Register now to remove this ad

Thread: I'm Out

I'm Out

I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving. Don't know when I'll be back, but it probably won't be until baseball returns at the bare minimum. I hate the person I am becoming in the Anything Goes thread. For much of the winter, I was going through a mild depression, and I struggled to find the source, or a way to feel better. Once the pandemic hit, I suddenly felt better, which I was even more surprised by. But as time in quarantine has gone on, I have found myself slipping back into who I was in the winter. I'm losing control of my emotions, and losing sight of the things that are important to me in my life. This has nothing to do with anybody else here, just an internal thing that has been building up inside me. My mental health has been something I've been cognizant of for a long time, and this certainly is NOT the place to be when you are not 100% into it, especially right now. The fun has been sucked out of this place for me with all the political talk and how everybody (myself included) has a tendency to start insulting people at the slightest disagreement. I never talk politics with people in the real world, largely because I don't care that much about politics, and I know how inflammatory and divisive it is. There are still areas of this place that I enjoy, like taking a trip down memory lane with MVP last night, or talking music with SoxHop Northern Star, moon, and notin. I like most if not all of you, and enjoy listening to your perspectives on the world. But, sadly, the hate and negativity are too overwhelming for me. I'm a pretty positive guy, and I can only be around negative thinking and rhetoric for so long. We all have so much to look forward to once this mess is over, but many of us have lost sight of that due to our political biases.

So, I'm taking a break for an indefinite amount of time. I have a lot of really important things going on in my life, and I want to make sure I don't screw up any of these opportunities by letting the bad side of me take over. I've had social anxiety for most of my life, crippling at times. My New Year's resolution was to slowly get over it, and I was doing great, until quarantine, when I had no other choice but to stay inside, turn on my laptop, and come here. I feel all the relationships I've built up since the start of January slowly slipping away, and I want to ensure they stay tight, so that they can continue to grow and prosper as soon as we can venture out into the world again. But, I do care about the relationships I've made here. So, if you want to stay in touch, please PM me and we can exchange contact information. I'll check my inbox regularly for the next couple days, and occasionally after that. If you see me logged in, that's probably what I'm doing.

Until then, peace out
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

See you tomorrow.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

you have to take care of yourself first so i respect you for doing what you need to do. sometimes a couple days away can reset the brain. my only recommendation would be for you to try not to take anything personal that is written by anyone in these forums. you damn well know that if we were all in person we would bro hug and have a great time hanging out. even the ones that are "passionate" on the other thread. keep that in mind.
    plus we want to hear how the UCONN pickup went and what the campus life looks like.
    other names i have posted under: none

I am sorry to hear that you are going through what you are going through. As Slasher said, remember not to take anything too personally, even if there were insults directed specifically towards you. You are a good young man, Thunder.

Take care of yourself, and I hope that we see you back soon.

lates
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving. Don't know when I'll be back, but it probably won't be until baseball returns at the bare minimum. I hate the person I am becoming in the Anything Goes thread. For much of the winter, I was going through a mild depression, and I struggled to find the source, or a way to feel better. Once the pandemic hit, I suddenly felt better, which I was even more surprised by. But as time in quarantine has gone on, I have found myself slipping back into who I was in the winter. I'm losing control of my emotions, and losing sight of the things that are important to me in my life. This has nothing to do with anybody else here, just an internal thing that has been building up inside me. My mental health has been something I've been cognizant of for a long time, and this certainly is NOT the place to be when you are not 100% into it, especially right now. The fun has been sucked out of this place for me with all the political talk and how everybody (myself included) has a tendency to start insulting people at the slightest disagreement. I never talk politics with people in the real world, largely because I don't care that much about politics, and I know how inflammatory and divisive it is. There are still areas of this place that I enjoy, like taking a trip down memory lane with MVP last night, or talking music with SoxHop Northern Star, moon, and notin. I like most if not all of you, and enjoy listening to your perspectives on the world. But, sadly, the hate and negativity are too overwhelming for me. I'm a pretty positive guy, and I can only be around negative thinking and rhetoric for so long. We all have so much to look forward to once this mess is over, but many of us have lost sight of that due to our political biases.

So, I'm taking a break for an indefinite amount of time. I have a lot of really important things going on in my life, and I want to make sure I don't screw up any of these opportunities by letting the bad side of me take over. I've had social anxiety for most of my life, crippling at times. My New Year's resolution was to slowly get over it, and I was doing great, until quarantine, when I had no other choice but to stay inside, turn on my laptop, and come here. I feel all the relationships I've built up since the start of January slowly slipping away, and I want to ensure they stay tight, so that they can continue to grow and prosper as soon as we can venture out into the world again. But, I do care about the relationships I've made here. So, if you want to stay in touch, please PM me and we can exchange contact information. I'll check my inbox regularly for the next couple days, and occasionally after that. If you see me logged in, that's probably what I'm doing.

Until then, peace out
    This forum has become an unhealthy place. Taking a break is probably a good idea. I think you have my contact info if you want to drop me a line.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Thunder , My advice is to do what you feel is best for you . Taking a break from this could be beneficial. If / when you do come back , my advice would be to not take anything posted here too seriously. Keep your sense of humor . This forum is basically just a sideshow in the carnival of life . Remember the song lyrics , " Life is just a bowl of cherries, so live and laugh at it all ." It's just a dumb song , but it makes a lot of sense if you think about it . All the best .

I don't blame you for taking a break, I had to do so recently myself, I just am not a political person and debating about it on forums is not my thing. Mental health is important so do whatever puts you in the best place mentally. If you want to discuss/share info feel free to DM me. Hopefully we can get back to sports soon and these political talks can die down.

Deity

Hope your back soon (along with baseball) and all is well.

You can beat this like Mookie on Orioles’ pitching...

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    So, is this going out through the in door?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Take care of yourself.

Try getting outside a bit more?
    Try socially distanced coffee, a beer, or whatever it is you like?

Golf?

I know when I've had a few bad MS exacerbations, and didn't have the energy to get out, it got far worse.

The only thing that helped was forcing myself to get out and do the things I love. Constant pain can become overwhelming if I allow it to be, so I have no other choice but to move. My family back in Mass. often can't understand why I can't just 'vacation' when I visit. Why I always have to have a project I need to work on at the Cape house? Why I don't retire from work.

If I stop moving, the pain sets in, & depression over pain sets in.... Don't feel sorry for me, as I'm a lucky MS person! My limbs all still work, and I can do most things. Sports, unfortunately .... not. BUT! I can still toss the football, baseball, & take a few basketball shots with my 13 year old. I still ... WEIRDLY.. have most short range ultimate Frisbee throwing & catching skills. LOL :0

My point? Sports were a big source of pride for me, and something I truly LOVE. I can't play ice hockey any longer, but there still are a hell of a lot of things I can do.

EVEN DURING this pandemic, it is IMPORTANT not to cut yourself off! No matter what hysteria is being pushed, you have an extremely low risk! I have a suppised very high risk, with MS, very bad allergies, VERY BAD sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and extremely high cholesterol.....
    but...... I'm in very good shape for 57.

I refuse to stop getting out! I wear a mask. My wife and I get out on dates a lot. We eat outside at restaurants, go to the coast whenever we can, stay in nice places, visit wineries, and do as much as we can, while moderately socially distancing. I will continue flying back to visit with my mom, whenever I can. I lived at Lowes this summer, while building a HUGE new patio, gazebo, and redoing ALL the shrubbery and landscape in the back yard this summer.

We are careful, but we never stopped living.

You have your health, & it sounds like you are in good shape? KEEP MOVING! KEEP pushing yourself! DO NOT "LOCK DOWN!" Do not get sucked into hysteria!!! You are too God damned young to buy into hysterical bullshit!
    DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, without being obsessive about it. Enjoy your life, & remember this is just a blip in the big radar of your life.

You're a great person, and you will meet your great person, girl or guy... whatever makes you happy. Keep moving & keep doing.

FOR ME.... WORK is the best cure for everything! It's where you make the strong connections that can last a lifetime.
    WORK! Church? Clubs? volunteer work.

Remember! It's very difficult to get depressed when you get focused on the lives of people you like and love. When you stay locked down, and stay in your own head, it's easy to get depressed. Life must be lived, & dwelling on your own frailties, faults, problems, pain, or whatever, is the stuff that keeps you down!

LIVE! LAUGH! VISIT! WORK! LOVE!

Things WILL turn on a dime at any time.

Few people can mix it up with politics & be happy about it.
    You have to love it... LOVE the history involved.... & remember how things used to be. For now.... in part because of Trump.... that is not going to happen! It ain't worth it anymore! SO LET THAT SHIT GO, & live your life. You are way to young to balance this bullshit, and you don't or shouldn't have the time for it.

Now.... Get out there, live your life! Work your ass off!!!!
    Have fun!!!!! & you will meet an incredible person, and have an incredible life. Just move! Live! Be happy working hard, & it will just happen. Take those important risks when the opportunity is flying by.... & it WILL HAPPEN!

Take care kid! & we will catch you around now and again.

Now, go knock em dead!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Sox75 - Thunder posted this in May. He has returned since then.

Dates are important information.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Sox75 - Thunder posted this in May. He has returned since then.

Dates are important information.
    OH CRAP!

LOL :0

ok... my eyes are going too. Shit! Now I'm depressed about my 3.0 reading glasses not being enough....

LOL :0 Oy vey!

The advice still stands!

RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.