Register now to remove this ad

Page 80 of 644 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    You are only a b-hole. They are still in the “A’s”.
    Jesus! I only made the b-hole league!?

WTF do I have to do to make the BIGS coach?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Who was the guy on this thread who posted the apocalyptic prediction about society that was coming after April 1st? Hmmm.... It is starting to look not so crazy.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

ok....

I TOTALLY GET the RAGE of these riots!

That death WAS a murder! It was aweful to watch. I honestly can't imagine, besides talking to a couple of African American friends, what it REALLY FEELS LIKE to watch that, & KNOW it could have been me.

Still.... I really wish we had a bigger than life MLK jr. to speak out on rioting. It is HEARTBREAKING to know that local African American businesses will be hurt. Done! Crushed!

I honestly don't know the answer, but I do know that rioting & destruction of inner city businesses only makes things worse.

It is so fucking sad!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

I remember as a youth .... Several run ins with cops. A few that were frightening. I was a bit out of control, but nothing big. Just arrested for a few minor things.

I did once have a cop pick me up for something minor, and drive me to a remote location, & hammer me for not giving up a few friends. I wouldn't do it. He got pretty frightening. I've seen cops really lose it. It was not pretty. I have been manhandled, & it was not fun. I knew I was guilty, so I just played dead to rights.

I've had a couple of semi-panic attacks knowing if I had gone up against the wrong guy at the wrong time, I could have been in some trouble. Nowhere near the short-storm as when my dad put me 2 ft off the ground by the neck when complaining about a cop.

Still... I really have no clue! I remember almost rumbling with 2 African American friends, when hassled by assholes... I was itching to go, & they were the calm. I didn't get why my tough friends were being such "pussies" then, but I get it now. I was always itching for a fight, but they were VERY FUCKING LEVEL HEADED! I never really got it, until years later. I really get it now.

My run ins with the law were nothing. If it was them, acting like i had several times, it could have been deadly.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Thanks! I was feeling a bit ignored...

Still too uppity

Who was the guy on this thread who posted the apocalyptic prediction about society that was coming after April 1st? Hmmm.... It is starting to look not so crazy.
    oldmaninthevegasdesert
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Still too uppity
    I get that way....

RedSoxDirtdog 19

Well, it looks like the COVID crisis is over.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Well, it looks like the COVID crisis is over.
    Well...

Not so much!

Talking to my wife about going back to visit, taking mom out of LTCF & to the Cape.

Let's just say.... the discussion is not going well so far . . .

:z

NOW.... If the Sox start playing soon? Could be a different conversation.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

So, social distancing has been thrown aside. And the news cycle shifts on a dime.

Yes! Charge that cop with murder! From what I've read about Murder in the 2nd degree....

"In United States law, depraved-heart murder, also known as depraved-indifference murder, is a type of murder where an individual acts with a "depraved indifference" to human life and where such act results in a death, despite that individual not explicitly intending to kill. In a depraved-heart murder, defendants commit an act even though they know their act runs an unusually high risk of causing death or serious bodily harm to a person. If the risk of death or bodily harm is great enough, ignoring it demonstrates a "depraved indifference" to human life and the resulting death is considered to have been committed with malice aforethought.[1][2] In some states, depraved-heart killings constitute second-degree murder,[3] while in others, the act would be charged with varying degrees of manslaughter[4] or third-degree murder."

I feel like that's what we all witnessed with the murder of George Floyd. It was beyond disturbing to watch.
    I think most would agree with that!

HAVING SAID THAT..... When are we going to start listing these agitant groups as Domestic Terrorists. Time to start filming and arresting anyone who throws a brick, and charging them with attempted murder. Just as any White Supremasist Group should be listed as a Domestic Terrorists, if engaged in rioting, these groups like Antifa need to be labelled as Donestic Terrorists, and prosecuted with the full force of the law.

I know it's a hell of a lot more complicated than this, but it's time we stopped with the excuse making once protest changes to rioting.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Yes! Charge that cop with murder! From what I've read about Murder in the 2nd degree....

"In United States law, depraved-heart murder, also known as depraved-indifference murder, is a type of murder where an individual acts with a "depraved indifference" to human life and where such act results in a death, despite that individual not explicitly intending to kill. In a depraved-heart murder, defendants commit an act even though they know their act runs an unusually high risk of causing death or serious bodily harm to a person. If the risk of death or bodily harm is great enough, ignoring it demonstrates a "depraved indifference" to human life and the resulting death is considered to have been committed with malice aforethought.[1][2] In some states, depraved-heart killings constitute second-degree murder,[3] while in others, the act would be charged with varying degrees of manslaughter[4] or third-degree murder."

I feel like that's what we all witnessed with the murder of George Floyd. It was beyond disturbing to watch.
    I think most would agree with that!

HAVING SAID THAT..... When are we going to start listing these agitant groups as Domestic Terrorists. Time to start filming and arresting anyone who throws a brick, and charging them with attempted murder. Just as any White Supremasist Group should be listed as a Domestic Terrorists, if engaged in rioting, these groups like Antifa need to be labelled as Donestic Terrorists, and prosecuted with the full force of the law.

I know it's a hell of a lot more complicated than this, but it's time we stopped with the excuse making once protest changes to rioting.
    It will be interesting to see if the protests result in a dramatic increase in the number of reported cases. It will be especially interesting how such an increase would be reported in the press.

Wearing masks and social distancing is the safest thing you can do. There's been NO contradictory information on that unless you are specifically looking to muddy the waters.
    Donald Trumpf has literally said on national TV in response to a reporter that was wearing a mask: “Oh, OK, because you want to be politically correct,”
    so yeah...i would say there is ALOT of conflicting/contradictory information coming thru the White House.
    we need fucking leadership in this country so bad. we are at an alltime low right now. thanks Trumpf!
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Wearing masks and social distancing is the safest thing you can do. There's been NO contradictory information on that unless you are specifically looking to muddy the waters.
    Donald Trumpf has literally said on national TV in response to a reporter that was wearing a mask: “Oh, OK, because you want to be politically correct,”
    so yeah...i would say there is ALOT of conflicting/contradictory information coming thru the White House.
    we need fucking leadership in this country so bad. we are at an alltime low right now. thanks Trumpf!
    There's a difference between Trump and WHO/CDC/medical community.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    There's a difference between Trump and WHO/CDC/medical community.
    Everyone and every where there is general agreement about social distancing. While I wear mask when shopping the guidance on the UK follows more or less the WHO which generally advised against universal mask wearing at this time.