Register now to remove this ad

Page 539 of 644 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9648

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Nancy, Chuck, & all Liberal Progressives wanted to play election hostage ransom?

TRUMP:

1. $400 EXTRA, above and beyond state unemployment benefits.

2. Payroll tax deferral

3. Moratorium on evictions

4. Moratorium on School loans

BOOM !

You wanna play games playahs?

YOU GOT PLAYED. How many executive orders did Obama have?

https://www.potus.com/presidential-f...cutive-orders/
    But these orders are exactly the type of far left progressive actions Republicans have been screaming at Democrats about for years. Trump’s now a bigger Democrat than the far left Progressive Democrats even you have been railing against...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But these orders are exactly the type of far left progressive actions Republicans have been screaming at Democrats about for years. Trump’s now a bigger Democrat than the far left Progressive Democrats even you have been railing against...
    ...and they cheer it- cause it's T Rump.

Then, they blame the Dems, who were seeking to actually help those in need and who slashed a trillion off their plan to try and compromise the ones that held America hostage. Classic spin.

The thing is, it will likely work. This country has been dumbed down so much, they'll buy anything.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ...and they cheer it- cause it's T Rump.

Then, they blame the Dems, who were seeking to actually help those in need and who slashed a trillion off their plan to try and compromise the ones that held America hostage. Classic spin.

The thing is, it will likely work. This country has been dumbed down so much, they'll buy anything.

That’s because too many seek out news sources that fit their narrative. The Trump supporters even admit that the CNN and MSNBC left-leanings make them untrustworthy, but the Fox and Breitbart right leanings make those sources trustworthy. That’s not discerning the truth; that’s confirmation bias...

That’s because too many seek out news sources that fit their narrative. The Trump supporters even admit that the CNN and MSNBC left-leanings make them untrustworthy, but the Fox and Breitbart right leanings make those sources trustworthy. That’s not discerning the truth; that’s confirmation bias...
    But confirmation bias is only natural when it comes to political commentary. Naturally lefties are going to trust CNN much more and righties are going to trust Fox much more. People want to be reassured that they're on the correct side of things.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    But confirmation bias is only natural when it comes to political commentary. Naturally lefties are going to trust CNN much more and righties are going to trust Fox much more. People want to be reassured that they're on the correct side of things.
    I'm on the left, and I won't watch MSNBC anymore.

I will watch Fox, but usually, I can't for too long.

I read a lot, and try to read at least 2 articles from the right, everyday.

People shouldn't have to listen to Fox or MSNBC to realize what T Rump just did was what Ted has warned us the leftist Marxists would do, if they won.

Although it's illegal, it will help, if the courts allow it. If the Dems challenge it, they come out as the losers, even though they wanted more.

Brilliant strategy by T Rump & Co. I never expected him to turn Marxist and for his minions to not see it for what it is.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm on the left, and I won't watch MSNBC anymore.

I will watch Fox, but usually, I can't for too long.

I read a lot, and try to read at least 2 articles from the right, everyday.

People shouldn't have to listen to Fox or MSNBC to realize what T Rump just did was what Ted has warned us the leftist Marxists would do, if they won.

Although it's illegal, it will help, if the courts allow it. If the Dems challenge it, they come out as the losers, even though they wanted more.

Brilliant strategy by T Rump & Co. I never expected him to turn Marxist and for his minions to not see it for what it is.

I don't understand exactly why this move by Trump is Marxist.

Deity
    But confirmation bias does nothing of the sort. It doesn’t provide reassurance and it sure as hell doesn’t validate being on the right side. It prevents learning about the truth by allowing people to stick to their narratives. Reality often is right or left, but people now do not believe that. Even you have disregarded CNN and MSNBC as sources for being “too far left.” But sometimes the truth is too far left (or right)...

But confirmation bias does nothing of the sort. It doesn’t provide reassurance and it sure as hell doesn’t validate being on the right side. It prevents learning about the truth by allowing people to stick to their narratives. Reality often is right or left, but people now do not believe that. Even you have disregarded CNN and MSNBC as sources for being “too far left.” But sometimes the truth is too far left (or right)...
    I thought we had all agreed that the media is totally biased in general.

How are we supposed to learn the "truth", exactly? The only actual truth is the facts. If you're watching CNN or Fox, you're getting facts with a heavy dose of biased editorial opinion.

Legend
    How do we turn the tide? These experts offer their opinions, and a common thread among many is SHUTTING DOWN FOR A PERIOD OF TIME:

"What key policy changes would you make to turn the U.S. outbreak around?

Adalja: The most important change would be to allow the CDC to do its job and act unfettered. I would suggest that the White House step back from this. From the start, the CDC has had to express fealty to the president’s whims and unreality rather than the actual facts on the ground.

Inglesby: The progress we made early in the pandemic was lost in the following months. We need universal adherence to fundamentals like masking, physical distancing and hand hygiene, and no large gatherings. We also need clear, consistent and unified public health messaging from national and state governments. I'd shut down high-risk activities in places experiencing disease surges and if hospitals are in crisis, I'd implement stay-at-home orders for two weeks. I'd expand PPE [personal protective equipment] production and distribution and accelerate testing to shorten the turnaround time to one day.

Bouey: The premature opening and incoherent policy has wiped out the gains on the capacity of testing and tracing from the first widespread shutdowns. Now the virus is a wildfire, spreading freely in every corner of the country. I would propose a 90% shutdown of the whole country for three weeks. No travel, no work, no school, no going out unless for emergencies and health care. We wait out the virus cycle, then gradually reopen with intensive testing and tracing. We quarantine people who test positive and set up a sensitive surveillance system to identify hotspots. This would allow a semi-opening in two to three months (still no big gathering or bars) and relatively normal life with vigilance in six months.

Healton: We should shut down states with rising cases for two weeks to give the health system a breather and to lower the state's baseline rate so that contact tracing is more viable. We should strictly adhere to the CDC reopening and pullback guidance with one modification -- a national mandatory mask law."

Its the only way. Depending an a vaccine to save the day is totally stupid, so I expect that is what the donkey will do.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/forwar..._headlines_hed
    Last edited by FredLynn; 08-09-2020 at 04:59 PM.

How are we supposed to learn the "truth", exactly? The only actual truth is the facts. If you're watching CNN or Fox, you're getting facts with a heavy dose of biased editorial opinion.
    Just don't read the opinion section. Both those organizations fact check their stuff to the 10th degree. And if they are wrong they immediately retract it. I'm only guessing about Fox, but CNN is international. If they start putting out garbage that could be refuted, then they would lose their international status.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

400 hundred buck a week. Looks like my wife aint going to be smoking fatty blunts now a days.

Actually. good job Trump, people need a life line. But also people are coming up on their unemployment expiring. My wife, who is the hardest worker you know, her unemployment is done at the beginning of OCT.
    Last edited by SoxHop; 08-09-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    In our yellow submarine

There are people out there that want you to believe that media is not true. Up to you to figure it out.
    In our yellow submarine

Deity

I actually got a lot of my conclusions about Trump from his own press conferences. And the right wing folks here assumed they were from CNN/MSNBC...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Just don't read the opinion section. Both those organizations fact check their stuff to the 10th degree. And if they are wrong they immediately retract it. I'm only guessing about Fox, but CNN is international. If they start putting out garbage that could be refuted, then they would lose their international status.
    My sister-in-law and her husband live by the Gospel According to Tucker. Right down to his interpretations of Democratic strategy. And even when pointed out to them, they refuse to believe that gettingDemocratic talking points from Tucker Carlson is like getting Republican talking points from Rachel Maddow. They have that “left bias = lying but right bias = truth” mentality. And they actually believe the Democratic Party wants to destroy America, despite the past 250 years countering it. And that 90 year old George Soros is the cartoonish super villain behind it all.

Yes these people really exist and can vote...

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    There are people out there that want you to believe that media is not true. Up to you to figure it out.
    Not true!

What MOST Republicans and Conservatives KNOW FOR S FACT, is that it is NOT about truth, falsehoods, and outright lies, it is how the news of the day is spun by the msm, vs. hiw it is spun by FOX as an example.

It is about the bias of omission and commission. What is hit hard, and what is omitted from coverage.

Perfect example.....

* Tell me right after reading this, what happened in the Senate Judiciary Hearings last Wednesday?

* What was the big takeaway from that blockbuster Hearing?

DON'T GO LOOK IT UP FIRST!

I can almost guarantee that you don't know what happened, OR WHAT I'm even talking about unless, unless you searched for it. It was STUNNING NEWS! REAL NEWS! SCANDALOUS NEWS.....

* If it involved Republican scandal, or Trump scandal, it would have been too of the fold HEADLINE NEWS, and it would be being HYSTERICALLY SPUN by parrisan guests, 24/7 on CNN & MSNBC for the next 2 weeks.

** This is not a unique occurrence, which is why most of you still know little about the Political Scandal of the Century. It simply is not covered by the msm.

BUT.... You have no idea what happened. Why? The msm virtually ignored it. You might go Google it, but you won't know a thing about it unless folks go to jail. Even then, it would be virtually buried again.

This bias ain't rocket science. it simply is.

Hence... Trump has tweaked the msm since day 1, calling them "fake news." You guys still don't remember the etymology of the term. NEWS FLASH... That term, "fake news," was not started by Trump. Who used the were first?
    Last edited by Sox75; 08-09-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.