Register now to remove this ad

Page 79 of 644 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    There was an article recently which said the folks over at Oxford were concerned that there would not be enough virus to test a vaccine effectively.
    hahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    other names i have posted under: none

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i have been on Teams calls with them all day / all week. we are ramping up clinical trials in:
    Brazil
    Russia
    Sweden
    Turkey
    India
    Mexico (just added today)
    Peru (just added today)
    Chile (just added today)
    Argentina (just added today)
    Are any of them on phase 3 trials?

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    I'm a little offended I didn't get a "tone it down a-hole message?"

You are only a b-hole. They are still in the “A’s”.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

So the plague has inflicted its most damage on five of the great western democracies:

US
    UK
    Italy
    France
    Spain

Brazil has now passed Spain to become the country with the 5th highest reported deaths.

Russia has zoomed to 3rd most cases, but their number of reported deaths is still low.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

hahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    ttps://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disappearing-so-fast-oxford-vaccine-has-only-50-chance-of-working-11993739

Coronavirus 'disappearing' so fast Oxford vaccine has 'only 50% chance of working'
    Professor Adrian Hill describes the efforts to create a vaccine as a "race against the virus disappearing, and against time".There is only a 50% chance of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine working because cases in the UK are declining so fast, one of the scientists behind it has warned.
    The University of Oxford's Jenner Institute and the Oxford Vaccine Group began developing a COVID-19 vaccine in January using a virus taken from chimpanzees.
    But with the number of UK coronavirus cases dropping every day, there may not be enough people to test it on, according to the institute's director Professor Adrian Hill.
    He told The Sunday Telegraph: "It's a race against the virus disappearing, and against time. We said earlier in the year that there was an 80% chance of developing an effective vaccine by September.
    "But at the moment, there's a 50% chance that we get no result at all. We're in the bizarre position of wanting COVID to stay, at least for a little while."

Legend
    ttps://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disappearing-so-fast-oxford-vaccine-has-only-50-chance-of-working-11993739

Coronavirus 'disappearing' so fast Oxford vaccine has 'only 50% chance of working'
    Professor Adrian Hill describes the efforts to create a vaccine as a "race against the virus disappearing, and against time".There is only a 50% chance of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine working because cases in the UK are declining so fast, one of the scientists behind it has warned.
    The University of Oxford's Jenner Institute and the Oxford Vaccine Group began developing a COVID-19 vaccine in January using a virus taken from chimpanzees.
    But with the number of UK coronavirus cases dropping every day, there may not be enough people to test it on, according to the institute's director Professor Adrian Hill.
    He told The Sunday Telegraph: "It's a race against the virus disappearing, and against time. We said earlier in the year that there was an 80% chance of developing an effective vaccine by September.
    "But at the moment, there's a 50% chance that we get no result at all. We're in the bizarre position of wanting COVID to stay, at least for a little while."
    So its a lack of patients, not a lack of virus.

I am pretty sure there will be a sufficient number of patients in certain areas of the world to test it on.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    So the plague has inflicted its most damage on five of the great western democracies:

US
    UK
    Italy
    France
    Spain

Brazil has now passed Spain to become the country with the 5th highest reported deaths.

Russia has zoomed to 3rd most cases, but their number of reported deaths is still low.

Pravda = Fake News!

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post

I am pretty sure there will be a sufficient number of patients in certain areas of the world to test it on.
    To be exact yes. It is curious, however, the way Professor Hill framed it.

We're living in bizarro world. Just imagine if 10 years ago someone told you that in 2020 the presidential candidates would be Donald Trump and Joe Biden, with the added bonus that Biden can barely form a single complete, coherent, mistake-free sentence any more.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    My bad: I gave Trump credit for a nice tweet last night and it shut down the whole thread.
    LOL That's what happens when you play nice.

When I first started posting many years ago, and no one would respond to me, I had two different posters independently say to me 'post something stupid, that'll get you a response.' I'm not sure what that says about us as posters. LOL

The bottom line is, there have been 1,143 posts and as far as I could tell, not one person changed their mind....
    !!!

Are any of them on phase 3 trials?
    This is all for the AZ phase 2. I expect 8-10 more countries to be added in the coming weeks. Of course USA and UK are 2 countries that will also be running this trial with my company but I am only involved in the global countries.
    We meet with them next week to start planning the phase 3 trial that will be starting later summer/early fall.

Exactly. Nobody runs trials in 3 neighborhoods of 1 town in UK....

Legend
    This is all for the AZ phase 2. I expect 8-10 more countries to be added in the coming weeks. Of course USA and UK are 2 countries that will also be running this trial with my company but I am only involved in the global countries.
    We meet with them next week to start planning the phase 3 trial that will be starting later summer/early fall.
    Are you concerned about not having sufficient patients to be able to interpret the studies? I would think that there are plenty here, in hot spots, as well as in Brazil and in the continent of Africa...I am concerned that Africans are going to get decimated by this because of the lack of good hospitals and the number of poor people, sometimes living in very congested areas. I was in Kenya some years back volunteering to take care of the kids there and I saw first hand what their hospitals are like. Its not pretty.

TONE IT DOWN, A-HOLE!!! (I hope this helps )

What can I say? I’m a people pleaser...
    Thanks! I was feeling a bit ignored...
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.