Register now to remove this ad

Page 520 of 644 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If you want to talk about the other states, go ahead.
    I'm not saying I think the polls are accurate, but I do think they all have made adjustments from the mistakes made in 2016, where they were right in most cases, but wrong in a few battleground states.

Here's the RCP poll averages (Red=GOP in 2016/ Blue= Dem in 2016):

Biden up...
    7.8 MI
    6.2 FL
    6.0 PA
    5.0 WI
    4.5 NC

4.0 NV
    3.7 AZ
    2.3 OH

T Rump up by...
    0.2 TX
    1.6 GA
    1.7 IA

(All others have someone ahead by 9 or more points, including VA, NH, MN, NM, ME & CO.)

I don't trust these polls, and a lot can happen between now and election day, but I do think there will be a higher turnout, this election, unless voter suppression happens more than 2016.

Biden:"I am so forward looking to have an opportunity to sit with the President and have a debate". HUH? Is that English? Dementia is a cruel thing.

Let's all go to Yo Semite Park and watch the continental army ram the ramparts and seize the airports.

I think it's cruel to pick on those with dementia, so I will refrain.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Free college for everyone, open borders, reparations for people who were never slaves, free everything for illegals, The Green New Deal. All of those will kill the economy and the country.
    I see. So you think that those will become law. Is that correct? As I wrote earlier, if Biden wins and any one of those (or more) become law (except possibly free junior college for everyone-that has a chance) during a Biden presidency I am willing to donate $100 to your favorite charity, no questions asked if you are willing to donate $100 to my favorite charity, no questions asked. Agreed?

Fact is, none of those are going to happen. Biden is a centrist. He is not AOC. I am not even sure if you are serious about claiming that its possible for those to come to pass. I certainly would not support them-except for free two year college for everyone who cannot afford it.

As for the hair sniffing etc that Biden is accused of (but never convicted) here is an article that says that 25 women have come forth claiming that T Rump has engaged in various forms of sexual misconduct. Neither guy is free from strange charges; neither has been convicted of sexual misconduct. I call it a draw.

Let me know about the gentleman's bet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12

Legend
    The donkey has made an art form out of lying. Sure, Biden lies too...but not like this:

The coronavirus pandemic
    Children and Covid-19: Trump said of the coronavirus: "If you look at children, children are almost -- and I would almost say definitely -- but almost immune from this disease." He added, "They don't have a problem. They just don't have a problem."

Facts First: While children are, on the whole, less likely to get seriously ill or die from the coronavirus than adults are, they are certainly not "immune;" children get infected, transmit the virus, and do sometimes get seriously ill or die.

Testing and cases: Trump said, "By the way: when you do a lot of testing, you have more cases."
    Facts First: Testing does not create coronavirus cases, just reveals their existence -- and, in fact, testing is a pandemic-fighting tool that is supposed to help reduce the number of actual cases.

The virus: Trump said schools should open despite the coronavirus pandemic because "this thing's going away. It will go away like things go away."
    Facts First: There is no evidence the virus is "going away." The US had 57,540 confirmed new cases the day before Trump spoke, according to Johns Hopkins University data. And the virus may never disappear entirely; Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress last week, "I do not believe it would disappear because it is such a highly transmissible virus."

The state of the pandemic: Trump said, "Much of the country's in really good shape." He then broadened the claim, saying, "The country's in very good shape."
    Facts First: This is nonsense. The country remains in the grips of an uncontrolled pandemic. Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus task force coordinator, said on CNN on Sunday that "what we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas."

Ventilators: Trump claimed that the US had "nothing" in terms of ventilators before the Trump administration hiked production this year, adding, "You go back four months, we didn't have any."
    Facts First: As Trump's own health department has acknowledged to CNN, Trump inherited about 19,000 ventilators in the national stockpile, about 16,660 of them in working order. Last week, the White House itself tweeted a graphic that said there were 16,000 ventilators in the stockpile in January, seven months ago.

Testing in India: Trump claimed that India has conducted just 11 million coronavirus tests.
    Facts First: India had conducted more than 20 million tests as of Sunday.

Mail-in voting
    New York congressional primaries: Trump claimed that there has been voter fraud in New York congressional Democratic primaries in which the vote-counting was slow, saying, "They're fraudulent votes."
    Facts First: There is no evidence of voter fraud in the New York races; the counting was plagued by administrative and technological problems, which have nothing to do with fraud.

Absentee voting vs. other mail voting: Trump again tried to create a distinction between absentee voting and other mail-in voting, saying "absentee is okay because you have to go through a process."
    Facts First: There is no real difference; many states, like Florida, where Trump himself votes by mail, make no distinction at all between people who vote by mail while in the state or while out of the state. All mail ballots are subjected to a security process.

Nevada's plans for mail-in voting: Trump said that, under Nevada's plans for mail-in voting, "anybody that ever walked will get" a ballot.
    Facts First: Nope. Nevada plans to send ballots to all active registered voters, who can only be adult citizens.

Nevada and ballot-counting: Trump said that, if Nevada goes ahead with its plans for mail-in voting, we might not know the election results not only for "months" but "actually, it could be for years."
    Facts First: We can't definitively fact check the future, but "years" is obvious nonsense.

There is a lot more. We deserve a president who leads by example, someone who at least tries to tell the truth most of the time. That man is clearly not the donkey.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/polit...sts/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I see. So you think that those will become law. Is that correct? As I wrote earlier, if Biden wins and any one of those (or more) become law (except possibly free junior college for everyone-that has a chance) during a Biden presidency I am willing to donate $100 to your favorite charity, no questions asked if you are willing to donate $100 to my favorite charity, no questions asked. Agreed?

Fact is, none of those are going to happen. Biden is a centrist. He is not AOC. I am not even sure if you are serious about claiming that its possible for those to come to pass. I certainly would not support them-except for free two year college for everyone who cannot afford it.

As for the hair sniffing etc that Biden is accused of (but never convicted) here is an article that says that 25 women have come forth claiming that T Rump has engaged in various forms of sexual misconduct. Neither guy is free from strange charges; neither has been convicted of sexual misconduct. I call it a draw.

Let me know about the gentleman's bet.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12
    Biden's mind is gone. He doesn't know what he is, where he is, who he is or what he is running for. He will be whatever his handlers tell him to be. Sad and pathetic.

Legend
    Biden's mind is gone. He doesn't know what he is, where he is, who he is or what he is running for. He will be whatever his handlers tell him to be. Sad and pathetic.
    You're a good man Ted....I don't agree with your politics at all, but you are clearly entitled to have those beliefs. Glad I am around to cancel out your vote in November.

Deity
    See but the same applies to Trump. Why didn’t you post about his brand new pronunciation of Yosemite?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Let's all go to Yo Semite Park and watch the continental army ram the ramparts and seize the airports.

I think it's cruel to pick on those with dementia, so I will refrain.
    One of the many problems with our gorvernment is we have minimum ages but not maximum ones. That doesn’t even make sense. Sure some experience and wisdom is a good thing, but after a while things start to go. And we don’t need a president who wears diapers, requires Secret Service intervention to cut his food, and wears black socks with sandals. If you’re 70, hang ‘em up and retire. And let someone else run for office...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    One of the many problems with our gorvernment is we have minimum ages but not maximum ones. That doesn’t even make sense. Sure some experience and wisdom is a good thing, but after a while things start to go. And we don’t need a president who wears diapers, requires Secret Service intervention to cut his food, and wears black socks with sandals. If you’re 70, hang ‘em up and retire. And let someone else run for office...
    I get your point, but many 80 year olds are sharper than most 40 year olds.

Maybe passing some sort of test should be a requirement once you reach 70.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I get your point, but many 80 year olds are sharper than most 40 year olds.

Maybe passing some sort of test should be a requirement once you reach 70.
    I think we did that this year...

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Did you ever watch a TV show called "House"? The main character is a tactless but very talented doctor who solves medical mysteries to save patient lives. One of the things he says over and over again is this: "everybody lies". I believe that. I will concede that Biden is also a liar. I also think that when you are the President during a crisis you have to be judged by a higher standard. People want more than anything to just be told the truth. When, for example, the President says that hydroxychloroquin is effective against Covid 19 when there is absolutely no evidence that is true his lies are harmful and in this case cost at least one person his life. When England was getting hammered by the Nazis in WW2 one of the things that made Churchill such an effective leader is that he was by and large honest with the citizens, even though he truth was tough to take. In a crisis leaders need to tell the truth even though its harsh. T Rump has failed miserably in that regard.
    I was with you with House. Great show! GREAT CHARACTER!

When you say, "presidents should be judged by a 'higher standard?" Check! Agreed.

The problem is.... The "higher standard?"

YOUR higher standard has been nothing short of a "HYSTERICAL standard," since November 8, 2016.

Not just hysterical, but OFF THE RAILS, batshit crazy, snowflake meltdown, panties in an EPIC TWIST, lunatic fringe, meltdown crazy standard.

For 3 years BEFORE Covid hit, you and yours were so fucking off the rails, you have NO CREDIBILITY whatsoever in judging fairly ANYTHING Trump does.

I mean... you get this? Right? Nobody besides your fellow meltdown queen contingent gives a bloody shit how you judge Trump handles anything.

As for handling this pandemic? Soon enough, you ,& the hysterical Far-Left will understand that this country is DONE with your hysterics. We simply don't have the time or finances to put up with your hysterical bullshit any longer.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    I was with you with House. Great show! GREAT CHARACTER!

When you say, "presidents should be judged by a 'higher standard?" Check! Agreed.

The problem is.... The "higher standard?"i

YOUR higher standard has been nothing short of a "HYSTERICAL standard," since November 8, 2016.

Not just hysterical, but OFF THE RAILS, batshit crazy, snowflake meltdown, panties in an EPIC TWIST, lunatic fringe, meltdown crazy standard.

For 3 years BEFORE Covid hit, you and yours were so fucking off the rails, you have NO CREDIBILITY whatsoever in judging fairly ANYTHING Trump does.

I mean... you get this? Right? Nobody besides your fellow meltdown queen contingent gives a bloody shit how you judge Trump handles anything.

As for handling this pandemic? Soon enough, you ,& the hysterical Far-Left will understand that this country is DONE with your hysterics. We simply don't have the time or finances to put up with your hysterical bullshit any longer.
    If only we could all be so objective.

I missed this beauty from Biden, which is about a year old, until I saw the clip of it on Hannity last night.

Washington Examiner
    Zachary Halaschak
    August 08, 2019

Joe Biden, the 2020 Democratic front-runner crowd, left some in the crowd at the Iowa State Fair mystified when he told them: "We choose truth over facts."

The 76-year-old former vice president, whose loquacious style and propensity for flubbing his lines endears him to some and draws mockery from others, was ending his speech at the state fairground in Des Moines when he attempted a rousing finish.

“There is nothing we’ve ever decided to do we’ve been unable to do, he said. "Period. That’s not hyperbole. We have never, never, never failed when we’re together. And ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to get up.

"Everybody knows who Donald Trump is. Even his supporters know who he is. We got to let him know who we are. We choose unity over division. We choose science over fiction. We choose truth over facts."
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.