minorities. It is a peaceful way to get your point across; no one gets hurt. If I ever get the chance to do it, I will-and I love this country. For the record, hanging in my front yard is a Black Lives Matter sign.....racism has to stop.
    Just to add: not one single poster advocated that protesting without masks was ever a good idea -- or not moronic... or especially condoned by Trump's deranged detractors or deranged Trump supporters. But I do recall watching video of looters in NYC all wearing masks (I guess we can't call them idiots).

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It is their right. I support people exercising their rights. But they can't tell me how to interpret it, because I interpret it from my own perspective coming from a long line of people who have served. I support their right to protest, but they have no right to tell me how to interpret it.
    That's a great attitude to have on the issue. I've found myself saying the same thing a lot recently when it comes to the BLM protests. I support their right to be out there, but too many of my far left friends are trying to dictate that we interpret it the way they want us to

Legend
    We say that all the time, and then you go and ruin it by butting into other people's conversations and calling a700hitter a jerkoff. Everything was going along fine today until you showed up and went off on him. Quite frankly, if you ignored everything he said, I don't think most people would have a problem with you.

This thread is pretty clear of disrespect and name-calling. You and Elk are the two major ring-leaders in that column. Sox75 and Slasher aren't too far behind, but I've seldom had a problem with something either of them said.
    I consider it disrespectful for a poster to refer to another by an improper username, whatever it is, in an effort to get under their skin. And when Ted or anyone else posts his far right propaganda (or insults another poster) I feel free to respond to that, blocked or not. Nearly everyone here has problems holding their tongue...or fingers...at times. For a while we agreed to drop the BS, but then you decided that was over and hurled several unprovoked insults my way. I sent you a pm letting you know what you did, in case you didn't have the insight to see it. I offered Ted many chances to bury the hatchet and treat each other like adults; he declined, which is fine. The same offer is available to you or anyone else who feels they have a beef with me. You cannot expect respect from someone you are insulting. Thats the way the world works.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Just to add: not one single poster advocated that protesting without masks was ever a good idea -- or not moronic... or especially condoned by Trump's deranged detractors or deranged Trump supporters. But I do recall watching video of looters in NYC all wearing masks (I guess we can't call them idiots).
    I would call them idiots anyway-for looting. And I would add that I don't recall a single poster here who refuses to wear a mask when its required. Many have complained about it, but I don't think anyone actually refuses to wear one.....as I recall.

I consider it disrespectful for a poster to refer to another by an improper username, whatever it is, in an effort to get under their skin. And when Ted or anyone else posts his far right propaganda (or insults another poster) I feel free to respond to that, blocked or not. Nearly everyone here has problems holding their tongue...or fingers...at times. For a while we agreed to drop the BS, but then you decided that was over and hurled several unprovoked insults my way. I sent you a pm letting you know what you did, in case you didn't have the insight to see it. I offered Ted many chances to bury the hatchet and treat each other like adults; he declined, which is fine. The same offer is available to you or anyone else who feels they have a beef with me. You cannot expect respect from someone you are insulting. Thats the way the world works.
    Here's how I, and most people on Earth, operate: Respect is earned, not given. And then once you get it, it is a two-way street. If you want me to respect you, you have to earn it by the way you behave, how you conduct yourself, and how you interact with others. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that other than Kimmi, I am the most respected person here. I think virtually everybody else would agree with that statement. And that is because I have earned every ounce of that respect through the way I behave, conduct myself, and how I interact with people, especially given my age. If an objective third party looked at you, and then looked at me, which one of us would he think was the "immature" 21 year old? They would most likely pick you, not me. You have to earn the right to be respected. It's not automatic.

Now, you seem to think that the only alternative to respect is constant disrespect and personal attacks, like what you do to a700hitter, Elk, and others. You can be civil towards somebody you don't respect. I've been civil to you all day, whether you agree with that statement or not. Everything I've said about you today has been supported by others. That should tell you that it is factual, and not just my opinion. Facts are not insults. Facts are not disrespectful. If you think they are, so be it, but that's an erroneous belief that has gotten you into a lot of trouble due to the way in which you respond when you feel slighted..

I would call them idiots anyway-for looting. And I would add that I don't recall a single poster here who refuses to wear a mask when its required. Many have complained about it, but I don't think anyone actually refuses to wear one.....as I recall.
    See? More name-calling. You called for peace, and couldn't even last 20 minutes

"Why does it not surprise me that Pumpsie here equates calling somebody by their other BASEBALL FORUM alias with using someone's REAL LIFE name?"

Sox75 is harmless, but his length diatribes make for a waste of time to read. I don't know if Ted is 700s real name; you probably do since you are buddy buddy with him. All I know is that when Ted starts referring to me by my username I will start referring to him by his username. I think thats fair enough.
    Hey now!

I resent the fact that you think I'm harmless.

As for the lengthy 'diatribes?'

I know that nobody reads them, but I honestly often feel the need to write out what I'm thinking and try to articulate it.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy.

LOL :0

Plus.... I really enjoy reading my stuff! I find my arguments interesting, enlightening, and they always leave me wondering where the story will end?

Well... I'm also having a hard time finding a good novel to read.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Hey now!

I resent the fact that you think I'm harmless.

As for the lengthy 'diatribes?'

I know that nobody reads them, but I honestly often feel the need to write out what I'm thinking and try to articulate it.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than therapy.

LOL :0

Plus.... I really enjoy reading my stuff! I find my arguments interesting, enlightening, and they always leave me wondering where the story will end?

Well... I'm also having a hard time finding a good novel to read.
    I read most of your diatribes! I'm usually the same way in real life. I'll always articulate what I'm thinking, even if people stop listening

Deity
    To even suggest that Ted is far right tells me a great deal about what I think that you do not understand. you want him to be. It seems convenient that if someone does not agree with the way you see things then they must be a rightest. I'm thinking that you are wrong. he is educated and thinks critically for sure. he is tough in an argument for sure. I think that based on what I have read from him over these past few years, his feelings resemble those of the ordinary person in this country who happens to be proud of the fact that he is an American. no one should apologize for being one.

I read most of your diatribes! I'm usually the same way in real life. I'll always articulate what I'm thinking, even if people stop listening
    Too funny!

Actually.... I used to really enjoy talking politics, current events, global issues, etc with friends and relatives....
    BUT in the past 10 years or so there has been a switch. Everything is so divisive.

I guess I do use this forum to vent. I'm actually very tame these days in "real life," but I do need to vent.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.