Register now to remove this ad

Thread: I'm Out

I'm Out

I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving. Don't know when I'll be back, but it probably won't be until baseball returns at the bare minimum. I hate the person I am becoming in the Anything Goes thread. For much of the winter, I was going through a mild depression, and I struggled to find the source, or a way to feel better. Once the pandemic hit, I suddenly felt better, which I was even more surprised by. But as time in quarantine has gone on, I have found myself slipping back into who I was in the winter. I'm losing control of my emotions, and losing sight of the things that are important to me in my life. This has nothing to do with anybody else here, just an internal thing that has been building up inside me. My mental health has been something I've been cognizant of for a long time, and this certainly is NOT the place to be when you are not 100% into it, especially right now. The fun has been sucked out of this place for me with all the political talk and how everybody (myself included) has a tendency to start insulting people at the slightest disagreement. I never talk politics with people in the real world, largely because I don't care that much about politics, and I know how inflammatory and divisive it is. There are still areas of this place that I enjoy, like taking a trip down memory lane with MVP last night, or talking music with SoxHop Northern Star, moon, and notin. I like most if not all of you, and enjoy listening to your perspectives on the world. But, sadly, the hate and negativity are too overwhelming for me. I'm a pretty positive guy, and I can only be around negative thinking and rhetoric for so long. We all have so much to look forward to once this mess is over, but many of us have lost sight of that due to our political biases.

So, I'm taking a break for an indefinite amount of time. I have a lot of really important things going on in my life, and I want to make sure I don't screw up any of these opportunities by letting the bad side of me take over. I've had social anxiety for most of my life, crippling at times. My New Year's resolution was to slowly get over it, and I was doing great, until quarantine, when I had no other choice but to stay inside, turn on my laptop, and come here. I feel all the relationships I've built up since the start of January slowly slipping away, and I want to ensure they stay tight, so that they can continue to grow and prosper as soon as we can venture out into the world again. But, I do care about the relationships I've made here. So, if you want to stay in touch, please PM me and we can exchange contact information. I'll check my inbox regularly for the next couple days, and occasionally after that. If you see me logged in, that's probably what I'm doing.

Until then, peace out
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

See you tomorrow.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

you have to take care of yourself first so i respect you for doing what you need to do. sometimes a couple days away can reset the brain. my only recommendation would be for you to try not to take anything personal that is written by anyone in these forums. you damn well know that if we were all in person we would bro hug and have a great time hanging out. even the ones that are "passionate" on the other thread. keep that in mind.
    plus we want to hear how the UCONN pickup went and what the campus life looks like.
    other names i have posted under: none

I am sorry to hear that you are going through what you are going through. As Slasher said, remember not to take anything too personally, even if there were insults directed specifically towards you. You are a good young man, Thunder.

Take care of yourself, and I hope that we see you back soon.

lates
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving. Don't know when I'll be back, but it probably won't be until baseball returns at the bare minimum. I hate the person I am becoming in the Anything Goes thread. For much of the winter, I was going through a mild depression, and I struggled to find the source, or a way to feel better. Once the pandemic hit, I suddenly felt better, which I was even more surprised by. But as time in quarantine has gone on, I have found myself slipping back into who I was in the winter. I'm losing control of my emotions, and losing sight of the things that are important to me in my life. This has nothing to do with anybody else here, just an internal thing that has been building up inside me. My mental health has been something I've been cognizant of for a long time, and this certainly is NOT the place to be when you are not 100% into it, especially right now. The fun has been sucked out of this place for me with all the political talk and how everybody (myself included) has a tendency to start insulting people at the slightest disagreement. I never talk politics with people in the real world, largely because I don't care that much about politics, and I know how inflammatory and divisive it is. There are still areas of this place that I enjoy, like taking a trip down memory lane with MVP last night, or talking music with SoxHop Northern Star, moon, and notin. I like most if not all of you, and enjoy listening to your perspectives on the world. But, sadly, the hate and negativity are too overwhelming for me. I'm a pretty positive guy, and I can only be around negative thinking and rhetoric for so long. We all have so much to look forward to once this mess is over, but many of us have lost sight of that due to our political biases.

So, I'm taking a break for an indefinite amount of time. I have a lot of really important things going on in my life, and I want to make sure I don't screw up any of these opportunities by letting the bad side of me take over. I've had social anxiety for most of my life, crippling at times. My New Year's resolution was to slowly get over it, and I was doing great, until quarantine, when I had no other choice but to stay inside, turn on my laptop, and come here. I feel all the relationships I've built up since the start of January slowly slipping away, and I want to ensure they stay tight, so that they can continue to grow and prosper as soon as we can venture out into the world again. But, I do care about the relationships I've made here. So, if you want to stay in touch, please PM me and we can exchange contact information. I'll check my inbox regularly for the next couple days, and occasionally after that. If you see me logged in, that's probably what I'm doing.

Until then, peace out
    This forum has become an unhealthy place. Taking a break is probably a good idea. I think you have my contact info if you want to drop me a line.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Thunder , My advice is to do what you feel is best for you . Taking a break from this could be beneficial. If / when you do come back , my advice would be to not take anything posted here too seriously. Keep your sense of humor . This forum is basically just a sideshow in the carnival of life . Remember the song lyrics , " Life is just a bowl of cherries, so live and laugh at it all ." It's just a dumb song , but it makes a lot of sense if you think about it . All the best .

I don't blame you for taking a break, I had to do so recently myself, I just am not a political person and debating about it on forums is not my thing. Mental health is important so do whatever puts you in the best place mentally. If you want to discuss/share info feel free to DM me. Hopefully we can get back to sports soon and these political talks can die down.

Deity

Hope your back soon (along with baseball) and all is well.

You can beat this like Mookie on Orioles’ pitching...